Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Come one, come all; It's ITSC Beta time!

You heard it right. I just finished a map for my project, Inferno: The Second Coming. It replaces E3M7. Words of advice, find the secrets. They will help you BIG time. Although I'm only an average player, I had to tyson the last baron. My best time was 15:38 Maxkill. (Watch DA beats me with a 10:00 :) ) Also, E3M8 DOES suck, I know. I was testing a motif + a snazzy looking start portal. If you can beat it from a pistol start (bloody unlikely), YOU ARE A GOD.

Any and all constructive criticism is welcome.

I will e-mail it to at least 5 people who want to beta-test this.

It should work with any limitless port with direct sprite/flat support. But I did include two zdoom bat files (zdoomdos + zdoom) This is for the Ultimate Doom. Heh. :)

Hmmm...Well, I know I shouldn't but, I need to take a break and do something usefull so as a last resort, Im open for assistance as far as beta testing goes. :D

Btw, I wanted a good reason to criticize something that has to do with you :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

I beat it from a pistol start on first try. ;P

I'd like to see you play my community chest map from a pistol start on UV when it's finished, and record it for me! I can't do it.

EDIT: Oh yeah send your levels on over foxie- er ravage, my email in my profile.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I beat it from a pistol start on first try. ;P

I SAID E3M8 IS UNBEATABLE ON PISTOL START. Mostly because of the Deh patch for the plasmagun. Oy.

Use3D, its sent. Have fun. :)

Damn, I feel like an answering machine now. :P

ravage said:

I SAID E3M8 IS UNBEATABLE ON PISTOL START. Mostly because of the Deh patch for the plasmagun. Oy.

...Soo. The e3m8 in this wad? or the orginal, cause I can record both for you :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

...Soo. The e3m8 in this wad? or the orginal, cause I can record both for you :P

No, just E3M7. That's the good one. e3m8 is just a sucky test that is to be disregarded.

ravage said:

No, just E3M7. That's the good one. e3m8 is just a sucky test that is to be disregarded.

Oh, well, I Dunno how to record demos with Zdoom yet anyways; I usually use legacy. Oh well. :D

I tried running this with legacy, I get this:

R_InitTextures: Missing patch in texture BRNBIGC

Yes, I am using Doom iwad. WTF?

ravage said:

Um, you mean 4 spider masterminds, plasma gun becomes the godly ion rifle? Dude, I aced that several times starting from pistol on UV. For one thing, the spiders fight each other, there's a sphere of invulnerability in the center, and the ion rifle destroys those spiders in seconds! Unbeatable how??!!

ravage said:

I tried running this with legacy, I get this:

R_InitTextures: Missing patch in texture BRNBIGC

Yes, I am using Doom iwad. WTF?

Heh, me no get that error. Legacy dont like you, you dis legacy, it shuns you :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

Heh, me no get that error. Legacy dont like you, you dis legacy, it shuns you :P

I get my opinion of it because it never works, and I do everything right.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Obviously not right enough if it doesnt work :P

Your lucky you're in Spamland, you hobbit. :P

Besides, anyone know how to record demos in Zdoom? Any version?

To record demos with ZDooM, use the ZDooM launcher ZDLaunch (found at zdoom.notgod.com, under downloads). In ZDLaunch simply highlight the map you want to play, including any add-on map, click on the "Record"button, and you're good to go. Remember to specify in your text file (if you're uploading the damo) which version of ZDooM you used. Demos can only be played back in the same version in which they were recorded.

Cyrez said:

To record demos with ZDooM, use the ZDooM launcher ZDLaunch (found at zdoom.notgod.com, under downloads). In ZDLaunch simply highlight the map you want to play, including any add-on map, click on the "Record"button, and you're good to go. Remember to specify in your text file (if you're uploading the damo) which version of ZDooM you used. Demos can only be played back in the same version in which they were recorded.

Yeh, eggcept for One missconception, I have that launcher, it don't work, works once, then never again. Perhaps it needs a quarter..? :D

the_Danarchist said in another thread:
Also, a decent launcher that actualy works would be nice. The ZDoom Launcher is how it should be, except working. :P

Odd, i have recorded over 32 different demos and never had a problem with it. All i do is make sure it has a .lmp ending and that it has a unique name. as it will not overwrite an existing file.

the zdoom betas demos does desynch. Use v 1.22 if you want to record zdoom demos.

Erik, its sent. Have fun. :)

Wow. So monotonous and repetitive just like Al Gore. :P

Use3D said:

Um, you mean 4 spider masterminds, plasma gun becomes the godly ion rifle? Dude, I aced that several times starting from pistol on UV. For one thing, the spiders fight each other, there's a sphere of invulnerability in the center, and the ion rifle destroys those spiders in seconds! Unbeatable how??!!

Each bullet uses 10 cells. and it's unbeatable on HMP because you get more ammo in UV.

So what's anyone got to say on the map?

Oh, and the Ion rifle isn't godly, it's a little bit underbalanced. See this:

Plasma bullet:
Ammo cost - 1
Bullet damage - 10

10 ammo (10 bullets) = 100 damage

Ion Bullet:
Ammo cost 10
Bullet damage - 25

10 ammo (one bullet) = 25 damage

In other words; Plasma > Ion

ravage said:

So what's anyone got to say on the map?

The map is fun, with many good combat situations. Hard too :P
I died a bit on UV. I like the layout alot, but I keep running out of ammo. Maybe some more ammo on UV wouldn't hurt. Wanna see more for sure!

Hmm, ok, more ammo on UV. I didn't implement difficluty settings, and I'm usually a Hurt Me Plenty kinda person. (oh and I added a better ending, and moved the map to e3m2, fits there better)