Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

[FIXED] Steam falsely claims you can't play Strife on macOS 10.15 "Catalina"

I have Strife: Veteran Edition on my library and when I downloaded it on my Mac, it warned me (completely with a 🚫sign) that it won't play on macOS Catalina because it's still at 32-bit! But I downloaded it anyway, I started it and it works just fine!

Is this piece of false information going to be fixed? If it doesn't get fixed, maintainers may think that the macOS download should be removed, which is wrong in this case, as it works just fine.

Edited by printz

Maybe contact Valve and let them know? Though I'm presuming you've already done that.

25 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Maybe contact Valve and let them know? Though I'm presuming you've already done that.

Is that on Valve? Or on the SVE developers to provide the exact info to Steam/Valve?

2 minutes ago, printz said:

Is that on Valve? Or on the SVE developers to provide the exact info to Steam/Valve?

Well, while the game hasn't been updated, it still works, and Valve is the one who claimed it wouldn't, so...

Steam (and even the publisher) also falsely claim that Doom (2016) does not run on Windows Vista. :D

10 minutes ago, dr_st said:

Steam (and even the publisher) also falsely claim that Doom (2016) does not run on Windows Vista. :D

Basically "not officially supported", which translated to "if you get it working, fine, but if you run into issues, you're on your own."