Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

The Two Towers - Requiem Overture

Have any of you heard the full version of the orchestral trailer music from the newest Two Towers trailer? It is one of the best pieces of music I have heard and it moved me in a way that no music has before. Because it was composed by Clint Mansell it is the only LOTR track that is not on the soundtrack, sigh...

Anyway, you just have to listen to it and you can download it here...

Sigh, old news. And it isn't in the movie, only in the trailer - so there's no reason why it should be in the soundtrack.

Either way it's not part of the TTT soundtrack and really only a remix of the original theme for Requiem for a Dream.

TTT tracks I really liked, not in any particular order:

Foundations of Stone
Isengard Unleashed
Gollum's Song

Excellent, I've been looking for this track since I saw the trailer 2 months ago :) Now I'll just have to splice it with the rest of the clips from the FotR soundtrack to recreate the proper trailer music...

I got the TTT soundtrack hoping the final portion of the trailer music would be somewhere on the CD, but had no such luck. Barring Foundation of Stone, Treebeard and Isengard Unleashed, I didn't really care for the soundtrack at all. The music is laid out as like the composer just graduated from soundtrack school "Now the bad guys are coming, use a variation of this theme here", etc. I would have enjoyed Gollum's Song if the singer didn't sing worse than Björk.

I dunno though if that is the actual track. So far then I've seen at least 3 versions.

1) Original theme from Requiem for a Dream
2) Remix by Tim Aste
3) This one, which I think is still yet a different mix

Arioch said:

I dunno though if that is the actual track.

It might not be, but it does have all the parts from the TTT trailer intact.

Still, I'll need to track down a higher quality version of the track (preferably in WAV format) before recreating the actual trailer mix. I may just buy the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack; I hear the rest is just as good.

The only thing I don't like about her singing is that her voice is always on the verge of cracking (and sometimes does).

Lüt said:

The only thing I don't like about her singing is that her voice is always on the verge of cracking (and sometimes does).

Lol yea your right im like ahhhh must shelter ear drums.