Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

007 License to Spell Doom

I posted a review for the aforementioned wadon Doom Wad Station - http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/main
yesterday. It is a complete replacement for the 4th episode of Ultimate Doom. It is a Zdoom mod that utilizes the newest version of zdoom for some very cool fx. :-)
There are also some very cool new textures and a few other surprises as well...
Enjoy!

Just for my information, is the OVERALL SCORE the average of the other scores, or is it your final opinion on the wad?

I actually need some help with this wad.
In the level where your in a foggy area with these warehouses (Blue Warehouse, Red Warehouse, etc. I think it's the third map)...
Where am I supposed to use the red key? I've done all I can to both generators (as far as I know), yet the green key is still blocked off by that blue laser field. The "security team" (barons) have already shown up. Was I supposed to get this all done before they arrived? How the hell do I get that freakin' green key?

If I remember right, you'll have a few seconds of darkness where the lasers are down once you grab the power cells. Grab it and run back to get the key. I'm not sure if you can get it if you don't make it in time, but save your game before trying, just in case.

That's correct. When you pull the power cell, everything goes down for 20 seconds (lights, doors, lifts and lasers) which gives you plenty of time to rush up the ladders and grab the key.

Epyo said:

ZDooM wads seem to be the fad in the reviews right now.

And would you rather they be something crappy like JDoom or legacy? *and no im not looking to get flamed for that, lol...*

Zdoom is, simply, the best port out there. No two ways around it.
I love the look of Jdoom but Zdoom has it all over the other ports hands down.

Broke zdoom? Did you unzip all three files, the zdoom.exe, zdoom.wad and fmod.dll? Get 37.cab from zdoom.notgod.com/lars, it unzips with Winzip.

'Direct' hints at something to do with DirectX. What version of it do you have? If it's anything less than 8.1, I strongly recommend upgrading.

Yeah, and if that doesn't fix it, I'll place the next bet that it's a sound or music issue. Starting zdoom with -nomusic or -nosound should then let it work and indicate your problem. I'm not sure which argument is best to use.....

Heh, it seems like this guy only played the first two levels, judging by the reviews and screenies :P

Its true. I haven't completed all the levels yet. I have tons of requests for reviews all the time, not to mention people asking me to simply look at their work and give them feedback. So, I spend as much time as I can and need to in order to get a good feel for what the author is doing and paste my review based on what I've seen. If a wad sucks after 2 levels then its probably going to suck the rest of the way too and I don't want to waste my time. In this case the wad is very good and I encourage people to download it - as I say in my review.
Speaking of reviews - I reviewed a new Zdoom/Doom2 wad today called Captain Mancubus. It was DEFINITELY interesting as my review will reveal. It can be found here: http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/captain.html
This wad demonstrates quite well why Zdoom is THE port to have.

I thought that might be the case about the first 2 maps, which are probably the weakest two in the episode IMO - you'll love the rest of it. And you've yet to meet the new monster...

I'll have to make sure I spend some time in there this week then.
So busy with my site, its unbelievable. Aside from that new review I also checked out two other wads for people today and posted a Quake level that I played called Vigil. That sucker kicked ass.
All that and I'm working on my new map called Bloodworks. If you're interested you can see some of the pics on my site at this addy: http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent/bloodworks.html
its really coming along quite nicely. Lots of 3d effects.
I hope it plays as good as it looks when I'm finished. :-)