Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drfrag

Romero's Heresy II Zandronum MP sessions

I've messed with my router's configuration and tonight i'll be hosting a Zandronum Romero's Heresy II coop server for 16 players at 0:00 UTC+2 (Spain).
I know the baron claw is not widescreen friendly and Brohnesorge has given me permission to use his claw from HOD Baron. Thanks!
I need to fix the mod for recent GZDoom version and while i'm at it i could polish some stuff so i'd like to do some testing.
The server name is drfrag's Romero's Heresy II server.
Things to take into account: well better read the Heresy II thread, the wad should be loaded automatically by Zandronum.
Most weapons have an alt fire. The powerups are different and powaful, especially the baron ovum. Don't pickup weapons already on the map while you're morphed.
I plan to host team DM as well, there are three player classes: marine, dark elf and baron of hell. The renegade class is sort of a marine-mage which can use most weapons and in DM i consider selecting it cheating. The elf can convert clips and shell to orbs and arrows (it's random so retry i can't remember why i implemented it that way).
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56806 (see some clues below).

I bad with UTC time and I'm not sure if I was early or late or this was a nogo last night.   Awesome mod though.   I had downloaded it and recommended it before, but I hadn't noticed before that it was yours or that I was in the credits for a couple player skins, ha.   Makes me want to quick whip up Heretic conversations of some of my maps.

WOW! Thanks very much, i appreciate it. Your skins were great. :D

A few guys from Doom Realm Español joined and we had fun, we played the first episode. I know the mod is not popular, requiring heretic.wad doesn't help either. So only a few people joined. One of these nights we could play the second episode but i'd like more people to join.

It's UTC+2 (time of Spain) here you can know the current UTC and there's a world map.

There's an original Romero's Heresy mod (much older) and it was a DOS patch to convert the levels to Doom 2, i uploaded a preinstalled version to archive.org. That one was compatible with mods.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=66473

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

I didn't know you were a mapper too.

What about playing tonight at the same hour the second episode? Is there anyone here interested?

I'm interested, but I will most likely be able to join in at 01:00-01:30 UTC+2.

I don't get the +2 after the UTC.   Current UTC is 16:24 so I figure in about 3 1/2 hours from now would be 0:00, if the +2 doesn't throw that off.

I'm good with time zones.   I think Spain is four or five hours ahead of US Eastern.   Pretty sure UK is five.  I think Kenya is 9 and Japan is 13.   It being about 12:30 PM here now I suppose it's about 6:30 or 7:30 PM in Spain now.   So when it's 10 or 11 in Spain or 6 or 7 here.

Hi!, I am one of those who joined, I joined the previous server and it was really fun!, I will surely join again and I invite you to join us :P

Thanks, cool. I'll start the server at 0:30 so more people can join. Time difference is big and it's still early there tough.

Things will get more serious in the second episode, it will be harder. Using the artifacts is important and i recommend playing as the renegade (marine-mage) to get all the weapons. I should change the name of that class but i could not think of a better name.

Ok, I'm on Doomseeker now.  Just going to pick up a cheese steak and some pizza somewhere nearby quick.

Oops I had a brainfart and was thinking 0:00 comes after 19:00.    Sometimes it seems like there's only 20 hours in a day.  I'll be on then.  16:48 military time here so it looks like you're 6 hours ahead.

Thankfully you were good with timezones. :)

Better check the map, it's in less than an hour. It's 23:49 here.

Good time playing through episodes 2 & 3.

Some marines gotta watch their shotgun blasts, especially with the alpha-ish SSG.   Got nailed by enemies from being shoved against them.  And some players mistook player barons, allied barons, and even Dark Elves/Corvus as monsters and kept shooting at them.

Yeah, it was great fun when there were more players then some guys from doom realm español left. There was some lag but it played mostly well.

That's the beta supershotgun aka supersupershotgun and it's extremely powerful but you need to get very close and personal with that one as spread is huge.

Well that's typical also happens in BD when players turn into monsters. The Corvus bastard brother thing is a bit surprising tough.

It was a baron party, "the baron is me" lol. The server aborted when we finished episodes 2 and 3 and we were kicked out (server error), it also happens with vanilla Heretic and it's a Zandro bug. I'll report that. For those who played Gokuma left at 2:30 am here, it was really late. :)

Edit: well baron players use the Gokuma skin and they are colored and move pretty fast for a baron so it's more or less clear that they are not monsters lol.

Edited by drfrag

Will be there.   As long as some new type  of not-so-underwhelming apocalypse doesn't happen.