Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JadingTsunami

"Watch people map editing" streams or videos

Does anyone have streams or videos of map authors working and narrating? I've tried searching the usual sites and the forum, but it's difficult to get the search terms right it seems as I get gameplay videos.

I find watching others is a useful way to learn new tricks and methods, and can yield useful insights.

@Bridgeburner56 does this regularly, mostly with UDMF, but sometimes Boom or even vanilla if he's participating in a project that calls for it. His streams also feature playtesting and sometimes other games.

@Major Arlene will also map often. Her streams also have playtesting. Again, it's mostly UDMF, but sometimes other formats, like Bridgeburner.

@Misty also maps sometimes, but doesn't narrate. She tends to map for Boom and Eternity, I think.
@Dragonfly used to map for Doom more often (he narrated almost all of his mapping work while doing Eviternity), but since he became a developer for Prodeus, he tends to stream Prodeus mapping. Although he will still occasionally make a map for Doom, and he does usually narrate while working. For example, he was part of an impromptu speedmapping session last night, and is a member of Team Rocket (all of which were streamed). He tends to speedmap in Boom, but will map in UDMF (see, for example, Order of the Odonata).

@Pegleg thank you for the mention... yes I mostly stream silently as I don't have personal space to speak loudly, but it doesn't stop me to explain things if people are asking me. I should think about streaming schedule properly, heh...

Thanks! They aren't posted anywhere yet, we intended to do this on the odd occasion and build up a few maps to make a little compilation with. No idea if that'll ever come to fruition though :P