Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obake

Post your Desktop Background

Just changed mine.

Beksinski-2-990x1024.jpg

I just really love his work. I had this as my background for a few years, decided to change it back. It gives me some room for my desktop icons on the sides as well.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:54 AM, Mara said:

collab pictures with my ex

Pretty cute! Did you used MMD for creating it? Or you used another 3D software?

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Pretty cute! Did you used MMD for creating it? Or you used another 3D software?

It's a booth model with heavy texture editing by me, picture taken in VRChat (I'm the one with purple hair). https://booth.pm/en/items/1255054 My Blender experience is pretty limited to stuff like headswapping and such. I could learn it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it right now.

NFS Heat may have been a disappointment, but the wallpaper is still good.

desktop.png.a3ac3cb274e1761c29c50842c75a0464.png

Also can't help but post my laptop wallpaper: I like it too much not to.

919333929_Screenshot2020-05-19at18_52_49.png.a756888ccf6de455280608a712ba43b5.png

1 hour ago, Rathori said:

NFS Heat may have been a disappointment, but the wallpaper is still good.

Was it though? It's easily the best NFS we've got since HP2010/MW2012.

Not perfect by far, and nowhere near close the classic era and Black Box's games in general, but I thought Ghost managed to do something pretty decent - and definitely vastly superior to 2015 and Payback...

On 5/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, seed said:

Was it though? It's easily the best NFS we've got since HP2010/MW2012.

Not perfect by far, and nowhere near close the classic era and Black Box's games in general, but I thought Ghost managed to do something pretty decent - and definitely vastly superior to 2015 and Payback...

Heat kinda fell short of my expectations. I don't even know what it is that it's missing exactly, it just doesn't feel fun to play. I had a blast playing 2015, though, despite the weird drifty physics. I liked the easy-to-drift part of it and disliked the hard-not-to-drift parts of it, basically.

They've also ruined the off-road races, which were actually quite fun in Payback, but feel like complete crap in Heat.

Taken from AMID EVIL:

qy4hqNr.jpg

I landed myself with the "Filthy Cheater" achievement just to set up this shot.

4 minutes ago, Rathori said:

Heat kinda fell short of my expectations. I don't even know what it is that it's missing exactly, it just doesn't feel fun to play. I had a blast playing 2015, though, despite the weird drifty physics. I liked the easy-to-drift part of it and disliked the hard-not-to-drift parts of it, basically.

They've also ruined the off-road races, which were actually quite fun in Payback, but feel like complete crap in Heat.

Heh, so basically you expected the opposite many of us wanted. Heat was kind of a return-to-form with vastly improved physics, although B2D means you still have to drift sometimes, as the Grip handling still feels a bit too much like on rails - not as much as in the other 2, as far as I know though.

I'm a bit surprised to hear you wanted more off-road racing, which seems to be universally despised in some places of the internet, and them no longer being a focus in Heat was well received by those. I thought they sucked tbh. And not to mention the story and characters in Payback and 2015... yuck. I personally see no redeeming qualities in these two games, 2015 at least had a strong Underground vibe and atmosphere, which I loved, but the physics sucked, and so did most of the other things in it. Payback was a step forward but had to be killed with MTX.

6 minutes ago, scalliano said:

I landed myself with the "Filthy Cheater" achievement just to set up this shot.

Nice. For some reason the sunrise + mountains near the horizon give me Full Throttle vibes.

@seed I wouldn't say I wanted them, but for me the offroad parts were one of the few redeeming things about Payback. I do agree that they don't belong in an NFS game, though, and I wished they would just make a separate off-road game - could be a pretty decent arcade off-road racer IMO. I also liked the drift events in it. That's about it.

What I really loved about 2015 is how you would run into (sometimes literally) other players and racers while playing, both in race events and free roam. It really made the city and the game feel alive for me, like there was an actual street racing scene and not just you in a vacuum. Too bad it didn't have any communication options whatsoever. It also had pretty good music, I still listen to some of the tracks. Speaking of which, I hate the Heat OST. It might be the only NFS game where I turned the music off after a few hours.

And story sucks pretty much in every NFS game that has one, Heat is no exception to this :P

Edited by Rathori : Hotkey fail - posted before finishing writing the post.

42 minutes ago, Rathori said:

@seed I wouldn't say I wanted them, but for me the offroad parts were one of the few redeeming things about Payback. I do agree that they don't belong in an NFS game, though, and I wished they would just make a separate off-road game - could be a pretty decent arcade off-road racer IMO. I also liked the drift events in it. That's about it.

Problem here is that, by nature, the drift events are pointless due to the physics - you have to drift all day, everyday anyway. Besides, to this day, no other NFS title managed to beat Underground 1, 2, and Carbon's drifting - granted in Carbon they were too easy, nowadays I literally just drift from the start to the finish line in canyon drifts :p . Easy 2 million points and above. But drifting in the Underground games was top notch, particularly in Jackson Heights, downhill drifting was just too good in UG2. The arenas were good too.

What I really loved about 2015 is how you would run into (sometimes literally) other players and racers while playing, both in race events and free roam. It really made the city and the game feel alive for me, like there was an actual street racing scene and not just you in a vacuum. Too bad it didn't have any communication options whatsoever. It also had pretty good music, I still listen to some of the tracks. Speaking of which, I hate the Heat OST. It might be the only NFS game where I turned the music off after a few hours.

One problem though - 2015 was online-only, due to this, once Ghost/EA shut down the servers it's goodbye, just like it happened with World, although in its defense that was an MMO racer, not a SP-focused game with MP functionality that's always online. The MP side wasn't even good from what I'm hearing.

They should have done that with AI racers, like UG2 and Carbon did, who could be challenged in freeroam or simply be encountered after spending some time there. I never though any of Ghost's games had good music frankly, although this is entirely subjective and up to personal preference. Honestly I've not liked the soundtrack in an NFS game since MW2012/Rivals.

And story sucks pretty much in every NFS game that has one, Heat is no exception to this :P

Yeah, no doubt, NFS is not known for storytelling. The story has almost always been the same/recycled, but at least the narrative was better, and the characters were far better written, acted, voiced, or presented. Eddie and the Eastsiderz gang, TJ, Jose, Samantha, Rachel (also the comic book-styled cutscenes in this game were great), Mia and the entire blacklist from MW2005, Cross, Darius and the player crew members from Carbon, all of those are vastly more interesting that Ghost's characters, not to mention memorable.

Ghost tried really hard to deliver, but they simply weren't great developers to be honest. Criterion showed huge potential with HP2010, but EA forced them to change direction with MW2012, which resulted in a glorified rebranded Burnout game - just search on Youtube for the MW2012 alpha, and see how much more faithful and "featureful" that game was going to be originally, before EA stepped in. It was a solid racing game, but not an NFS one. Since they're back at the wheel though, I wonder what this decade holds for the future of NFS, since the 2010s started very promising, but went kinda downhill after Rivals.

13 minutes ago, seed said:

Besides, to this day, no other NFS title managed to beat Underground 1, 2, and Carbon's drifting - granted in Carbon they were too easy, nowadays I literally just drift from the start to the finish line in canyon drifts :p . Easy 2 million points and above. But drifting in the Underground games was top notch, particularly in Jackson Heights, downhill drifting was just too good in UG2. The arenas were good too.

I can pretty much put my signature under this :P Also, grip physics in UG2 the best in any arcade NFS game. It still feels right. If only they would just bolt some new graphics and a shitload of new cars onto that handling model and release a new NFS like that.

For me though 2015 and Payback drift events made sense because they gave some purpose and a sense of challenge to those drifts (in form of scores), and also shown some nice routes and locations which I might not have discovered by myself.

One problem though - 2015 was online-only, due to this, once Ghost/EA shut down the servers it's goodbye, just like it happened with World, although in its defense that was an MMO racer, not a SP-focused game with MP functionality that's always online. The MP side wasn't even good from what I'm hearing.

Actually it has an offline mode. Don't know if it was in the game at launch, but I used it quite a lot in 2018 when my 6-year-old cousin would come over to play (I didn't know there was no chat or any social features in the game back then). But yeah, the living city feeling that I liked so much about 2015, that would be over.

The actual MP modes weren't so great, you heard right.

Yeah, no doubt, NFS is not known for storytelling. The story has almost always been the same/recycled, but at least the narrative was better, and the characters were far better written, acted, voiced, or presented. Eddie and the Eastsiderz gang, TJ, Jose, Samantha, Rachel (also the comic book-styled cutscenes in this game were great), Mia and the entire blacklist from MW2005, Cross, Darius and the player crew members from Carbon, all of those are vastly more interesting that Ghost's characters, not to mention memorable.

I thought so too until I tried playing MW2005 this year: felt just as cheesy as the new ones. I guess I was just too young to notice when it came out.

Ghost tried really hard to deliver, but they simply weren't great developers to be honest. Criterion showed huge potential with HP2010, but EA forced them to change direction with MW2012, which resulted in a glorified rebranded Burnout game - just search on Youtube for the MW2012 alpha, and see how much more faithful and "featureful" that game was going to be originally, before EA stepped in. It was a solid racing game, but not an NFS one. Since they're back at the wheel though, I wonder what this decade holds for the future of NFS, since the 2010s started very promising, but went kinda downhill after Rivals.

HP2010 and Rivals were the best of the 201x NFSes. And "rebranded Burnout" sounds like a very accurate description of MW2012 :P That's basically why I wasn't a huge fan of it: they gave us Burnout, but I wanted NFS.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, Rathori said:

I can pretty much put my signature under this :P Also, grip physics in UG2 the best in any arcade NFS game. It still feels right. If only they would just bolt some new graphics and a shitload of new cars onto that handling model and release a new NFS like that.

For me, that would be MW2005, Carbon, or Pro Street. The issue with PS though is that its physics model only really worked for that game only, in Undercover it just never felt right as the world wasn't really built around it. 2015 and Payback also suffer from this with their shitty handling and it's even worse there. MW2012 also does, but to a lesser extent.

The only NFS game to use B2D adequately was HP2010 to me, the world in that game was clearly built around it, responsive cars and wide roads. UG2 is actually my least favorite game when it comes to grip physics. I always had the impression that all cars understeer in that game, something I never felt like even in UG1. I don't know why. Dyno tuning in that game was great though, just so much work was put into getting customization and performance right it's ridiculous. I hate how over the recent years people have started to insultingly refer to it as a "rice simulator". Yes, in Black Box's game the rice potential could be enormous, as seen with even some Blacklist cars for instance - Taz and Vic especially... oh my god... - but if you had good taste you'd notice just how good cars could look. We're never getting that much customization anymore anyway, at the time car manufacturers just didn't care for it, but nowadays the likes of Toyota really do, so we can't get away with it anymore... 2015 may be the farthest we're getting for the foreseeable future. BTW you might be interested in this simple Skyline sound mod for that game, I mean who doesn't love that infamous engine sound?

In Carbon I wasn't too fond of how Exotics handled, even the good Muscle cars like the Challenger felt better to me. Exotics, with some exceptions, just felt like super heavy boats when cornering. MW2005 got the closest to my ideal physics but it wasn't perfect either, or it's just the way some cars drove - hate the Pontiac and the wheelspin on the Supra and Corvettes in that game...

On 5/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, Rathori said:

I thought so too until I tried playing MW2005 this year: felt just as cheesy as the new ones. I guess I was just too young to notice when it came out.

Well, it was cheesy yes, but the narrative and presentation was much better.

The tone of these games is just completely different. And you could easily tell these games also actually took themselves serious, which is something I absolutely cannot say for 2015 and Payback and it's what pisses me off the most about them. Heat fared a bit better though since they got the Batman Arkham Knight writer, but it still kinda tried not to take itself serious. Ghost's most serious game was easily Rivals.

My (Current) Touhou background. I've had this one up for a long time now. I should probably change it at some point.

Annotation 2020-05-23 171652.png

Just now, RomDump said:

My (Current) Touhou background. I've had this one up for a long time now. I should probably change it at some point.

Annotation 2020-05-23 171652.png

aaaaaa <3 so cute!!!!! eternity is a good girl.