Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
URROVA

FURDEMON: My first singleplayer doom wad

Hello doomworld! I finished my first single player mod for DOOM2. It consists of 5 levels (except the sixth which is a cinematic).

It haves a cliche story: A new demon base was installed on earth, and you must steal the invasion data to counter the attacks, however you realize the true FURDEMON plan, quite strange: to turn all the inhabitants of the planet into a kind of "furries" to attack other planets. You must destroy FURDEMON as soon as possible!

This is my first single player wad, I hope you enjoy it!

Recommendations: You should be able to jump and duck You should be able to freelook, since it's easier to fly You should play it with hardware renderer (OpenGL, Vulkan, etc), since it has dynamic lights, brightmaps, sprite rotations, etc.

This mod is for GZDoom, very recommended the version 4.3.3

Screenshots (In a spoiler to not take up so much space):

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200513_150327.png.5a11ddcebcd53847d58ebc1825022e5f.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200513_150951.png.3df28e52379805944af434f2c0dabb7e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200513_150831.png.8ff6ee982215482e548c10d1b0317bb0.png

Gameplay of the three first levels:

###############################################DOWNLOADS#############################################

The wad is hosted in my itch.io page: 

https://urrova.itch.io/furdemon

Now in doomworld.com/idgames!

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/furdemon

#####################################################################################################

Spoilers:

New enemies:

Spoiler

Rocket Launcher Furry (class FurroElite):

sprite_0.png.ef9e96d1c47c9b98cd5a33c27fe53b98.png

Fly with a jetpack, and launch missiles.

BFG Furry (class BFGFurry):

BFURA0.png.53ee6b2176ceef1021db500c0f7951d9.png

This one doesn't fly, but it has 2 attacks: it shoots Arachnotron shots and BFG balls.

Demoncubus:

DMCBA0.png.a45a46a65e8ee831cdde690216ef9a5f.png

It flies and It has several attacks: it launches arachnotron shots, Mancubus shots, missiles, and some balls that launch waves of plasma balls.

Furleader:

00.png.a7c535df1bbb5b240af9d9611208dbac.png

Here the wad becomes a danmaku: he fires many shots of mancubus, arachnotron, and also spawns enemies.

Furleader (Phase 2):

00.png.1724145d8ad79a994a1acf9cf823d153.png

Also for danmaku: launch many missiles, plasma balls, spawn enemies and shoot balls that shoot waves of plasma balls.

New weapons:

Spoiler

Monster Spawner Gun (in the mod called "a very strange unmaker, rather maker"):

LGUNA0.png.4a35381c9e34d7043d65b09a6219a118.png

This gun shoot Icon of sin's Monster Spawner Cubes. Spawned monsters are your allies and fight with you.

Hope you like my mod!

Edited by URROVA : add gameplay video

A decent attempt at a first map but with one major flaw:

Almost no health items.

What I think sadly didn't help was out of nowhere an autosave occurred which put me in a really bad spot where I could easily die over and over.

Outside of that, I love the bridge building mechanic near the start of the map! A feature not used very often in wads. :)

I do like the furry creatures you added (I'm kinda a furry myself OwO).

fix it please, it looks like good wad but i downloaded it and gzdoom says : script error decorate id36...

15 minutes ago, Pezl said:

fix it please, it looks like good wad but i downloaded it and gzdoom says : script error decorate id36...

What version of GZDoom are you using?

I'm going to try to fix it somehow

I recommended version 4.3.3 of GZDoom, but I will try to fix it so that this error does not appear anymore

It seems to be something about the DECORATE's anonymous functions.

Edited by URROVA

1 hour ago, Pezl said:

for me, it works fine. download the latest version of gzdoom and try it.

I just released version 1.0.1 of FURDEMON.

In this update I was improving furdemon, and corrected several errors: I aligned some misaligned textures and recalculated the autosaves. At level 3: the door that was before the Demoncubus I made it go down instead of going up, to better fit the 3D. And lastly, I added more health / armor items, to give the player more opportunities. If I see more bugs then I’ll keep correcting them!

14 hours ago, URROVA said:

I just released version 1.0.1 of FURDEMON.

In this update I was improving furdemon, and corrected several errors: I aligned some misaligned textures and recalculated the autosaves. At level 3: the door that was before the Demoncubus I made it go down instead of going up, to better fit the 3D. And lastly, I added more health / armor items, to give the player more opportunities. If I see more bugs then I’ll keep correcting them!

thank god for the health items, i typed "resurrect" on the console command...

(that was really funny)

7 hours ago, PointersDoom said:

thank god for the health items, i typed "resurrect" on the console command...

(that was really funny)

You liked the surprise? xD

Maybe someday I will upload the code that does that....

18 hours ago, URROVA said:

You liked the surprise? xD

Maybe someday I will upload the code that does that....

yeah, seems pretty cool to make people not cheat. but you can still do: summon medkit

or, summon megasphere. you can also make the iddqd code