Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I forgot to bump the Newman's coffee (this stuff is good) into this month's Amazon Subscribe & Save order, and I am somewhat pissed off with myself over that. I'll either have to wait a month or pay an extra five dollars to get it now.

I now have a permission to have genital surgery and to change my legal gender. I'll do the legal stuff sometime in the summer, when I've figured out what happens to my phone and bank accounts. Also need a cheaper phone account.

Very likely that I have alexithymia, scored 60 points from tas-20. Scores 52 to 60 = possible alexithymia, 61 or higher = alexithymia, score range is 20 to 100. Would have probably scored higher if I knew what I was feeling, except then I would know what I was feeling and would have scored less. I guess it's a kind of catch-22.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, Taw Tu'lki said:

I'm gonna lose my interest to videogames

Eh, in my case It seems like I lost interest in movies. I didn't see a movie for at least a year.

I usually remember a lot of bad things that I did in my past, even if it only happened 1 year ago, and it only makes me think about how I was and I'm still so stupid, but at least I know I've improved a bit

For a short period of time, a few years ago, I held a top 5 world record time for the 1989 Batmobile 1-lap track Cobblepot Causeway in Arkham Knight. My record was short lived, and I believe I'm hanging around somewhere right around the 60s on the leaderboard today. But I vividly remember replaying that track over and over for what seems like days to try and perfect my driftings and button pressings in order to shave down as much time as I could.

2 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

For a short period of time, a few years ago, I held a top 5 world record time for the 1989 Batmobile 1-lap track Cobblepot Causeway in Arkham Knight. My record was short lived, and I believe I'm hanging around somewhere right around the 60s on the leaderboard today. But I vividly remember replaying that track over and over for what seems like days to try and perfect my driftings and button pressings in order to shave down as much time as I could.

Sounds pretty cool actually. Reminds me of myself back when I was hyper competitive, but the fact that I could never achieve something more significant was just one of the nails in the coffin.

I get emotional very rarely, and whenever I do, it's usually over fictional works, such as video games or movies. No joke, I can cry over the death of a fictional character, but if a relative dies IRL, I most likely won't shed a single tear.

I hate needles. And blood. I hate anything to do with blood so much, in fact, that I can't even listen to people talking about blood-related diseases without feeling like I'm going to faint.

Now that I'm nearing the end of my current studies, I've come to realise, I've studied stuff I'm not really interested in doing as a job. In the previous work practice, 3.6% of my work time was stuff I want to do. In this current place where my course is still on hold, 1.7% of my work time was stuff I want to do.

Most of my work time goes into talking with the clients, and later my workplace instructor complains that I don't do enough (yet I do just as much as others). I'd instruct physical exercise and relaxation groups all day, but the clients would most likely be disturbed about that, since most of them probably just want to come sit, chat, drink coffee and eat something. There isn't even a proper space for me to do what I came there to do.

54 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

Now that I'm nearing the end of my current studies, I've come to realise, I've studied stuff I'm not really interested in doing as a job. In the previous work practice, 3.6% of my work time was stuff I want to do. In this current place where my course is still on hold, 1.7% of my work time was stuff I want to do.

Can relate. This was theoretically my last year in college, but after 4 years of torture I've clearly come to realize it isn't for me, so all those years got wasted on nothing, basically. I've not enjoyed a single subject, and the process of creating models, assemblies, or whatever in the tools I've used is just plain tedious and unenjoyable. The learning process is also far, far too slow for me to get good at using them... anytime soon.

So essentially, after I'll eventually get my license, I'll go find a random job and move on. Maybe I'll attend some other training courses in the future, but I am quite certain at this stage that engineering is so, so not meant for me. What a waste of time, not to mention tons of money...

15 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

Eh, in my case It seems like I lost interest in movies. I didn't see a movie for at least a year.

I lost interest in watching movies too. I only watched one movie last year. I have a pile of movies on DVD / Blu-ray that I want to watch but never seem to bother. I was actually gonna watch stuff movies / shows on the weekend because it was rainy but I didn't bother. heh.

6 hours ago, seed said:

Can relate. This was theoretically my last year in college, but after 4 years of torture I've clearly come to realize it isn't for me, so all those years got wasted on nothing, basically. I've not enjoyed a single subject, and the process of creating models, assemblies, or whatever in the tools I've used is just plain tedious and unenjoyable. The learning process is also far, far too slow for me to get good at using them... anytime soon.

Sounds like my time at the university studying math. It managed to take all the fun out of stuff I rather enjoyed doing at school. When I got a job offer at programming I took a hike and never looked back. Best decision in my life. :)

29 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

Sounds like my time at the university studying math. It managed to take all the fun out of stuff I rather enjoyed doing at school. When I got a job offer at programming I took a hike and never looked back. Best decision in my life. :)

And you ended up just fine, too :p. 

But math? Oh no, the horror still lives. I find it funny how I was afraid of math in college in my first years, but those were the easiest exams in comparison. Pile of dynamite, I have no idea how I'm going to pass some exams I've failed over the years - and there's A LOT of them anyway - , let's say one of them involves physics heavily and I uh, I studied philology in high school. There's reasons for that too! I'm a thinker/dreamer ultimately, not a practical person, and not an exact sciences guy.

Clearly I've made the wrong decision lol, I know, but I wanted something that pays well and is also future proof :(. I got stuck chasing money instead of finding something enjoyable - does such a thing even exist anymore? -, but the things I have an opening towards simply do not pay well, and I'm not interested in being permanently bankrupt and never being able to afford anything I'd want...

No idea what I am going to end up doing in the future. One thing's for sure, however - I won't be an engineer, I'm not cut for it, period, and all this will be for naught. It just STINKS that I've invested so much into this shit and spent 4 years of constant anger and frustration only to fail miserably at the end of the day. The most this helped me with is going to be nothing more than an extra line on my resumé. How nice. And people still ask me why I hate myself TO DEATH. But I've actually been making major progress on that front lately, so I'm kinda proud of myself for it - boiling in self-contempt is not going to take me anywhere, better channel the hatred into something else >:D.

I have been a long time practicing musical composition. Sometimes I play on my crappy piano keyboard (doesn't even have MIDI output) to test some tunes, before I get tired of humming ad nauseum. Yet, I can't play a piano properly.

Side note, I suck at catchy tunes. That is precisely the 2nd reason this track is a work in progress.

Edited by Gustavo6046

9 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I lost interest in watching movies too. I only watched one movie last year. I have a pile of movies on DVD / Blu-ray that I want to watch but never seem to bother. I was actually gonna watch stuff movies / shows on the weekend because it was rainy but I didn't bother. heh.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel, normally I should have a lot of stuff to watch or that I would want to watch, but I never bother to actually do it most likely due to lack of interest, I dunno, seems like that it's how i'm feeling these days.

I haven't learned English in school, I learned it on the internet from movies, games, etc.. if I didn't understood a word I simply translated it via Google Translator when it was still bad around 2010, I was 9 years old

12 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

Yeah that's exactly how I feel, normally I should have a lot of stuff to watch or that I would want to watch, but I never bother to actually do it most likely due to lack of interest, I dunno, seems like that it's how i'm feeling these days.

Yeah it's weird because I always found time to watch a few movies, even if it was just a couple in a month or somethin.

It took me about a month to watch 3 episodes of The Witcher and a couple episodes of Final Space on Netflix and that was about a month ago. So that's about all the series I've watched in a long long time.

22 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Kinda too, I still watch them with my friends or mom. Ok, I watched The Matrix series alone a while ago. Maybe I would have watched more movies alone or played games if I had more time, but school has just taken so much time.

It's really ridiculous. If going through school, you're expected to do homework at home in your free time, yet you don't get paid anything, except maybe some lousy student support money that is much less than they pay for the unemployed, who don't need to use their free time on homework!

Suppose I liked the physics and chemistry course, not that it really had much to do with nursing. Also did a little Star Wars intro text parody related to copyrights with powerpoint for the finnish course, which the teacher appeared to like. Also did a little Matrix code emulation with powerpoint for computer class. Though other than these few things, these non professional courses seems like, why do I need to do these? And they just make the school last longer. The only course from these that did fit with the nursing studies or otherwise felt useful to study was the physical exercise & work wellbeing course. I guess they're meant to increase chances at getting to study some higher degree education.

20 hours ago, seed said:

No idea what I am going to end up doing in the future. One thing's for sure, however - I won't be an engineer, I'm not cut for it, period, and all this will be for naught. It just STINKS that I've invested so much into this shit and spent 4 years of constant anger and frustration only to fail miserably at the end of the day. The most this helped me with is going to be nothing more than an extra line on my resumé. How nice. And people still ask me why I hate myself TO DEATH. But I've actually been making major progress on that front lately, so I'm kinda proud of myself for it - boiling in self-contempt is not going to take me anywhere, better channel the hatred into something else >:D.

Yea, me neither. I just know I'm not going to do this nursing stuff. I'll apply for some higher degree education, but it's unlikely that I'll get there with so little work experience. I'll probably have better chances to study 3D modeling/animating with my hobby experience than to study physiotherapy with the very little work experience in that direction I got from this nurse stuff.

Have you tried some career test that would show you different careersthat might fit/interest you? I did some, which were sort of useful, at least they showed a big list of careers that I could wonder about if it's interesting.

18 hours ago, TwinBeast said:

Yea, me neither. I just know I'm not going to do this nursing stuff. I'll apply for some higher degree education, but it's unlikely that I'll get there with so little work experience. I'll probably have better chances to study 3D modeling/animating with my hobby experience than to study physiotherapy with the very little work experience in that direction I got from this nurse stuff.

Have you tried some career test that would show you different careersthat might fit/interest you? I did some, which were sort of useful, at least they showed a big list of careers that I could wonder about if it's interesting.

Not yet, no. It might be a good idea to do so at some point, even if solely for the purpose of expanding my horizon and perspectives. I am otherwise highly skeptical of the usefulness of these tests.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:04 AM, w0ahsmea said:

I taught myself how to read

Since when do people learn English from school?

On 6/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, Kizoky said:

I haven't learned English in school, I learned it on the internet from movies, games, etc.. if I didn't understood a word I simply translated it via Google Translator when it was still bad around 2010, I was 9 years old

Same here, just that there was no Translate then. Asked my parents about words I didn't know.

I am a 14 year old fat ass who likes old games.

2 hours ago, Good-Old said:

Since when do people learn English from school?

Since forever, especially if the teachers are more serious and offer additional courses.

That's how I learned English myself, I didn't learn it from video games and the internet like the cool kids do today.

I never finished watching the last chapter of Yu Yu Hakusho even though I've seen the rest of the show about a half dozen times.

If I had to learn a language from vidya games and the internet and the optical magnet (television) id probably be screwed. haha.

I had English classes back in school days, but they were so pointless that I pretty much learnt nothing from it.

I found Internet, video games and speaking to actual english people like most of you far more educational. I'm still learning as of nowadays... a never ending learning process actually.

11 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I had English classes back in school days, but they were so pointless that I pretty much learnt nothing from it.

Sounds like my French classes :p.

10 minutes ago, seed said:

I couldn't even imagine how shitty French would be to learn, it's my first language and I suck at it still.

44 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

32 minutes ago, seed said:

Yeah, same here with the French. I had to take French in school and all I got out of it was some words and I can count to 10.

27 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

I couldn't even imagine how shitty French would be to learn, it's my first language and I suck at it still.

Actually no, having another Romance language as my native tongue (Romanian in the case at hand), I can say it definitely isn't that difficult to learn, my issue is that I've never had serious teachers who wanted to actually teach us something, so after technically 8 years (5th grade - 12th grade) spent "learning", my French level is still at "qu'est que tu fais", "parlez-vous francais", "assez-vous" lmao.

And frankly, I just don't really like French, so I never tried to learn it harder like I did English. Lack of people to interact with also contributed to this. Apart from English, the only other languages I'd be interested to learn would be Norwegian and Japanese, because I really like how they sound. Obviously that yes, my first exposure to them was via black metal and anime, but who cares really? That's how you can easily tell whether a language is for your, or not, by hearing how it sounds when spoken/sung by natives, although learning Japanese is probably a fucking nightmare since I would first need to learn an entirely new alphabet. It will be like learning to walk all over again. Omoshiroi.

4 hours ago, seed said:

Actually no, having another Romance language as my native tongue (Romanian in the case at hand), I can say it definitely isn't that difficult to learn, my issue is that I've never had serious teachers who wanted to actually teach us something, so after technically 8 years (5th grade - 12th grade) spent "learning", my French level is still at "qu'est que tu fais", "parlez-vous francais", "assez-vous" lmao.

And frankly, I just don't really like French, so I never tried to learn it harder like I did English. Lack of people to interact with also contributed to this. Apart from English, the only other languages I'd be interested to learn would be Norwegian and Japanese, because I really like how they sound. Obviously that yes, my first exposure to them was via black metal and anime, but who cares really? That's how you can easily tell whether a language is for your, or not, by hearing how it sounds when spoken/sung by natives, although learning Japanese is probably a fucking nightmare since I would first need to learn an entirely new alphabet. It will be like learning to walk all over again. Omoshiroi.

Learn Hiragana