Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hetfield2k

Multiplayer Help

This is my first visit to Doomworld and I am looking forward to become an active member of the Doom online community.
I was amazed to see the amount of add-ons available for Doom, especially ZDoom, which although deviates from the classic Doom of yore, puts a great spin on the game and seems to have resulted in a well deserved longevity which Doom has aquired.

I have updated my Doom to v1.9, have CSDoom, ZDoom, IDE3 and ZDaemon1.03.
When I attempt to start a multiplayer game through my ZDaemon I see all the servers along with playercount etc. but when I try to join the server, I get a message saying "Cannot find a game |WAD (doom.wad, doom2.wad,heretic.wad, etc.). Did you install ZDoom properly?" and am not allowed to continue any further.

Is this error message a mistake on ZDaemon's part? For after installing ZDoom I was able to play ZDoom fine (with mouselook etc.)

Thankyou for your time and I look forward to meeting you in the DM arena!!

login Zdaemon => settings => WAD directories => Add the location where your doom/doom2 files are at => Okay!

Thanks for your time 999cop.
I still cannot seem to get ZDaemon working, though. I know how to use its WAD directory, and added the folder containing all of my Doom files, but still got the same error.

The strange thing is, whenever I was messing about with my ZDaemon settings I removed all folders from my WAD directory in ZDaemon, I received a different error stating that only my "doom2.wad" was missing.
Does this help?

The error message I got origninally suggests I have installed ZDoom incorrectly. If you could walk me through its installation that'd be great. (ZDoom's read-me file is a bit sketchy on installation info)

That happend to me before I eventually just re installed it since i screwed it up by deleting a file for Zdaemon lol. Im not really sure what i did to make it work i extracted the files to Doom 1 then to doom 2 and Final doom. Then i Clicke d auto on Zdaemon and all the wads came up.... I am still having trouble playing Map 1 on Doom 1 and 2 but i think i can live wothout that.

Thankyou Deviant Force. Just tonight I got my Doom to work online by adding ALL the files I have to one single folder, which, as you could guess, is a mess.
So I got a game going on ZDaemon, played for 5minutes and had my ass whooped by one "DDD[Sniper]" although I managed 5 frags myself :)

Oh yeah and does anyone know where to download the dcdwango.wad? I've searched for it on google.com but to no avail. Cheers

I've tried joining several servers on ZDaemon and find I am only able to join one that is playing dwango5.wad map07 - if i try any other maps or .wads the game starts up as normal, but when play starts, my screen shows the normal "status bar" at the bottom of the screen (with the doom marine's face, health, armour etc.) but the rest of the arena is all messed up with different parts of the map displayed on the same screen, with alot of "crazy stuff" in between. It makes the game unplayable.
Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?! If so, know of any way to fix it? Thankyou all so much

999cop just gave you the link. If that doesn't work I think there's another patch you can try... but try that one.

hetfield2k said:

Oh yeah and does anyone know where to download the dcdwango.wad? I've searched for it on google.com but to no avail. Cheers

Found it yet? It's available at rarefiles.tripod.com.