Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

What Do You Think Of Biohazard 7 (Resident Evil)?

12 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

How is that a problem? the entire RE series is based on B-Horror movies along with all its tropes;

the main Villain of RE1 literally wears glasses indoors... at night

Not a problem referencing horror titles. I just thought that Evil Dead stuff in Biohazard would be odd. Sorry about that.

Love it. Definitely one of the better examples of first person horror games that have been very fashionable over the last decade, and a good example of how to soft reboot a series. As much as I liked the RE2 remake I hope they don't abandon the direction they took with 7 and spend the next few years just doing remakes.

6 minutes ago, DoomUK said:

As much as I liked the RE2 remake I hope they don't abandon the direction they took with 7 and spend the next few years just doing remakes.

considering the fact that RE4 is gonna get a remake, i doubt they're planning to stop anytime soon.

but hey, maybe they'll make RE5 and especially 6 better when they get to them. :V

33 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

There won't be a RE4 remake. Plus it wouldn't make sense to have a RE4 remake.

Technically wouldn't Code: Veronica be next? It did have an updated version come out years ago (Code: Veronica X) plus some HD version on X360/PS3 that i never played nor even knew about until about a year ago. I'm not sure how "HD" it is though tbh.

Anyways, I never played 7. It just looked to different for me. I did hear good things about it though. Also at by the time 7 came out i wasn't really into RE games anymore. The last one i played was 5 and that one is really only good when played co-op so i never play it anymore because i have no one to play it with lol. I haven't even played the Re-Re-mastered version of 1, the new remake of 2 or 3. Maybe at some point i'll get around to 'em. 

I'm not sure if 4 needs a remake tbh. Maybe just an HD update which i think it actually had already. I hate some parts of that game tbh so i haven't played it in a while (baby sitting Ashley for one). I'd be interested to see what the remake looks like if they ever do one. But for now i still have plenty of RE games to play (6, 7, HD variants and remakes).

A survival horror-based RE4 remake with Nick Apostolides returning as Leon? I couldn't preorder that fast enough. 

28 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

Who's Nick?

"Nick Apostolides is a voice actor who provided the voice and motion capture performance of Leon S. Kennedy in 2019's Resident Evil 2. Apostolides also provided the motion capture performance of the Unnamed truck driver."

I took that from the fandom wiki as i had no clue who that was either lol.

6 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

There won't be a RE4 remake. Plus it wouldn't make sense to have a RE4 remake.

Why wouldn't it though? in my opinion RE4 needs a remake the most due to how different it is to the classic RE games

Imagine RE4 but with less Kung Fu and more actual RE gameplay mechanics. plus its their chance to make Ashley less irritating gameplay wise

not to mention the recent leaks point to an RE4 remake

54 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Why wouldn't it though? in my opinion RE4 needs a remake the most due to how different it is to the classic RE games

Imagine RE4 but with less Kung Fu and more actual RE gameplay mechanics. plus its their chance to make Ashley less irritating gameplay wise

not to mention the recent leaks point to an RE4 remake

I just want to point out that the new remakes are definitely different to their original counterparts so uhh...i don't think they are going to make RE4 more "classic RE style" if that's what you mean (or bring them in line with the new remakes). Anyways, who cares? The launch date still 2 years away. If all they can do is remake their older games then they really must have run out of ideas at this point.

Also RE4 modernized RE sort of like how Fallout 3 modernized the Fallout series or how Morrowind (or Oblivion) modernized the Elder Scrolls series. It happens.

47 minutes ago, CyberDreams said:

I just want to point out that the new remakes are definitely different to their original counterparts so uhh...i don't think they are going to make RE4 more "classic RE style" if that's what you mean

You mean the Remakes doesn't have invovled Puzzle solving, exploration and interconnected levels with less emphasis on Action like the classics? I think i played the wrong remake then...

becuase Im not talking about Fixed Camera angles and prerendered backgrounds

If all they can do is remake their older games then they really must have run out of ideas at this point.

Remakes have been around since the dawn of entertainment, so i guess we've ran out of ideas LONG AGO

Also RE4 modernized RE sort of like how Fallout 3 modernized the Fallout series

Im not saying RE4 is bad, I love the game, i just want to see that setting with classic RE designs. 

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

You mean the Remakes doesn't have invovled Puzzle solving, exploration and interconnected levels with less emphasis on Action like the classics? I think i played the wrong remake then...

becuase Im not talking about Fixed Camera angles and prerendered backgrounds

There have been so many remakes that i didn't know which ones you were talking about tbh. I was mainly talking about the new versions of 2 and 3, which i've only seen gameplay of tbh. Those ones are more action oriented with a third-person viewpoint so yes, they are different than the original games. Not that it's a bad thing though.

Remakes have been around since the dawn of entertainment, so i guess we've ran out of ideas LONG AGO

True. I was obviously talking about the Resident Evil series and Capcom though.

Im not saying RE4 is bad, I love the game, i just want to see that setting with classic RE designs. 

It is a great game tbh. I'm not sure if they'd add "classic RE designs" though, w/e that means. When i think "classic RE designs" i think of the zombies, puzzles and well the fixed camera and pre-rendered backgrounds so...But like i said earlier i'd be interested in seeing what Capcom has up its sleeve for a remake of 4.

9 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

I was mainly talking about the new versions of 2 and 3, which i've only seen gameplay of tbh. Those ones are more action oriented with a third-person viewpoint so yes, they are different than the original games. 

If you've actually played them you would knoe they have the same level of action as the classic games.

So no, aside from better aiming and camera angles the gameplay is comparable to the original.

59 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

If you've actually played them you would knoe they have the same level of action as the classic games.

No he is exactly on point about RE3make, it really failed entirely as a remake. 2 was more successful at being survival horror but still quite a bland kind of it versus the original, with several interesting mechanics involving links between the different scenarios just not being translated at all. I think people got carried away calling it a great remake, it just managed not to be a bad one. 

Are we really going to go "MUH GRAVEDIGGER/CLOCK TOWER/ENDING CHOICES" again? 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Are we really going to go "MUH GRAVEDIGGER/CLOCK TOWER/ENDING CHOICES" again? 

I had more issue with the absolutely fucking terrible script that in particular made Jill completely unrecognisable as a character not to mention obnoxious, the fucking stupid parody level final boss fight and the fact the Nemesis doesn't operate in any interesting manner other than just being in pre-scripted sequences despite the fact the original game was Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS. 

It just feels like a cheapo expansion for 2, Capcom outsourced most of it and their lack of involvement in it as a project shows. 

1 hour ago, hybridial said:

No he is exactly on point about RE3make, it really failed entirely as a remake. 

I  have to agree with RE3R not being as good of a remake. RE2R however IS a great remake since it manged to build on the original so well.

20 minutes ago, hybridial said:

I had more issue with the absolutely fucking terrible script that in particular made Jill completely unrecognisable as a charactery

I dont get this at all. The REemakes coming are suppose to make the characters their own thing.

Jill from RE3R is not suppose to be the same as in RE3: Nemesis.

But i will agree the gameplay for RE3R is somewhat lacking

EDIT: whoops double post. Messed up quotes on mobile.

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

I dont get this at all. The REemakes coming are suppose to make the characters their own thing.

Jill from RE3R is not suppose to be the same as in RE3: Nemesis.

Well, yes, she is supposed to be, because the point is in a long running series with narratives that flow through them, consistency is a good thing, and just because these games are remakes doesn't mean they can just arbitrarily change things without that creating problems. And aside from the inconsistency, it is bad writing. Jill's a former member of a professional special forces squad. In her appearances before this game her demeanour fits with that. They replaced that with bad action movie quips, which really does not help against the perception RE3make is an action game. (and frankly it is, last time RE writing was so cringe was RE4). 

1 hour ago, hybridial said:

Well, yes, she is supposed to be

Not really no, they already established in RE2Make that the characters in these remakes are going to be their own thing and not just a copy of the Originals.

especially true for Claire, Marvin, Kendo and even Carlos.

The story is half of the reason I play RE, the other half being the scares. I can't wait to see what direction RE8 goes in. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

The story is half of the reason I play RE, the other half being the scares. I can't wait to see what direction RE8 goes in.

I totally agree. I may actually try to catch up on them; buy them the next time they are on sale. I mean, i do enjoy good gameplay also so @The Strife Commando isn't wrong there ;)

2 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

Well gameplay is more important.

No one saying it isnt though...

On 5/15/2020 at 12:20 PM, Viscra Maelstrom said:

preparations for the project has begun since back in 2018, and it's supposedly scheduled for a release in 2022. it is happening.

This is interesting, I wouldn't have expected them to remake 4 as well because um, didn't the version put up on Steam have some enhancements already, like an HD version of sorts?

At any rate, I thought the remakes were great and I'd like to see more of them (gonna have to see what they did with 3 though, that's one I haven't seen yet).

9 hours ago, hybridial said:

Well, yes, she is supposed to be, because the point is in a long running series with narratives that flow through them, consistency is a good thing, and just because these games are remakes doesn't mean they can just arbitrarily change things without that creating problems.

Well no, that's actually exactly the point of a remake, they are not supposed to be a recreation of the original game on a 1:1 scale, and this is even truer for re-imaginings which allow far more creative liberties to be taken, in which case you're better off tossing HD packs at the original and call it a day. Besides, it's not like the originals will be taken away from people anyway, both can co-exist without being a carbon copy of each other, so they can do their own thing. This would only cause consistency issues in the story if the remakes would also make changes to the canon, annihilating the originals, which I'm not sure they do?

Edited by seed

2 hours ago, seed said:

Well no, that's actually exactly the point of a remake, they are not supposed to be a recreation of the original game on a 1:1 scale, and this is even truer for re-imaginings which allow far more creative liberties to be taken

I find it surprising that you don't understand the issue here. This game might be a remake of Resident Evil 3, but as a story its still meant to be a sequel to Resident Evil Remake. Or is it not and I should just completely ignore any connection this game has with that one? I don't think that's the case at all. Just because the game is a remake doesn't mean it belongs in a vacuum, and well, I notice you didn't try to make an argument about the "quality" of the characterisation here. Because regardless, it is just bad in that game. 

And in a remake I don't think changes should be made for the sake of it, especially if the new approach is inferior. 

10 minutes ago, hybridial said:

I find it surprising that you don't understand the issue here. This game might be a remake of Resident Evil 3, but as a story its still meant to be a sequel to Resident Evil Remake. Or is it not and I should just completely ignore any connection this game has with that one? I don't think that's the case at all. Just because the game is a remake doesn't mean it belongs in a vacuum, and well, I notice you didn't try to make an argument about the "quality" of the characterisation here. Because regardless, it is just bad in that game. 

But are there really consistency issues between the remakes as well? That's the thing.

I didn't make an argument about its quality because well, I haven't seen the game in action yet, so I can't have an opinion on something I don't know anything about. But if you disliked the previous remakes as well, then this is likely something we won't agree on, I thought the other remakes were great.

Just now, seed said:

As about connecting the games, to be more explicit about this, I think of the remakes as being an alternate timeline/universe, with the originals having their own thing going, unless they are meant to make retcons or whatever, but according to jazzmaster above, if the characters themselves are actually not the same, then it seems to work with my multiverse theory rather than tying them with the originals.

From a writing perspective I'm not a fan of using "multiverse" explanations. No, these were simply a take on this story done by a different author, and they sucked. And it doesn't matter that they're "different", I disagree with the decision to make them so different, there's a lack of justification for it. I had less issues with RE2make mostly because I don't think the characters were as dissonant with the originals (I mean RE4 Leon is far less like RE2 Leon than RE2make Leon) and they weren't written badly on top.  

I mean to sum up, don't suck, because if you do, then it looks bad next to the originals and makes it hard to justify you even exist. And RE3make across the board, just isn't very good.