DeePsea 11.7 posted

sbsoftware.com

Finally got done. The short list:

1. Large level support for up to 64k linedefs
2. Improved object highlighting that's easier to see
3. ZDOOM Hexen problem fixed for Win2000
4. Other stuff

Absolut Silliness.
Besides, Deepsea isnt too expensive, and is definetely worth it if you plan to release levels. Its not like pirating Photoshop when you know your not going to use it professionally.

Fredrik said:

Is it possible to upgrade without paying for S/H? I'd much rather get it by e-mail.

Yes, but I have to know who you are. Been a bit too trusting lately and both of them ended up giving their copies away. Please email me for the link. You also have to be able to receive a 1mb attachment.

Tormentor667 said:

What about support for the latest ZDoom features? (slopes, line_horizon, mirror, new things, etc.)???

Yes, those have been around for some time. If there is anything missing, just add them yourself to the ZDOOMHEXEN.OPT or ZDOOMHERETIC.OPT file or you tell me what's missing, I'll add and post the new stuff.

Just posted 11.71

Changed the map display a bit. Mainly because WA does not flag 1-sided lines as impassible:)

Also updated ZDOOM OPT files with a few more specials - prior question made me double check:)

He he, Just spotted this in the help file:

deep said:

New Find Sector Light level options (ask Nigel what this is for).

In case anyone is wondering, when I build levels, I set the default textures and flats to someting I know I am not going to use. Then when I texture the level I can search for any of these unwanted textures and if none show up, I know I have retextured every line/sector.

Now I can also set the sector lighting to a value I know I am not going to use in the final build, and search for that too. If I don't find it, I know I have set the light in every sector to the value I want.

Is it just me, or will someone else find it useful? (I know I will - have already :-) )

OK, there's a little glitch in linedef merging caused by "huge" level support. Hope that's the last of those. Will fix and post and update everyone soon as I get the time.

ew what kind of glitch, when dragging lines together or merging them by vertex?

Use3D said:

ew what kind of glitch, when dragging lines together or merging them by vertex?

Either one if they end up having a linedefs on top of one another.

For linedefs: Pretty easy to explain - dragging one linedef on top of another is supposed to split and merge the result.

For Vertexes: Dragging the 1st vertex on top of a line just splits it. Dragging a 2nd vertex (belonging to the same linedef as vertex 1) on top of the same line ends up merging linedefs.

Bad! So should I be using this or wait until the update? Does it only affect HUGE levels?

Use3D said:

Bad! So should I be using this or wait until the update? Does it only affect HUGE levels?

You can use it, but you have to fix it yourself - so more a PIA. Affects any level.

Sweet. Now that've got some cash i can finaly buy it...it's good to do that when a new version gets released too.

Tormentor667 said:

Can you also preview your level with DeepSea without having to start the game?

Not yet. I'd like to .. someday .. and have collected code for doing this without a BSP tree. More a question of time and motivation.

For now, you'll have to live with testing directly from DeePsea:)

You are welcome. Good thing I did that last night. sbsoftware and my email are not accessible right now because of that stupid worm (at least from my routing). So if anyone else is waiting for an update, I can't send until all this clear up.

The graffite assholes of the internet need to get a life.

deep said:

So if anyone else is waiting for an update, I can't send until all this clear up.

The graffite assholes of the internet need to get a life.

D: I'll wait. Thanks for cranking out that update deep, my community chests maps might have to wait another day or so until you can send me another registered executable.