Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_sink

Colander 1.5 (Slaughtertools) - Eternity Engine gameplay mod

Would love to see a proper mapset with this mod implemented!
Just to have another motive to download and play Eternity Engine :)

yo, so colare has had a very very very minor revision regarding a few palette related issues. you can get it here. enjoy.

Not everyday that you see a mod for Eternity Engine. Liking what I see so far!

Mod for Eternity Engine that supports both Doom and Doom II... what could be better? I have played with it some Ultimate Doom levels and liked very much.

How do I use mods for Eternity Engine? I tried various methods such as extracting files and folders into same folder as Eternity.exe, putting it in its own folder \base\colare, starting with Eternity.exe -game colare, or Eternity.exe -edf colare, but nothing works. I checked the Eternity wiki and couldn't find anything either.

Someone please help.

Never mind, I just kept the files zipped, and used them like PWADs in Doom Explorer.

I combined Colander with Cubic Worlds (WIP) and it's a good challenge.

Always like to see some fresh assets.
I enjoy try some unique mods outside of Zandronum/GZDoom.

Admittedly, bit hard going back to software mode after playing on OpenGL/Vulkan. Maybe I'll connect my PC to a CRT for that retro feel. ;-)

Edited by marco.nadal.75 : Problem solved

37 minutes ago, marco.nadal.75 said:

Never mind, I just kept the files zipped, and used them like PWADs in Doom Explorer.

Alternatively, you can also save the zipped files inside a .pke file, which is similar to .pk3 files but specifically designed for EE.

very very small update. I was just playing and didnt like the shotgun sound anymore. so I changed it. I may have changed other stuff but its been like, a year, man. idr

small update. i was playing and noticed that the shotgunners and chaingunners beep a lot, so I made them beep less. I found the ssg horrendously slow, so raised its firing speed by a few frames, made its animation a little more snappy.

Great mod, I've been enjoying it a lot.

The regular shotgun and plasma rifle feels so good to heard, look and use. The rifle is fun to use with the alternate fire but looks odd tho.

Edited by MauryMyers

57 minutes ago, MauryMyers said:

Great mod, I've been enjoying it a lot.

The regular shotgun and plasma rifle feels so good to heard, look and use. The rifle is fun to use with alternate fire but looks odd tho.

thank you so much!! the rifle I think is my fave weapon even if it looks a little odd w/ the altfire. just a little jank, as a treat

On 6/6/2022 at 4:23 AM, MauryMyers said:

Is part of the jank that the pinkys jump from the structures?

It's a feature! iirc I also cursed the spectres in a really specific but probably unnoticeable way. Ideally when Aeon happens I'll be able to roll a few checks to make sure they dont get themselves stuck like they do now sometimes.