Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lapax_

I need some help for making a megawad

Hi, i'm pretty new to create levels and i'm trying my best for making a megaWAD, uh, i need some help, if someone wants to help me please reply me under this post, the level editor is Doom Builder 2, the IWAD is Doom 2 and the source port is GZDOOM, 

Thank you so much for reading 

-TPM

I wouldn't recommend going for a full-fledged megawad if you're only starting out. Make a few small maps first to familizarize yourself with the workflow and see what works and what doesn't as far as level design is concerned. I've seen God knows how many overambitious beginners try to make the next big thing, only for their projects to fall through sooner or later.

Also, DB2 is outdated. Use Doom Builder X or Ultimate Doom Builder instead.

Just now, MFG38 said:

I wouldn't recommend going for a full-fledged megawad if you're only starting out. Make a few small maps first to familizarize yourself with the workflow and see what works and what doesn't as far as level design is concerned. I've seen God knows how many overambitious beginners try to make the next big thing, only for their projects to fall through sooner or later.

Ok, thank u so much for helping

:-)

14 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Also, DB2 is outdated. Use Doom Builder X or Ultimate Doom Builder instead.

Ultimate Doom Builder is the continuation of GzDoom Builder?

8 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Ultimate Doom Builder is the continuation of GzDoom Builder?

Yep.

If you're new, then making a megawad, even with help is a large job and it's a large amount of work for any skill level. Like MFG38 said, make some smaller maps and go from there.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun and good luck. ;)

On 5/15/2020 at 4:18 PM, PointersDoom said:

Im interested on helping you on your project.

Thank u
i'm actually making a first map for testing myself, i will post that here and see how it is

Thanks to you all for helping, i love doom, i play it since years and is fun and now, after years playing mods and custom levels i'm introducing myself to level creating, so, THANKS!

On 5/15/2020 at 6:11 PM, Steve88 said:

@Thepadmaster51
Post the first level you make here tag me and i will make a video play through :)

yes thank you

For who wants to contact me these are my contacts:

Twitter: @Master51Pad

Instagram: @_._.thepadmaster51._._

Discord: Thepadmaster51#2717
E-mail: thepadmaster51@gmail.com

Thanks you again for helping ;-)

Edited by Thepadmaster51 : i'm such a noob in english srry i'm italian

UPDATE

I actually using Doom builder X and the level is going kinda good i think. If you wanna try what i did in 1 hour instead of studying i attach here the file

(the level isn't complete put please rate my work)

Have a good day :D

MAP01(Work_In_Progress).rar

Okay it's time for a review, first off the map starts off in a really shit way 4 shotgunners gang-fuck you the minute you spawn in, the super shotgun is given WAY too early and the health vials are useless plus playing on UV is a death sentence there are several texture issues which angers me.

The ceiling texture choice is vomit-inducing the geometry and design is terrible and the key cards are pitifully easy to snag, i understand that this is your first map but you really have a TON to learn about map creation.

RATING:1/10

10 minutes ago, DRMman said:

Okay it's time for a review, first off the map starts off in a really shit way 4 shotgunners gang-fuck you the minute you spawn in, the super shotgun is given WAY too early and the health vials are useless plus playing on UV is a death sentence there are several texture issues which angers me.

The ceiling texture choice is vomit-inducing the geometry and design is terrible and the key cards are pitifully easy to snag, i understand that this is your first map but you really have a TON to learn about map creation.

RATING:1/10

ok thanks, i'm gonna improve the weak points and fix that issues and remove the SSG and the shotgunners from the start

thank you for reporting me these problems

@Thepadmaster51 That's good i just like helping folks with maps from time to time, i try to be constructive with my criticism.

29 minutes ago, DRMman said:

@Thepadmaster51 That's good i just like helping folks with maps from time to time, i try to be constructive with my criticism.

I placed that shotgunners at the beginning because i wanted an action starting and that thing you said about them has maked me laugh out loud long as fuck but, talking "serious" the original idea for the map was a kinda Stranger-Things-ripoff-but-in-doom idea

i intend using teleports for making a way from hell to earth but without changing scenario i don't know if you understand

Edited by Thepadmaster51

@DRMman let's chat on discord

My tag:  Thepadmaster#2717

Send me request ;-)

Edited by Thepadmaster51

1 hour ago, Thepadmaster51 said:

@DRMman let's chat on discord

My tag:  Thepadmaster#2717

Send me request ;-)

I was trying to contact you through discord, but the name of your account didnt have 51

Just now, PointersDoom said:

I was trying to contact you through discord, but the name of your account didnt have 51

Frick you're right i messed up srry