Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

I can only play on ITYTD. I just want to experience the gameplay, not work for it. Yet, I still always die. :P

i don't remember if i wrote this before, but i am almost always playing with "buddha" cheat on.

8 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I pre-ordered Doom Eternal but, aside from dabbling in the first few maps, am refusing to play it until a major bugfix patch comes out.

A major bugfix patch? Why?

I remember the game being solid even at launch.

13 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I pre-ordered Doom Eternal but, aside from dabbling in the first few maps, am refusing to play it until a major bugfix patch comes out.

What bugs are preventing you from playing? The only bug I've encountered so far was falling through the map in ARC base once on a replay.

That and the crashes when I tried to modify some files but that was my own damn fault so.

I am the Icon of Sin and I feel bad killing my own dudes.

I like jokewads.

Actual jokewads (Mock 2/deathz0r online/Turbocharged Arcade), not Terrywad bullshit.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, Spectre01 said:

I played for 6 hours, some of that probably Idle and haven't touched it again since it launched. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

7 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I played for 6 hours, some of that probably Idle and haven't touched it again since it launched. Maybe it's time to give it another shot.

I was about to with the new update being out, but then I read this and some other concerning feedback and it looks like I'll be waiting some more.

5 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I was about to with the new update being out, but then I read this and some other concerning feedback and it looks like I'll be waiting some more.

Well that's certainly concerning. I installed the update and started Eternal up again last night. [edit] I uninstalled Denuvo after reading the Reddit thread and somebody posted how to remove it.

Since a lot of people are asking how to remove DAC:

In your "Uninstall Programs" application on Windows look for "Denuvo Anti-Cheat".

Uninstall it.

Verify it's uninstalled by: Press WindowsKey+R -> type services.msc and press enter.

Look for Denuvo Anti-Cheat Updater in the list.

I had a hell of a time getting off that splash screen that says press a key to continue, which wasn't an issue before. Then I fell in the lava a dozen times trying to recall how you do all that fancy jumping and gave up and went to bed. Maybe I was just tired but I find the platforming to be kinda annoying. I'm at the first spinning fire chain place.

Edited by Doom_Dude

Doom 64 actually defaults to easy difficulty (the PC equivalent of HNTR) as opposed to medium difficulty (the PC equivalent of HMP).

2 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Doom 64 actually defaults to easy difficulty (the PC equivalent of HNTR) as opposed to medium difficulty (the PC equivalent of HMP).

Thank God. With that N64 controller anything else would be brutal ;) (at least for me it always was lol)

6 hours ago, Anonymous777 said:

I'm a Savescummer when it comes to doom randomizer wads like complex doom, CF, LCA or LSD (Li$tEr's simple doom)

I like playing on PS1 in part because it prevents me from savescumming. Once i start saving more than once aside from level start i have a hard time stopping.

Bumping myself? Neat, here comes another music-related one.

I got to acknowledge for myself that I'm actually kinda okay around and listening to tracks I used to chastise about a decade ago. Notable mentions are 'Demons on the Prey' and 'Hiding the Secrets', along with 'Gut Wrencher' from Duke Nukem 3D (yes, that one. Kiddo me used to think it was "super happy" for some reason, but recent listenings brought my attention to its genuinely creepy undertone which I find uniquely cool.) I still wouldn't make D_DDTBLU or D_AMPIE my ringtone, but I'm starting to get amiable with them as well.

Spoiler

Probably it is the same reason why Dunning-Kruger Syndrome actually happens - when I didn't like E1M7's music yet, my knowledge of game music field didn't expand to the sufficient lengths for appreciating it properly, as the really shining gems of the OST (subjective on my behalf) set the bar too high. Once I got to know enough disasterpieces around, both in and outside the Doom universe, Bobby Prince and Lee Jackson's overall style (not just their peaks, again according to my preference) suddenly became the epitome of euphony in comparison.

Demonstrating how low can (marginally) id-related stuff go:

Yeah, I KNOW that Crazybus (2004)'s theme is far worse. I was making a milder exaple and still close to the actual cesspool I'm cherrypicking from. Now leave me alone.

CK7's other tracks are rather on the boring side, but this one - again, by the rule of comparison - makes them sound fairly tolerable. Honestly, the only good music from that game is the map/overworld theme.

I was just looking at a map preview in slade when suddenly I found a teleport-closet looking thing in the distance, even though the map didn't feature any teleport ambushes.

Turned out I decided to add an extra spider mastermind to the map, but I messed up the sectors so it never got alerted, and by the time I got to playtesting that level I already forgot about adding the extra fight altogether. I would've released a map with a spider mastermind just chilling in an inaccessible box outside the map.

I am absolutely dreadful at finding secrets. The few I find is usually the result of getting lost in the map and stumbling into 'em by accident!

On 6/18/2020 at 6:30 PM, Biodegradable said:

I am absolutely dreadful at finding secrets. The few I find is usually the result of getting lost in the map and stumbling into 'em by accident!

Ditto. In fact, I didn't find a single secret in Eviternity. (Serious!)

On 5/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, Deimos said:

I like playing on PS1 in part because it prevents me from savescumming. Once i start saving more than once aside from level start i have a hard time stopping.

My first experience of Doom was on Playstation and because of that I never save during a level, only at the beginning of a new one. It just doesn't feel right to me to save during a level.

3 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

My first experience of Doom was on Playstation and because of that I never save during a level, only at the beginning of a new one. It just doesn't feel right to me to save during a level.

My first experience was on jag so yeah same philosophy.

I play on the Bethesda port on PS4, and I hate PC controls for every game except Portal 1 and 2. 

13 hours ago, Hypnotik said:

I've never fully played through Plutonia or Evilution. Working on it though.

I've never fully played through the Master Levels. I don't know how many or what ones I played because I never finish and since they're mostly map01's it's a bit confusing.

I'm too scared to play Sigil yet because Romero's e1m8 remake pulvarised me so much, it caused me to rage-quit. I feel like I need to sharpen my dooming skills and be able to conquer it before I can go anywhere near Sigil.

@Biodegradable Oh yeah, I never did finish Sigil. Need to play through that again and actually finish it. So much stuff to play and I prefer working on my own Doom junk....

i still think that Eviternity is looking great, yet it is boring to play. Sigil gameplay, for example, is much better.

(hides under the rock)

I think I've played enough Doom and Quake to for some time. 

I mean, a few hundred hours I guess, but I guess I must be weak. 

I'm still playing Blood though... 

10 hours ago, ketmar said:

i still think that Eviternity is looking great, yet it is boring to play. Sigil gameplay, for example, is much better.

(hides under the rock)

For me, it is the other way around. I love Eviternity's gameplay whereas I found Sigil boring