Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GCRaistlin

GZDoom: save settings for cooperative mode

Not possible. What settings would be good for one WAD can make another entirely unplayable.

However, those *ARE* saved into savegames, so savegames will keep whatever settings you had without you needing to manually re-set the options every time.

Oh, for what it's worth: I think you *CAN* specify the DMFlags and DMFlags2 to use if you launch via a batchfile or something.

1. Go into the Gameplay Options menu, set your options however you'd want them, and note the numbers for DMFlags and DMFlags2.
  2. In your batchfile, besides the proper options to launch the game (IWAD/PWADs/etc.) add in the argument +set dmflags[2] XXXX where XXXX, of course, matches the numbers you want.
  3. Game should then launch with the flags already set accordingly.

Alternatively, you can do it from the console as well - just type dmflags[2] XXXX.

That's about as close as you'll get to having it "keep" the settings though, and that's not really keeping the settings so much as telling it what to set.

When changing the values you want in GZDoom if you navigate to the Gameplay Options section, the dmflags will be displayed at the top.

Changing Loose entire inventory makes dmflags 16777216.

I do this in Doom Launcher to host a LAN game with GZDoom. I make a new host profile for what I want to play that looks like this:
gzdoom.png.9c36476766e9fc1277fd7ce4f17d066e.png

Adding +dmflags 16777216 in extra params. There is also a section for parameters in the Source Port itself where you can add the +dmflags parameter and it will automatically be applied to anything you launch with GZDoom, if that's what you wanted to do.

gzdoom2.png.f16664e16abc296c027bac66c693d184.png

On 6/14/2020 at 3:25 AM, Dark Pulse said:

add in the argument +set dmflags[2] XXXX

Works like a charm, thanks. Is there a way to set teamdamage to 1 by default?

3 minutes ago, GCRaistlin said:

What I do when I need the various flags is use Doomseeker to create a server / generate the flags. You can then copy those flags to ZDL/Doom Launcher/batch file.

2 hours ago, GCRaistlin said:

Try throwing a +set teamdamage 1 in the args? Don't really do multiplayer so not 100% sure myself.