Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bubbleman100

All games from id Software, in just one universe

I think they are. DOOM has that Wolfenstein level and Commander Keen level. also, Quake seems to be in the same type of world as DOOM. 

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I think they are. DOOM has that Wolfenstein level and Commander Keen level. also, Quake seems to be in the same type of world as DOOM.  

I heard somewhere that Billy Blaze is the Father of DoomGuy

They did something like that for their FPS titles with Quake 3/Live and Quake Champions. There are even Doom engine mods that do the shared multiverse thing like QC: Doom Edition and Samsara, although they include many non-id titles.

1 hour ago, JonhSkullyKid said:

I heard somewhere that Billy Blaze is the Father of DoomGuy

DOOM/Wolfenstein RPG

@hubydweyer said: 

Wouldn't it be epic of all the Id games were in the Gears of War universe?

I know you're new here (10 minutes ago), but no. 

NO

no

no

How dare you curse this website!

Just kidding, tho.

Edited by LiT_gam3r

It’s possible. The classic Doom games are canon to the rebooted games due to multiverse shenanigans, and “slipgates” do exist in Doom Eternal.

In that universe Mortimer McMire controls both the Icon of Sin and Shub-Niggurath.

Does this universe also includes stuff by Ideas from the Deep?

Also, it's important to note that Doom 2016 proved the universe was shared with the Elder Scrolls universe, since the skeleton of the Dragonborn can be found in Hell; and with Fallout, since Vault-Tec is Mixom's subcontractors for big doors. And then Doom Eternal also proved that this universe was also shared with Deus Ex, System Shock, Half-Life, Dai-Katana, and Devil Daggers. It also re-confirmed Fallout, Rage, and Quake II.

Great, now make a mod of it. I would like to see more crossovers, they're fun. I wonder how the Strogg behave when teamed with the Quake creatures. And who do the Nazi guards side with. Question is: on which engine? It would be funny to see Wolf3D SS nazis and Doom 3 imps in the same map. 

Not a straight up multiverse (inconsistencies) but yeah id games are kinda all part of id's world and have multiple loose connections and homages.

One of the most overlooked is the untouched Australia (room for Rage 2 which vegetation look Australian) and shattered moon. The BFG is in rage 2 also. I doubt you could connect the stories but you know...

Edited by Deimos

Each of series has a very different style and approach. The clash from pasting them all together results in a weaker setting than they are individually.

20 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Where does Rescue Rover go?

Uh, I kinda recall that the protagonist reminds of a little black doomguy, at least in one cutscenes from the game. But I most probably screwing up some memories.

13 minutes ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

...Dangerous Dave?

Do you mean Lil' Dicky?

Well, we all know Dangerous Dave exists in the Super Mario 3 universe...

...Or does Super Mario 3 exist in the Dangerous Dave universe?

I think Doom and Quake literally do, though I don't think the idea has ever been expanded on in earnest. Wolfenstein maybe, at least in my headcanon.

I prefer Doom be its own universe, though it is cool to see Doomguy, Crash, and Phobos in the Quake series.   I wouldn't mind a little Quake cameo in Doom.