Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Download

Hey all, this is my first wad. Feel free to give criticism and tips in the comments.
Don't play on Ultra Violence or Nightmare unless you're a masochist.

Hell has cracked into the UAC labs, and it's up to you to stop it. 

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193138.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193228.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193247.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193411.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193619.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193626.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200610_193655.png

It's definitely an experimental map, but you have the basics working :) If you haven't already, try taking a look through the default Doom episodes to have a look at what makes maps work - things like using different brightnesses, varying open and tight spaces, and so on.

It's also helpful to specify some things about your WAD when you post it - which Doom IWAD it should be run with, whether jumps and crouching are allowed (I assume they are because I couldn't find any other way past!) and so on.

I think my single biggest piece of advice would be to avoid the hidden teleporter lines that appear throughout the map and give the player some way of recognizing that they should go to a particular place - the Doom IWADs mark teleports by using the red squares of the GATE flats, for example.

8 hours ago, DavidN said:

It's definitely an experimental map, but you have the basics working :) If you haven't already, try taking a look through the default Doom episodes to have a look at what makes maps work - things like using different brightnesses, varying open and tight spaces, and so on.

It's also helpful to specify some things about your WAD when you post it - which Doom IWAD it should be run with, whether jumps and crouching are allowed (I assume they are because I couldn't find any other way past!) and so on.

I think my single biggest piece of advice would be to avoid the hidden teleporter lines that appear throughout the map and give the player some way of recognizing that they should go to a particular place - the Doom IWADs mark teleports by using the red squares of the GATE flats, for example.

Hey, sorry. Forgot to specify that jumps should be enabled. Thank you for playing.

Heh! That was a blast from 1990! I gorged on these kinds of WADs back in the day :-)

A couple of comments:

On 6/11/2020 at 4:29 AM, DavidN said:

avoid the hidden teleporter

This, and a couple of places where there was no way I could see out of a pit. 

But yes, keep going dude.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:46 AM, PeterMoro said:

Hey Doomtime.

Chubzdoomer made a number of really good Doom Builder tutorials back in the day. They cover all the basics, how to make switches and lifts and doors etc. Take a look and good luck:

Edited by DOOMTIME

Very rough around the edges with some odd choices regarding your enemy placement and level progression is a bit annoying, plus your texturing is really wonky. However, It was fun! Good luck with future mapping endeavours, fam. Practice makes perfect :^)

My playthrough:

HMP | GZDoom + Hellrider

Spoiler

Hello everyone, long time no see, I'm assuming that you've all forgotten about me, I wouldn't blame you. It's been 2 years after all, I wouldn't, hell, couldn't remember some random immature idiot I met on the internet after that long. I've only returned to say sorry, I'm not sure how many people will see this, but I hope everyone sees it. I admit to being well, an immature idiot, I was young, but that doesn't excuse some of the things I did, I hope to improve, and maybe this time I'll do better. Also, to any mods who see this, I would have posted this to the original account but I've since lost the email. I'd prefer if you didn't ban me.