Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

isn't this ironic?

i've not been at doomworld that long, but now everytime i get on the internet, i'm at this site more that anything else. i try to make excuses just so i can get on the internet and visit the site.

now, right now i'm at school, having completed my assignment in web design 2. let's look at some facts:

i have been suspended twice from school for alegedly saying i was going to kill people, which i wasn't, and never said that i was, but that's besides the point. we also know that doom is a game blamed for the columbine incident. so i figure that if the principle walks by then he'll freak. i find this whole situation ironic though: a person supposedly as threatening as me on at a site about a violent videogame blamed for school shootings. what do you think?

Your school is full of idiots.
I play doom, and I'm not the least bit violent(murderous). Never touched a gun, hopefully never will (except hunting :) ).

Silly high school. College is much better. They actually treat you like an adult...you could play Doom till you're blue in the face and they couldn't care less. Ah well, that's how it is when you attend a school you're FORCED to go to. When you're obliged to pay tuition, etc they are willing to give you all the space you could ever want.

Vulg@r said:

you could play Doom till you're blue in the face and they could care less.

COULDN'T care less.

I wish DooM inspired poeple to give me free money.
I used to be one of those trench coat type people back in high school (still am). When the Columbine thing happened, I wasnt allowed on school grounds.

Getting discriminated against for wearing a long coat? That's bullshit. I'd sue their asses for that.

At the time i didnt care. I considered it an interesting story to tell. Looking back I probably should have done something.

AndrewB said:

COULDN'T care less.

I actually think could and couldn't both work the same in this situation.

Heh.. I used to (still do) wear nice trench coats (I like the flow, and the super-hero effect on a windy day)

A few days after the shooting, people we making fun of me, sure, but I really didn't mind... then the school counsellor, who from what I can tell shouldn't have passed the iq test to enter -kindergarden- pulled me from class and sat outside the door with me and asked, very concerned.

"Are you abused?"

me: "....uh...what???"

"Well.. *shrug* you know.. because of your coat..."

That woman haunted me for 2 years... It felt good to find out she was on anti-depressants.. and I wasn't.

monochrome said:

i find this whole situation ironic though: a person supposedly as threatening as me on at a site about a violent videogame blamed for school shootings. what do you think?

I fail to see the irony in a kid who is profiled to be violent, visiting a site about a game which is profiled to cause violence.

ravage said:

Never touched a gun, hopefully never will (except hunting :) ).

Yay! Murdering people is bad, let's slaughter animals for fun instead!

gatewatcher said:

Right, so where is the irony in all this?

I'm not too sure, but I think it is meant to be:
* A school (apparently) considers a kid to be dangerous.
* That school also (one might conjecture) considers Doom to encourage school shootings.
* Nevertheless, that kid is able at that same school to visit and post at a Doom website.

Well, whatever.

EDIT: w00t! 2^10 th post.

Linguica said:

I fail to see the irony in a kid who is profiled to be violent, visiting a site about a game which is profiled to cause violence.

Hit the nail on the head.

Back in HS, I had the "potential Columbine" profile. I also had a bunch of people who didn't mind putting words in my mouth. Gee, thanks guys. It was nice for them, because if I went to the school administration about them they wouldn't care, and if I went to them personally they'd have me arrested. One of several reasons I got the fuck out of Utah.

Luckily I'm in this Virtual highSchool program for 1 period a day and we can get away with playing doom and the GTA 1 demo. There's a guy that comes and checks the computers about once a month so we just take the games off and put them back on when he leaves. But I don't do that because my luck would be that the second that I start playing the principal will walk in and bust me. So I just play on other peoples computers. Our teacher(Well, the person that makes sure we are not planting viruses or anything like that) Actually sits there and watches us play!

Silverwyvern said:

Heh.. I used to (still do) wear nice trench coats (I like the flow, and the super-hero effect on a windy day)

Preach it, sister!

Um actualy, even though trench coats are like my favorite article of clothing (next to 20-holr boots) and all überbadassed and stuff, I've never actualy owned one. I haven't had any 20-hole boots for that matter either.

/me looks down at his bank statement that says he has $300.89 in the bank and gets Itchy Wallet Syndrome.

Must...resist...urge.

I once said I was gonna shoot someone which I really don't have any access to guns and I got suspended for a week in HS. I wouldn't shoot anyone unless my life was threatened

lament said:

Yay! Murdering people is bad, let's slaughter animals for fun instead!

darknation said:

shooting people and animals is fine as long as you eat them afterwards.

Take that back.

i wear a trenchcoat to school everyday because it's warm, and since i don't yet have a vehicle it's nice to be warm at lunch when i have my cigarette. it's my mom's black military trench. i also have my dad's vietnam era green trenchcoat. i also wear black clothes everyday because it's really simple to get up and not have to worry about shit like that. so a kid that wears a trenchcoat, dresses in black very day, smokes cigarettes and drops acid, plays doom, and listens to techno industrial music probably scares them.

concerning the suspensions, the second time they thought i was going to kill people because i expressed that i wished someone would die. not that i would kill them, that they would die on their own. i wouldn't kill people without a purpose (defense). i can't wait to shake this small hick town with my band, which isn't so much profain as the lyrics are disturbing, and a couple of my minigigs were described as disturbing.

monochrome said:

i wear a trenchcoat to school everyday because it's warm,

You could buy a normal coat, that is if you want to keep a low profile.

It was only a matter of time before someone used that as an avatar. I'm surprised it took this long, heheh.

gatewatcher said:

You could buy a normal coat, that is if you want to keep a low profile.

well, yes. as a matter of fact, i do own a couple of noraml coats. but i'm a naturally super skinny sonofabitch (my sister keeps claiming i'm anorxic(s/p?)), so i like my legs to be warm as well. plus my other coats don't have that nice velvet lining. i don't like being low profile. for one, i'm generally antisocial, so having high profiles as this generally keeps people away, and i can be alone. which is strange for someone so emotional as me who get really attached to every freaking relationship with girls i have, plus someone who likes to show off certain aspects of my life (my music).