Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pezl

Deep In Hell 1 [WAD]

Next level named "DeepInHell 1" is my second, its not hard and i think you will complete it :) tell me bugs or how you feel after this wad.

Creator: Pezl

Created: 12.5. 16PM

Run in with: DOOM2

i spent 3 hours to this level, enjoy :)

DeepHell 1.rar

Can't download the file:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S328/1

@Loomis, sorry if it doesnt works try theese links , 7zip or ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9dvsgirhtfmpq6a/DeepHell1.zip/file

RAR: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3sg4xsxtrj2jfe/ProjectHell.rar/file

Hi @Trapper

I played your map now and it's a nice start. I will point out some flaws and bugs, though:

Spoiler

This door doesn't seem to work (or is it intended?):Screenshot_Doom_20200513_174717.png.6275f1bdff37f8d292a71691f8ac0f40.png

A texture is missing here:Screenshot_Doom_20200513_174833.png.047b006fec7188b39638dab8a315df64.png

Sides of this door are not "lower unpegged" (and could use DOORTRAK texture):Screenshot_Doom_20200513_174733.png.221cbaf7140aa36133ee6dbc080d6e72.png

This texture normally indicates a switch, but here is none:Screenshot_Doom_20200513_175216.png.5659ed51441cf4422ff07345f6091455.png

Ceiling textures can normally not be moved/aligned therefore you better place things like lights into the 64x64 grid, so they won't get cut like here:Screenshot_Doom_20200513_175235.png.3213471cc046f13f8ffa82591d63ec29.png

Would be nice to indicate the exit by one of the EXIT textures:Screenshot_Doom_20200513_175308.png.3c895af3a775d3672659f6a3813ae47a.png

Some textures are misaligned:Screenshot_Doom_20200513_174706.png

The outdoor area where the red key is has many sectors tagged as secret, where you should only tag one as a secret. Otherwise they all count as different secrets.

A questionable design decision is, that you can find the neccesary key to exit the map in a secret area.

By the way, in your original post you should always give information whether jumping/crouching is needed.

But as I said, a nice start. Incorporate the tips and tricks you get and your maps get better and better.

Edited by Loomis

6 hours ago, Trapper said:

@Loomis, sorry if it doesnt works try theese links , 7zip or ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9dvsgirhtfmpq6a/DeepHell1.zip/file

RAR: [file is now down]

Good map to start! But it has some problems. The red key is necessary, but first it is a secret, and second, the door that leads to it does not work, and it is for the following:

Next to the door there is a sector that lowered the ceiling to the same height as the door, what the door does is get up to the closest ceiling, and it turns out that it moves up to the height of that sector. A solution would be to delete that sector:

Captura.PNG.61a47ec4c573a6aba3849390db6b96eb.PNG

One thing: if you want to put a switch, and the textures don't fit, you can use "spacer textures". For example, METAL, SUPPORT2, SUPPORT3, DOORTRAK, and DOORSTOP are good enough at separating textures that don't fit. In the "switch" at the beginning, which is also not a switch, it looks like a piece of a skull on each side, using spacers it could be fixed.

oh, and one thing, in one area there is like 5 or 6 secrets, it's okay to put the first one that leads to the secret, but not all.

Hi @Clippy thanks a lot iam very happy for this video thank you so much :)) iam so happy

Just now, Pezl said:

Hi @Clippy thanks a lot iam very happy for this video thank you so much :)) iam so happy

Ha ha no prob bud. Just like finding random maps to play 😁

@Clippy only try my new maps this is my second map and it has 10 secrets because i was bad at creating :D

If you want record my new maps you can but if you wont record its ok :)

Now iam doing better maps. But thanks for playing iam happy for any guy who play my levels :)))

/ if you want :) /

Edited by Pezl