Time at DW vs time playing

Do you....  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you....

• Spend more time at Doomworld than playing Doom
    • Spend as much time at Doomworld as playing Doom
    • Spend less time at Doomworld than playing Doom
    • Never play Doom

Silly polls seem to be in fashion, so here's one. A lot of people seem to spend an awful lot of time at Doomworld, and I'm wondering whether they really have much time left to play Doom.

I'd love to spend more time playing Doom or trolling Doomworld, but I have/need a job, so my life is already over. LIVE FOOLS, LIIIVE WHILE YOU CAN.

Use3D said:

I'd love to spend more time playing Doom or trolling Doomworld, but I have/need a job, so my life is already over. LIVE FOOLS, LIIIVE WHILE YOU CAN.

Live as in spending more time at doomworld?

Iprobably spend more time here only because I always have a window open to the forums when Im online, however Im usually doing something else. Also, my wrists just cant handle that much gaming.

I spend more time here than playing Doom, but I play Hexen more than Doom. So, in terms of time spent:

Hexen (mostly map testing) > Doomworld forums > Heretic > Doom and Doom 2 > other games

Heh I'd like to know how much hours/week I'm on DW, at least 2 hours a day. When I'm not at school I'm usually here even if I don't post much. I still have time to play doom, about an hour or two a week.

Heh, I spend a little time playing Doom and Doom2 nowadays, though I must say Heretic and Hexen have been eating into my gaming time.
I spend maybe an hour to three hours or so on these here forums, but only when I really feel like it.

I picked "spend as much time yadda yadda," mostly because I'm almost always on the forums not doing anything, and I'm almost always looking at something in DeePsea. I'd probably pick "play doom more often" if I didn't have long periods of uncreativeness and unmotivation toward level making.

I only play doom when something great in the community happens. The last three times doom was loaded were for RTC-3057, P:AR, and AV.

I spend more time visiting Doomworld more than I do playing the game... but I spend even more time making add-ons :)

I spend less time making addons than playing doom, and I spend much less time playing doom than visiting doomworld and #zdoom

Where's the, "I have a Life, I spend most of my time Doing Constructive things away from my computer" Choice?

Not that I'd chose it...

[edit] "I don't play doom" oh.. guess it'd fall under that category... dur

CyRaptor said:

As of late:
Doomworld > Editing > Playing

Me too. I really should devote more time to editing.

At the moment I'm catching up on all those megawads I've not played (MM, MM2, TVR, Requiem, HR, AV) so I'm busy playing those (about halfway through Requiem) and not spending enough time on my next project. Oh, and I visit DW fairly often.

Not totally sure, hard to measure, I come and go here checking out updated threads that might interest me, and my posting is irregular. Playing is more concentrated, I'm usually trying to record a demo and it takes time to warm up and stuff. Time overall may be about equal, maybe a play a bit more... I definitely spend more time playing if we want to include watching demos under "playing." I haven't been editing much lately though, just a bit.

hard to meaure. But I think playing/editing/doomworld visiting are all pretty equal when it comes to time invested.

Once upon a time, I would have picked #4, but since I finally leaned how to map, I actualy spend a few hours a week in Doom.