Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skootroot

How to make custom Doom monster sprites?

Question

I've been mapping in Doom for about a year now and love it but I'd like to add my own sprites, but I don't know how to. Could someone link a tutorial or something that could help me out? I've looked around the internet and found nothing that helped with adding your own sprites, just other peoples' custom sprites

2 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, Skootroot said:

I've been mapping in Doom for about a year now and love it but I'd like to add my own sprites, but I don't know how to. Could someone link a tutorial or something that could help me out? I've looked around the internet and found nothing that helped with adding your own sprites, just other peoples' custom sprites

Amuscaria has made a few tutorials over the years.

Also check out Hellforge, which is chockful of new monsters and weapons.

The most difficult task is to get all the rotations correct.

In addition, look at the Resources page on ZDoom Forum for what others are creating, and while there, do a search for spriting tutorials.

Alternatively you can look into using 3D modelling software like Blender. Not everyone is a pixel artist, but may be able to whip something up in Blender (or even download stock models and modify them). Imho Blender saves a lot of time and might be the only real solution for non-pixel artists.