Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Someone277

What are some good MegaWADS

I've played most official wads like Sigil, Final Doom, Doom 1 and 2. 

What are some other Wads you recommend? 

I've mainly been exploring single map or smaller map-set WADs right now, so I haven't had too much experience with many megaWADs. However, right now I've been thoroughly enjoying UAC Ultra. It's an older WAD from 2010 and on the smaller side with just 11 levels, but it did receive an upgrade in 2014. It's really fun and well balanced with cool aesthetics. I think it'd work for you since it doesn't deviate a great deal from the OG Doom level design philosophy and it's a blast to play.  

Edited by Biodegradable

I recommend to try Eviternity

A fantastic 32-level megawad that has great level design, awesome visuals (thank to OTEX textures) and a challenging, but fair difficulty curve (later levels are harder than Plutonia, but still easier than most other wads).

Jenesis, Scythe 1 (then 2), Struggle, BTSX, Evilternity, Deathless, Mano Laikas, Akeldama, Plutonia II, Valiant, Ancient Aliens, etc.

Edited by Deadwing

Alien Vendetta, Perdition's Gate, Speed of Doom in addition to the ones already mentioned.

I'd say Alien Vendetta and Scythe 2 are basically required playing.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:09 PM, Deadwing said:

Jenesis, Scythe 1 (then 2), Struggle, BTSX, Evilternity, Deathless, Mano Laikas, Akeldama, Plutonia II, Valiant, Ancient Aliens, etc.

^ These. Especially Eviternity and BTSX.

Edit: I didn't realise I already put my suggestion in this thread.

Edited by ReaperAA

My guilty pleasure: H2H X-mas. It's from the 90s and it's honestly kinda shitty, but it's very charming and I give it a playthrough every other winter.

Guys, I'm doing a video project for "Top 30 (or 20) Doom II Megawad Masterpieces You Must Play". Each wad segment will feature 10 lively 3-second segments of classic Doom gameplay. The graphics will be consistent and pretty.

I'm going to showcase megawads that I personally am very fond of but if you think I may overlook something that I should take into consideration then please quote this post in reply.

The certain spots in the compilation so far are:

Ancient Aliens
Back To Saturn X Episode 1

Back To Saturn X Episode 2

Dark Universe

Eviternity

Hell Ground

Paradise

Refracted Reality

Sigil

Sunder

Sunlust

Valiant

I'm slowly testing more stuff, including what I have listed in this thread.

I recommend Nihility: Infinite Teeth.

You can find it in this thread: 

It replaces episode 2 of the original doom. The mood of this wad is simply phenomenal, it's more creepy and disturbing than the vanilla game, adds more challenging enemies, removes the music altogether and replace it with ambient sounds that add to the atmosphere and includes weapons and textures from the alpha build of doom for another change. If you play UV, the difficulty curve gradually accentuates with each level and some maps are really hard. Not slaughtermap hard, but significantly harder than the vanilla game. Its not a megawad, but IMO worth checking out.

Edited by slayermbm

Eviternity, Going Down, Sunlust, Speed of Doom, Scythe 1 & 2 and although I'm not done with Valiant yet, I do recommend it from what I've seen thus far.

Eviternity, Combat Shock duology, Deus Vult II, Whispers of Satan, Winter's Fury, Scythe 1 & 2, Valiant, Ancient Aliens, Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Eternal Doom, Sunlust, Golden Souls 2, DBP21, 23, 24, Hanging Gardens, Avactor, BTSX 1 & 2, Sapphire, Coffee Break, dead.air, dead.wire, Deathless, Disparate Realities, Stardate 20x6, Epic 2, Flotsam, Moonblood, Exomoon, Lunatic, Hurt, Hymn, Lunar Catastrophe, Legacy of Heroes, Nova III, Pirate Doom, Resurgence, Speed of Doom, UAC Ultra, Struggle, Vanguard, ZDCMP2, KDIZD, Summer of '69.

Here are the community's top picks, compiled over a few years. Many have been mentioned already, but here's the full list: