Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Are there any more wads in the style of the notorious Void (with the exception of the recent Void and Rainbow)?

Does anyone here have a copy of Cutmanmike's old "Sause" Monster resource wad with 1337man, mdkmarine, iddqdmarine and Tonberry?

Does anyone know which wad it is? I'm pretty sure about the second map, which is filled with imps and pinkies in a space base, and Megaman Zero's Aegis Volcano music blares in MIDI. Forgot it's name though. 

Trying to find a wad,can't remember the name.I remember the first level started with a valley,which you had to find a way around and then you would head into a castle/mansion,there was a library room,I remember the inside was very detailed.

3 hours ago, Mad Butcher said:

Thanks, now does anyone have a copy of Monkey_123's monster resource wad? featuring Jotaro Revenant, Batman head and Railgun sombrero? (Anyone has the permission to use Sause.wad's monsters or Monkey_123's monsters as long as they give credit.)

Edited by Anonymous777

On 5/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, BladeWolf said:

Does anyone know which wad it is? I'm pretty sure about the second map, which is filled with imps and pinkies in a space base, and Megaman Zero's Aegis Volcano music blares in MIDI. Forgot it's name though. 

Not Valiant?

I've been searching for months for a small mod I first played around 2012. If I remember correctly a daisy replaces the pistol, and when zombies are shot they reply with "far out" and "thanks, man". I know it's silly, but it was very amusing at the time and I sort of want to relive that amusement.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, kakroucz said:

Trying to find a wad,can't remember the name.I remember the first level started with a valley,which you had to find a way around and then you would head into a castle/mansion,there was a library room,I remember the inside was very detailed.

That sounds sort of like Hell Ground by Deadall.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/hg

Edited by Lippeth : added link to help with someone's wad search

15 hours ago, Lippeth said:

I've been searching for months for a small mod I first played around 2012. If I remember correctly a daisy replaces the pistol, and when zombies are shot they reply with "far out" and "thanks, man". I know it's silly, but it was very amusing at the time and I sort of want to relive that amusement.

That sounds sort of like Hell Ground by Deadall.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/hg

That's the one,thank you.

I'm trying to remember the wad that a certain level came from. I don't know the year of release, nor much else honestly. All I remember is that this map had sections of square raised platforms with damaging floors running along below, and you had to run across them through hallways that ended in 90 degree angles while fighting enemies throughout. It was sort of dark and I remember the damaging floor being orange or red. This is really irritating me because I played it and I want to see the map again. 

I think it may have had some of the same sludge in the walls as decoration, but I'm unsure about that. 

Please help me with this:

PROBABLY OFFICIAL MAP

STARTS IN LIBRARY

It's bugging me! It was a decent map but especially that how come I cannot find it.

Okay so there was this wad i played a long while ago, It began when you enter the exit portal in E1M8, but instead of dying to the monsters on the other side, you survive the ambush, and then the box lowers and you up in hell, i remember the backround being animated, With gargoyles in the sky texture flying around. I cant for the life of me remember what it was called.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:18 PM, <<Rewind said:

Please help me with this:

PROBABLY OFFICIAL MAP

STARTS IN LIBRARY

It's bugging me! It was a decent map but especially that how come I cannot find it.

Doom 2 map 27?

On 6/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, Get Phobo said:

Doom 2 map 27?

No, that's not it. I would guess it's somewhere among Freedoom maps but I haven't found it there last I checked.

I played a wad a while ago where there were three levels and each one was all of the maps of one episode of Doom cleverly stitched together into one. There were some areas in the levels that were original creations that linked different maps where they didn't quite fit but the author put most of them together like puzzle pieces with very little alteration or addition. It was really well done but I haven't been able to find it since my old computer died. 

There are a huge number of wads that link multiple maps together, so I should specify that it is not a version of Doom:One. Some other details that might make it stand out to someone:

None of the levels are set out so that the player moves through the original maps in their original sequence.

All of the combo maps are set up with only three keys. 

All of the parts of these combo maps are internally identical in layout to the originals except for where the maps are touching each other or Original content. (same textures, items (except keys), same enemies etc.) 

In the level containing all of the maps of the Shores of Hell the level rings around a central chamber (which is original content) I think it turns out to be the tower of babel when you get the elevator working.

In the level containing all of the maps of Inferno, when you come off the lift at the very beginning of Hell Keep (E3 M1) you can see into Mt. Erebus (E3 M6) through an iron fence that replaces one of the southern walls of the courtyard the lift brings you up to and you can exchange fire with the enemies there. 

Can anyone help me acquire Dark New Babylon that was featured in the second Vinesauce Doom Mapping Contest? I know they provided a zip download link for every single WAD that was featured, but it's evidently not named that way in its WAD form (WinRAR find function turned up with nothing) and I REALLY don't want to have to comb through all 300+ files to find it. I haven't had any luck finding it elsewhere. I'd be really grateful if anyone could provide a copy for me.

is there a "Street fighter 2 Turbo" Mod of doom

where the enemies and ai are really fast and tough and fire twice or thrice as fast

but you're also faster, run twice as fast and shoot twice as fast?

3 hours ago, Boomslang said:

is there a "Street fighter 2 Turbo" Mod of doom

where the enemies and ai are really fast and tough and fire twice or thrice as fast

but you're also faster, run twice as fast and shoot twice as fast?

Play with the "-fast" and "-turbo 200" command line options. That will make the monsters and your movement a lot faster. It won't make your shooting faster, though. You'll need a Dehacked patch for that.

Alternatively, some ports support setting the ticrate higher or lower, so you can speed up the whole game (but really everything, including all animations).

1 hour ago, Get Phobo said:

Play with the "-fast" and "-turbo 200" command line options. That will make the monsters and your movement a lot faster. It won't make your shooting faster, though. You'll need a Dehacked patch for that.

Alternatively, some ports support setting the ticrate higher or lower, so you can speed up the whole game (but really everything, including all animations).

how do i do that?

31 minutes ago, Boomslang said:

how do i do that?

I don't know. Which part of my answer are you referring to?

I know this is an ancient mod, but this still seems cool and I'd like to try playing it.

bros I need your help

a few years ago when I used to play doom on ye olde doomsday engine I remember I used to regularly test monster wads on a specific map pack but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

basically. it was the same map over and over again but each map had nothing but a single enemy type in it. masses of the same enemy in a single room and once you killed them all you moved onto the next map, the next enemy type being in that map, so on and so forth.

anyone remember anything like this? even if its not exactly what I'm talking about, anything similar around?

On 11/7/2019 at 2:35 AM, lwks said:

So there's this WAD that I've never played but I remember seeing a short gameplay of it on YT some time ago. Details that I remember:

1. Custom sky texture, it was kindda orange so it was probably Dusk.

2. The level was mostly outdoors inside a village (at least mostly from what I can remember) and the mapper had used lots of sectors to make buildings with a Gothic aesthetic more or less, possibly some of these building had indoors too. If memory serves the level had dark textures too, not talking about light level tho, I think the first level of Hell Grounds and Sunlust can give a nice feeling of the map aesthetic.

3. If I'm not mistaken there was a secret with a BFG on a higher platform somewhere in the middle of the village taunting the player to get it.

4. Vanilla monsters and weapons as far as I remember, I can say the level wasn't brutal like later level of Sunlust or New Gothic, it played like a regular map, a few Demons and some Revenants here and there I think.

5. I remember that near the middle/ending of the level (didn't see the whole thing so I'm not sure how far that was) the player would leave the village and enter a cave and he would descend and find an entrance to a dungeon. From the entrance it would be possible to see a huge room, the floor was lava and the dungeon was big, both in height and in lenght. (Now I'm not sure but I think there were some flying monsters there, can't remember if Cacos of Heretic's Gargoyles, but I remember some fireballs flying in this section).

6. Lastly, somewhere around here (most likely before entering the dugeon) I remember a ledge with some Revenants (I think) (Perhaps this ledge was the dungeon entrance, I think it was possible for the player to have a frontal view from above of the dungeon entrance before reaching it by walking to a path to the right)

(Hmm do you walk TO a path or do you walk BY a path?)

I stoped watching the video right here so this is all I can remember.

It might be weird me responding to myself, but I just wanted to say that I found the wad. It was The City of the Damned by Tormentor667, it's good too without retarded traps

looking for the koichi wad where everything is a terrible jojo reference with crazy noisy bizarre town you can see it in joel's "shitty doom wads" video

There is a megawad I played probably more than 8+ years ago. There was one particular level on it, it might have been one of the secret maps. It was one of those maps that had all 6 keys (or maybe more?), and two exits from the level, one which required all keys and one which only required a few. The map was generally city themed. The map was divided up into very large chunk set pieces, each having one key, and one secret key in it somewhere. It was a very large map. I also remember one of the secret keys was up a like 1 pixel wide hidden staircase against a wall in one of the regions.

I was never able to beat it (playing coop with someone) because I believe zDoom of that time had some sort of bug with what was a sewer area. I think you were supposed to get that "in water" effect that some wads do, but it didn't work, so you couldn't get into a sewer area to get the key there.

It's likely from a relatively well known wad from 8+ years ago.

Does anyone know the megawad/map that I'm talking about?

On 6/24/2020 at 10:24 AM, N0B0DY888 said:

basically. it was the same map over and over again but each map had nothing but a single enemy type in it. masses of the same enemy in a single room and once you killed them all you moved onto the next map, the next enemy type being in that map, so on and so forth.

Not the same map over and over, but - one monster?

There is an awesome, masterfully made wad in which you constantly get teleported from one cramped room fight to another. Does anyone remember it? It has space station theme, at least at the beginning.