Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

icy flats

First of all, is there someplace I can find some icy and snowy flats?

Secondly, how can I make a sector in my wad icy?

Epyo said:

First of all, is there someplace I can find some icy and snowy flats?

Secondly, how can I make a sector in my wad icy?

I already made geocities.com/dragon_69283/temp_dl.html]this before, but it's for heretic, so if you want them, jsut extract them from the wad and go color-changing happy. :)

Sorry, dunno about 'icing' a sector.

heheh, nevermind about the flats, I made my own icy flat (I'm so smart.) Thanks anyway Ravage.

Still need to know how to make ZDooM icy sectors..

Epyo said:

heheh, nevermind about the flats, I made my own icy flat (I'm so smart.) Thanks anyway Ravage.

/me looks for the same ;)

The effect is used in Dark7 (map02), which you can find using doomsearch. Perhaps running this wad though an editor could help you answer your question. Sorry I can't be of more help; don't know much about ZDoom-editing.
:'-(

Epyo said:

Turn on the Sector ICY flag. You didn't say which format (since DOOM format is a bit different from HEXEN format), so if you look at DeePsea or DETH (DOOM format only) or ZETH (HEXEN format only) you can see the flag for the sector. Other editor don't have these flags directly accessible, but instead hack a few "specials" in that include the flag - however this has to be done for each and every sector type to get them all. Then you have the secret, wind and damage flags also so it's pretty much impossible to cover them all with that kind of hack. However, you can add just the ones you want for just that special by using one of those editors to see the value required.