Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jalapen0

When is the first DLC Due?

I bought the base game and was always going to get the season pass once I saw news about the season pass.  Any ETA?

Do we purchasers of the base game get hold of this DLC for free, or do we have to pay extra on top?

I expect them to do something similar to the base game last year, where each month, they release one or two pieces of concept art.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:09 AM, LeftHandGat said:

Probably August/September.

Would love this to be true, but doesn't an August/September time frame seem a bit optimistic given that we still haven't gotten any of the other Master Levels?  Not trying to pick a fight--would love to get one or both of the DLCs as soon as this fall--but considering all we've gotten is a single screenshot for each DLC (which looks like the mission loading screen), my uneducated guess would be more like the winter holiday season than this fall.  Hope I'm wrong!

17 hours ago, Sitting on a cornflake said:

Would love this to be true, but doesn't an August/September time frame seem a bit optimistic given that we still haven't gotten any of the other Master Levels?  Not trying to pick a fight--would love to get one or both of the DLCs as soon as this fall--but considering all we've gotten is a single screenshot for each DLC (which looks like the mission loading screen), my uneducated guess would be more like the winter holiday season than this fall.  Hope I'm wrong!

There are supposed to be 2 DLCs in the first year, so they can't take too long.

Does DLC for any game show up as a discrete separate item on Steam? Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea didn't, so I don't want any Doom Eternal DLC popping up as an extra game, neither.

21 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

Does DLC for any game show up as a discrete separate item on Steam? Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea didn't, so I don't want any Doom Eternal DLC popping up as an extra game, neither.

No. Downloadable content will show up in the DLC tab in properties rather than a separate game.

1 hour ago, Foebane72 said:

Than depends entirely on the way it was designed.

Some expansions get turned into their own game - see Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon -, not requiring the base game at all, while others remain more conservative and as a result require both the game and running it to access the DLC, and shows up in the Downloadable Content panel of the game.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, LeftHandGat said:

There are supposed to be 2 DLCs in the first year, so they can't take too long.

Depends on how much they want to address gameplay related complaints.

I think most of the bad user reviews are because the game forces you to adapt a specific behavior, e. g. arsenal utilization, movement and so on. If you're willing to learn Doom Eternal rewards you with a nice learning curve and the ultimate warrior feeling in  competitive arena fights. But that's not everybody's taste.

Probably by the end of the year.  If we are really going to push them with the "within 1 year of release" then we will probably get rushed DLC and a handful of levels.  Part 2 next summer.

Then pray we get Year 2 DLC

I don't personally care too much if they take their time, but they shouldn't call the product that people can buy that's going to give you 2 DLCs "Year One Pass" if they're not going to release them within the first year. It's false advertising. They should have called it the "DLC Combo Pack" or something if they were going to take their time.

One of the DLC screenshots showed a base on sea, so i wonder if this place from the codex could be a level.

Also, with there being "the father", i wonder about the son and the holy spirit.

arc seaborne carrier.png

Hugo posted an update on what the DLC is supposed to contain (either that or a future update):

20 bucks that the new demon in question is a fully updated version of the Chaingunner.

Okay but does anyone else think that he's talking about multiplayer there? He says one new demon and a new map, while the teaser for the DLC said demons in plural, and suggested at least two maps with that ocean base and ruined Urdak (unless they pull an Exultia). He also mentions invasion and ranking so that suggests he's focusing on multiplayer in that comment.

I thought the Maykr drones already replaced the chaingunners in some way.

Unless they could bring back and upgrade the Hellrazers.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:09 AM, LeftHandGat said:

Probably August/September.

I hope so, I need more levels. I hope this coming DLC has at least 13 levels!! I hope the same for the next DLC episode. So main campaign + 13 + 13 = 39 levels!! 

8 hours ago, Liquid Ink said:

Okay but does anyone else think that he's talking about multiplayer there?

Well that's what he said, didn't he? Invasion and ranked are pretty much part of the multiplayer component of the game.

Edited to say: It appears the new map that's "almost ready" is actually a new map for Battlemode that was referenced in Bethesda's June 22nd announcement.   

Edited by Sitting on a cornflake

Yea, I'm fairly certain the new demon he was mentioning was for multiplayer, especially since he says it will be released after the first DLC.I'm pretty sure DLC 1 will have multiple new demons.

I wonder how will the new demons look and play like.

I feel like at least one of them could have some abilities on pair with a bullet hell/danmaku character.

edit: also, the toy figures, we'd probably need more space in the Fortess of Doom.

So far theres no official ''date'' yet, but the team has already released some new DLC screenshots to tease us. They look quite good.

Of the new Battlemode map, but i think most people were expecting single player stuff.

Thinking about it, that sea carrier in that image may not have an actual model.

Off-topic but since a lot of projectiles from enemies seem to be orange/red/yellow, that includes grenades from the Arachnotrons.

I feel like if they had grenades in classic Doom, they'd either look like their true design in some glory kills or stuff like a Quake grenade or even the Doom 3 ones.

This is probably because of the "feedback/signal" focused design of the new games.

Classic Doom having a simpler aesthetic also changes this.

Quakecon is an online affair on August 7-9...I think we should have the first DLC ready to go and then have news on the second DLC.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:18 AM, Jalapen0 said:

Quakecon is an online affair on August 7-9...I think we should have the first DLC ready to go and then have news on the second DLC.

Personally, I don't think the first DLC will be ready by then. We will certainly be seeing more of it, but i doubt it will be released.