Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marianor31

more than 4 LAN players with doom95???

Hi!, my name is Mariano and I'm having a problem tryinng to play multiplayer game in my LAN.
My problem is that I want to play with 4 other guys in my LAN, but DOOM95 launcher has a limit of 4 players...:-(
Since my PCs are windows2000 the only way to play a NET game is using TCP/IP, I don't know why, but IPX seems to have problems with the OS.
I've been looking in the web and I found ZDOOM, but in the help files says it must be installed in c:\doom2, and in my case that's not possible, because I am at work...
Althouth this I tried to use zserv and zlauncher, for me it worked fine, but the other guys I want to play with don't have Internet access, so they can't see zdoom server...
I hope you can give a hand with this problem....

Thanks!!
Mariano

Zdoom and zdaemon are two separate engines, do not mix them. If your friends are running zdoom when you launch a zdaemon server they will see nothing, surely. They all have to have zdaemon.

As long as your friends have network cards installed and they enabled TCP/IP you should be able to at least set up a LAN with them. If they don't have internet access I don't see how the'll be able to connect with your server unless they take their computers to your place.

You can always set up a zdaemon server on your network, it should work.

Perdon pero me exprece mal, las 5 personas pertencemos a la misma LAN, conectados por un hub, lo que pasa que el unico que tiene acceso a Internet soy yo...
Como hago para configurar el zdaemon??

IN ENGLISH:
We are all in the same LAN, connected througth a HUB, the only diference between me and them is that I have access to Internet.

How can I do to configure zdaemon??

Podrian probar connectando los clients a 192.168.0.* (el IP interno de la máquina donde corre el server.) Si no funciona con el zlauncher pueden probar connectando desde la consola de cada client (connect 192.168.0.1, o como sea el IP.) Si van a usar un PWAD (dwango5 o lo que sea) agregenlo en un batch o un shortcut para cada client, en este último caso.

For zdaemon on LAN, I think you can also first start a server on one machine, then join from other machines, using the serving computer "Name" on the LAN.

For example, a friend came over and set his laptop up to serve zdaemon. The name of the laptop on the LAN was Ivana (set in network properties).

I joined by first starting zdaemon, then typing "connect Ivana" and hit enter. Don't type the "".

Zdoom is just as good, or better. One computer hosts by starting zdoom with
zdoom -host x where x is the total number of players including the host.

Others join with zdoom -join Ivana (use your host computer name).

Of course, you all need to specify -deathmatch, -file yourwad.wad, etc.

ah no. people just get a port, dont use doom95.exe. ports fix the bugs and add the features u want. givin a choice i choose doom2.exe over doom95.exe.

anyway zdoom is good, well it is the only one i have played a network game on besides to original