Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

Cacosweeper Doom Megawad: The Release

24 years. It's been 24 years since Cybersweeper. So last week, I gave myself one task. To revive Minesweeper on Doom. And today, is the day. Minesweeper is back on Doom (Although GZDoom) better than ever with this new Megawad I made in a week. It features 15 Minesweeper maps, including three bosses reimagined to be more Minesweeper. Your mine, er, mind will be blown away. I did release this for the 32x too, but this version also features some custom music and cooler textures.

Like Samuel Hayden said.... "Sweep and demine, until it is done.". The WAD also features a single secret level accessible from Map03 (And it isnt a Minesweeper level! Yay!). Now for the most important part in any WAD, the story:

"After the events of Doom 2, Doomguy falls in a pit and is forced to play Minesweeper". Yeah. Not terrible.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0n39xipg57xsglk/Cacosweeper_Doom.zip/file

Also, if you want to try out the 32X version, here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/10t7fdxokpxyxs5/Cacosweeper_Doom.zip/file

This WAD can be played with GZDoom and its derivatives (Basically it requires MAPINFO and DECORATE).

Have fun avoiding those mines!

Screenshot_Doom_20200531_114251.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200606_103631.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200606_103653.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200606_103844.png

TITLEPIC.png

Edited by Roebloz

Whoops I think I found a small bug on MAP13 that makes one of the mines not able to be lowered. Not important but I'll fix it later.

The idea is pretty funny, but your Caco traps still leave a lot of room for maneuver through the swarm.

I think Cybersweeper does it better - an alternative is you make a turret styled enemy that shoot any kind of projectiles (recommended rockets and/or revenants') at you. This will prevent players from cheesing through the wad by basically spamming switches.

48 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

The idea is pretty funny, but your Caco traps still leave a lot of room for maneuver through the swarm.

I think Cybersweeper does it better - an alternative is you make a turret styled enemy that shoot any kind of projectiles (recommended rockets and/or revenants') at you. This will prevent players from cheesing through the wad by basically spamming switches.

Hmm true. Do remember this was made for the 32x then ported to the PC, and the 32x version does NOT have a Cyberdemon, so I played with what was available.

27 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Hmm true. Do remember this was made for the 32x then ported to the PC, and the 32x version does NOT have a Cyberdemon, so I played with what was available.

I know - FPSs on console are generally harder to control than on PC - but my point still stands; this is a GZDoom mod, not a ROM hack.

Just now, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I know - FPSs on console are generally harder to control than on PC - but my point still stands; this is a GZDoom mod, not a ROM hack.

True. Like my friend suggested, I could perhaps do a second version which would be called "Sudden Death" (Basically the player would be killed automatically if he steps on a mine)

Updated the WAD with a quick fix for the not-working pillar in MAP13 (It was associated with the door, it should have gotten rid of the random door sounds too)