Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stay Puft

Doom Music Remaster

Awesome! As Doom 1 goes, this definitely sounds better to me than the original midi! Almost sounds like real instruments. Will you share this as mp3's? I usually only don't listen to in-map music because it gets repetetive.

The instruments sound good! If there is any frequency mixing involved, my recommendation would be to subdue the low frequencies and boost the high. Like I would say subdue below 100 Hz but I am not always the best at identifying particular frequencies.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:11 PM, Impboy4 said:

Everything is good except you used the bugged versions of E1M7 and E1M9's midis.  Here's the actual midi versions you want to remaster: e1m7-e1m9fix.zip

Re-recorded those tracks with the files you sent.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:42 PM, <<Rewind said:

Awesome! As Doom 1 goes, this definitely sounds better to me than the original midi! Almost sounds like real instruments. Will you share this as mp3's? I usually only don't listen to in-map music because it gets repetetive.

If you use Slade, you can extract the ogg files and then convert them to mp3 if you like.

As Rewind said, the tracks do seem to feel more like they have real instruments. And I suppose it might be the way you remastered it, but it has some similar effects to songs on Nine Inch Nails's "Not The Actual Events" and "Bad Witch" albums. I've been looking for something like this, since most music WADS are generally covers with lots of added things and this is somewhere between the original and the rebuilds Andrey Avkhimovich did.

Sampled a few tracks, and everything sounds great. Awesome remasters. Except the main theme of "Demons on the Prey" (E1M7) is overshadowed by the drums; I don't like that.

14 hours ago, dr_st said:

Sampled a few tracks, and everything sounds great. Awesome remasters. Except the main theme of "Demons on the Prey" (E1M7) is overshadowed by the drums; I don't like that.

You are right, the timpani was on the main channel, I moved it to the drum channel and the main channel audio is much clearer now. I've uploaded it to Soundcloud.

I just did a PS/UV run of Doom 2 and had a blast playing it with these remixes! Nails the authentic vibes while sounding a little extra darker and more intense. Shawn's Got a Shotgun especially had me pumped.