Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFlibble

Rocketman by thenosid & ndroidz'

So I was browsing the Share Your Sprites thread (I love a lot of the art the community makes) and stumbled upon this cool monster:

I was wondering if Freed∞m could maybe use it, provided the authors give the proper permission and licensing? Granted it's rather similar in appearance to Doom's Chaingun Guy but then again not a direct carbon copy of it.

16 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

If he had a punch or maybe if he whipped his gun you'd have all the necessary frames for a revenant

I thought that too but I'm still hoping that you'll finish the Octaminator one day :)

22 hours ago, P41R47 said:

looks good to me. Have you already asked the author?

Not yet, I did not want to act on my own without knowing the Freed∞m team's stance on this proposal (also there might be a concern that the design is rather similar to the original Chaingun Guy).

2 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Not yet, I did not want to act on my own without knowing the Freed∞m team's stance on this proposal (also there might be a concern that the design is rather similar to the original Chaingun Guy).

It would be great if the author approves, then we can add some cybernetic edits so it looks more in line with Fredoom and not that similar to original chaingunner.

18 hours ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

If he had a punch or maybe if he whipped his gun you'd have all the necessary frames for a revenant

Yeah it could be a revenant replacement, too. But i think something more monsterish or alien would fit better.

6 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

I thought that too but I'm still hoping that you'll finish the Octaminator one day :)

It will be done!

6 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

(also there might be a concern that the design is rather similar to the original Chaingun Guy).

I think it looks just different enough that we could just swap the head(maybe give it a cool helmet?) and it would be more distinct from the Doom chaingunner. Personally, I would color the armor to green too, as the blue looks too saturated when abiding by the palette, and making it red would, again, look too similar to the ol' heavy weapons dude.

Yeah! Green or blue, with stains of blood on the clothes would be interesting, with half the head, like a zombie resurrected or terminator like face, like a cyberzombie. That way it will be totally different from the original. Oh i want to see it in game now :D

@thenosid hasn't been on DOOMworld in a few months, no I'm not sure if you could still contact him.