Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

6 minutes ago, seed said:

Which makes me wonder what's the point then? I'd rather just get them on their own platform instead.

Less hassle to deal with when the game is auto launched, and again I prefer to track statistics and have all my games under one profile, plus there's trading cards so there's that.

6 minutes ago, sluggard said:

Less hassle to deal with when the game is auto launched, and again I prefer to track statistics and have all my games under one profile.

Yeah, I like having it all under one roof too.

Also, what is ME:C? I'm terrible with acronyms.

Just now, Doom_Dude said:

Also, what is ME:C? I'm terrible with acronyms.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

@sluggard Oh right, I forgot about that game. I should get back to the first game and finish it. How does one finish all these half played and dust collecting games...

@sluggard The thing is, sometimes the game clicks but some other game clicks more so you move to this other game and then there's this temptation to go back at a later point. haha.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:55 AM, Jello said:

I did a pacifist run on my first go. I've thought about going back and doing a genocide run, but I don't know if I could stand it. I really started caring about the characters in that game, even though they're just pixels.

First Undertale Run: Pacifist.

Second and all other ones so far: RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE.

Been playing some Empire at War Forces of Corruption lately. RTS and Strategy are genres I don't play very often, I've only played a few throughout my lifetime.

Skyrim has been my point of focus as of recently. Very casual playthrough, just trying to level up as hard as I can.

Been playing Dwarf Fortress recently. Finally a break from my half-a-year-non-stop Doom streak.

I am all over the place. Between playing Icarus: Alien Vanguard for Doom II (reached MAP09) and a buncha ioquake3 and Unreal Tournament I'm also playing Daikatana (think episode 2 is almost over?), Deus Ex (at Battery Park), Empire Earth (tutorials), Enclave (just created a character after the intro section), Morrowind (also created a character), Realms of the Haunting (I'm...somewhere in the mansion), Total Overdose (just started more-or-less, in the free-roam part of the game). I'm also playing Torchlight II on Switch with a mainly lightning-focused Embermage.

staved off my addiction with project diva briefly (fuckingggg skeleton orchestra) to pick up Quake again, since I never tried the Copper mod. I am very impressed with it, and I still find quake's bare gameplay style to be extremely fun. I'm now moving onto the one episode that was built specifically for the mod, and am enjoying that too.

12 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

@sluggard The thing is, sometimes the game clicks but some other game clicks more so you move to this other game and then there's this temptation to go back at a later point. haha.

You could probably chip away at them slowly if you really feel like finishing them, you don't have to finish them in just a few sittings, it's how I usually finish them when I'm not carried away with multiplayer, I'd focus on one singleplayer game at a time.

Edited by sluggard

I hate myself so I started up Tales of Maj'Eyal again. I have one win since I started playing again, and so so many losses. 

Bioshock, love that game. Wonderful story, great characters, and an even better plot twist. "Would you kindly" play it?

Giving AMID EVIL another shot. I still think it has a HUGE problems with visual clarity, the biggest offenders being the indecipherable font and enemies blending in with the background.

Painfully making my way through Doom 3. I still can't stomach more than 15 minutes of it a day. Imps surviving SIX short range shotgun blasts gets old really fast.

HL2 with MMod. Even with drastically improved gunplay the combat isn't fun.

Second PT of Project Warlock on Hardcore. Flak Cannon is even more deiliciously overpowered.

18 minutes ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

HL2 with MMod. Even with drastically improved gunplay the combat isn't fun.

Never understood why some found HL2's combat clunky honestly. I mean sure, HL2 itself is slow, but I never found it bad by any means.

Then again, back in the day I used to play a shit ton of HL2 Deathmatch, so I kinda know what it's capable of on a good map :D .

Brawlhalla, Srb2, Cs : Source, Stick with it and finaly Karlson 3d 

I'll play the new Minecraft's 1.16 pre-release soon. 

I started Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 recently but as I'm playing the first hour or two I realise I cannot remember much of the original game and even though the sequel is a prequel I've decided to go back and play the original game again. Also playing Tiberian Sun on my laptop.

Doing Doom 3 again, I've only beaten the original twice and BFG edition once and while it has been a polarizing game with obvious cliches and some fundamental design flaws I think I lowkey love it now for what it is. Looking forward to playing with Subtle Improvements mods!

I recently started Doom 3 again too but trying it out with the dhewm3 source port.

Metro Exodus.

Omg it's so fucking cool and awesome. I love the frantic style of Doom, but deep beneath me, I love a great inmersion game with a apocaliptic atmosphere. Metro Exodus excels at everything for me. I loved 2033 and Last Light, but Exodus just blew my mind.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:23 AM, Endless said:

Metro Exodus.

Omg it's so fucking cool and awesome. I love the frantic style of Doom, but deep beneath me, I love a great inmersion game with a apocaliptic atmosphere. Metro Exodus excels at everything for me. I loved 2033 and Last Light, but Exodus just blew my mind.

I played a lot of Metro 2033 (not all) and then ended up with Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux, so I have those to play through. Exodus sounds cool... I'm waiting for a sale on that one. :D

I'm still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, which I haven't touched in days.

Edited by Doom_Dude

9 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I played a lot of Metro 2033 (not all) and then ended up with Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux, so I have those to play through. Exodus sounds cool... I'm waiting for a sale on that one. :D

I'm still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution, which I haven't touched in days.

I'm a big Metro fan. Is not a game for everyone, it's rather ''rustic'' and it can be quite boring for people that are used to really fast-paced games, like Doom, but if you can get past the slow-pace, this game offers one deep story with extremely beautiful graphics, ambience and sound design. Metro Exodus is my favorite one so far, both the main campaign and the DLC's are golden for me. 

3D8DD74AB330B4BE194276AB11D959E74DA8954A

decided to take a short break from Corpse Party Blood Drive.  at it's core, i love it.  it's a horror game, the music is good, it's a continuation of a story already two games deep that progressed in a way that pleased me.  however, things like a loading screen when bringing up inventory and some rough gameplay decisions were enough for me to spend time away. 

last night, i started a game of lunar the silver star harmony.  lunar TSSS was the first game i ever preordered and played during the peak of my jrpg career.  this psp port seems a bit softened, something i am not opposed to.  i only played the opening and have yet to leave Burg but the peek into the battle system intrigues me.  i forget if you have active movement during turns in battle but the removal of individual party member inventory pleases me.  having the proper gear, level, and healing items to take any fight but still losing due to the wrong character having the wrong item is soul crushing.  fingers crossed, i'm looking forward to the journey.