Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

I'm almost done with this mod. Just gotta add in one more EX skill, add in his taunt and fix a few more things here and there to get this officially out of beta mode and into Version 1.

Here's a WIP video of an arena that's part of a WAD I've been working on since late March. The arena in question hasn't had an ammo and health pass yet, and I've yet to add a script that  occurs once the cyberdemon dies. I just thought that the scripting present was really cool, so I wanted to show it off way before I realistically should've.

Any suggestions to make this arena not as shitty are more than welcome.

after days worth of slacking, the base of map08 for my project is nearing completion, just have to add the exit room and the monsters and weapons

Spoiler

Screenshot_115.png.eec0ec5118edda1b32f02ab8e003a68e.png

7 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Here's a WIP video of an arena that's part of a WAD I've been working on since late March. The arena in question hasn't had an ammo and health pass yet, and I've yet to add a script that  occurs once the cyberdemon dies. I just thought that the scripting present was really cool, so I wanted to show it off way before I realistically should've.

this looks really cool! I think it'd be neat to add some roamers on the ground for UV. like maybe some clusters of 4 - 8 imps teleport in in waves, or a few revs that teleport in here or there

A starting room with no particular purpose, existing solely to teleport you to the main area once you try to drop into the pit. All because I wanted some theme to it.

a room with no purpose.png

12 hours ago, Impie said:

Kinda reminds me of that level on 007 Goldeneye on N64 when you ride through the Russian streets in a tank. Pretty cool.

Current status of this map; mostly deleting old sections (NE for example) and working on south eastern area.   Progress has slowed due to other projects (house) but the work continues.   

progress051420.png.a732480b63de4779cc5458a81eeb379a.png

Screen shot to show theme:

progress051420pic.png.f3ec372296043fb817b2de152a98f367.png

here's a preview of one of the maps i'm working on for my ill-fated DGPV sequel, set in a ghetto setting

Spoiler

Screenshot_117.png.46b579dbe778bf874c7513f93ab4674f.png

i've thought about trying to rework the assets into something i can actually post in most doom communities, called Dopeman Adventures, but i don't know if i should go in that way or not

On 5/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, BluePineapple72 said:

Not that it looks shitty in the slightest, because it doesn't, but I'd probably make the arena itself larger to avoid a lot of that splash damage. Unless you put more healing items or powerups in there then the splash damage from the cyberdemon and the damage done by the lava will make that one pretty tough. The lower floors gimmicks you got are great, makes it feel like an old PS2 boss battle.

7 hours ago, metalhumanbeing said:

Screenshot_Doom_20200513_002315.png.43885189b2c349592a7cc774d7c7a8fb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200513_002334.png.1be73a8bd9e6a5b70141bb63e6700396.png

this looks like a lost dos shooter on an alternate computer platform. any idea when's the demo release date?

It's been a while but now something new by me currently in progress

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_224328.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_224400.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_224436.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200515_221949.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200515_222005.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200516_225410_01.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200518_225531.png

Edited by IRod54

Had to test the map with no monsters and use the 'IDCLIP' cheat to get to the best place for a good screenshot of this room, which I'm glad to say, is now finished (design wise.) All it needs now is a some explosive barrels and a few enemies. Yes, I am a bit slow with mapping, but I like to take my time and get everything right and highly detailed.

Screenshot_Doom_20200516_004821.png

I am working on my first wad I am almost done with the second to final level and plan on posting it in a new topic when it is ready just know that its my first wad and it's probably bad/too difficult

edit:all the other wads make mine look like garbage! I hope I can get better in the future also here's a picture of a transition i am very proud of

image.png.041ffe2cd95d27ff0fb2e772864f6cbf.png

14 minutes ago, seamuskills said:

I am working on my first wad I am almost done with the second to final level and plan on posting it in a new topic when it is ready just know that its my first wad and it's probably bad/too difficult

edit:all the other wads make mine look like garbage! I hope I can get better in the future also here's a picture of a transition i am very proud of

image.png.041ffe2cd95d27ff0fb2e772864f6cbf.png

While it might make sense to have cracks transition into glowing, a straight border looks weird. A blood on the same level as rock is just not good. Romero's rule to always change height when you change the texture is a good rule to live by, generally.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, IRod54 said:

It's been a while but now something new by me currently in progress

these look awesome! I love the environments and level of detail. I think the lighting is pretty flat though - it looks like every sector is just 256 brightness, so there's no contrast in lighting anywhere :(

what will this game look like, which already has 99 percent of the first room that won't change much

13 hours ago, Tango said:

these look awesome! I love the environments and level of detail. I think the lighting is pretty flat though - it looks like every sector is just 256 brightness, so there's no contrast in lighting anywhere :(

Because I used the brightness cheat for a better look

Working in a boss arena for my Death Wyvern:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Hexen_20200516_224846.png.8bd70bde843fee70ec20efe193f870dc.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Hexen_20200516_224908.png.fb4fee94346b4f4a9ea63e1c7fb021d1.png

18 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

While it might make sense to have cracks transition into glowing, a straight border looks weird. A blood on the same level as rock is just not good. Romero's rule to always change height when you change the texture is a good rule to live by, generally.

noted thanks for the feedback! I will change it soon, I will probably keep the rocks logged with blood/glowing rocks but they will be lowered with the blood

Here's a playthrough of my little quarantine project... my first WAD: Metastasis

I started this thing in late March and have been piling shit on top of it ever since. It isn't finished, but I'm too eager to show it off, so I recorded a little playthrough to show the world what I'm working on and to eventually be ashamed of! I'm really excited to set this baby off to the wolves, but that'll take time.

Let me know what you think please!