Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happy_mac

Check out my new wad

Hello guys, I made a New wad. It doesnt have a name (for now). I just want some recommendation on how can I improve or add any new ideas. Im thinking of making this a 6 map wad.

Edit:Since there were some complaints about the link for download not working, here is a link.

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231747.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231800.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231826.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231832.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231859.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_231923.png

Project1.rar

Edited by happy_mac

Some more details: Im making a wad inspired by "The X files" ( I have been watching it lately) and Half-Life. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Edit: You will need GZDoom to play.

Edited by happy_mac

Looks pretty cool i'd love to see where it goes in terms of development.

The attachment doesn't work for me. Looking just at the screenshots, though, my first thought is that they look a bit busy (too many things in a small space) but that isn't necessarily a terrible thing as long as you include some open spaces elsewhere, and I do like all the little laboratory details. The second screenshot in particular though looks a bit too obviously copy-and-paste with those lights.
My second thought is that these look a bit flat height-wise (in terms of the average height of each room) - you don't need height variation in every single room to make it interesting, but after a while the gameplay can become a bit repetitive. Stairs, platforms, and bridges can all spice up the gameplay considerably, as well as just making the map more enjoyable to walk around.

There's a few textures that get visually 'cut off' in an unnatural place - the white light textures in particular. This isn't a deal breaker though, at least not to me. When there's enough visual interest elsewhere, 'correct' texture usage isn't quite so vital.

7 minutes ago, stewboy said:

The attachment doesn't work for me. Looking just at the screenshots, though, my first thought is that they look a bit busy (too many things in a small space) but that isn't necessarily a terrible thing as long as you include some open spaces elsewhere, and I do like all the little laboratory details. The second screenshot in particular though looks a bit too obviously copy-and-paste with those lights.
My second thought is that these look a bit flat height-wise (in terms of the average height of each room) - you don't need height variation in every single room to make it interesting, but after a while the gameplay can become a bit repetitive. Stairs, platforms, and bridges can all spice up the gameplay considerably, as well as just making the map more enjoyable to walk around.

There's a few textures that get visually 'cut off' in an unnatural place - the white light textures in particular. This isn't a deal breaker though, at least not to me. When there's enough visual interest elsewhere, 'correct' texture usage isn't quite so vital.

Thanks for the advices. I will work around open areas. Also here is a link.

I beat the level, 100% my opinion on the level  is this:

It is a great start to a mod! really love the industrial/scifi blend you have here, honestly wouldn't mind blasting through a whole mod based off of this, the Lighting is great, the monsters are okay but i feel like the map could have been a lot harder if you wanted to, (UV was super easy) Other then that i do have at least 1 small thing: The level was very short, i provided a snap of the finish screen to show how short the map really was, at the bare minimum a 5 minute map would be better IMO

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_174546.png

8 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

I beat the level, 100% my opinion on the level  is this:

It is a great start to a mod! really love the industrial/scifi blend you have here, honestly wouldn't mind blasting through a whole mod based off of this, the Lighting is great, the monsters are okay but i feel like the map could have been a lot harder if you wanted to, (UV was super easy) Other then that i do have at least 1 small thing: The level was very short, i provided a snap of the finish screen to show how short the map really was, at the bare minimum a 5 minute map would be better IMO

Screenshot_Doom_20200527_174546.png

Well I had an idea about making it longer. And Im gonna add some more monsters (like security guards and aliens). And Im gonna expand the First map. Thanks for the feedback.

2 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

It's criminally short, but certainly interesting. I'd like to see more :^)

Its a demo I made in a week. Im thinking of making the level bigger.