Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I've been playing nothing but ARK: Survival Evolved for 2 solid weeks now with no signs of slowing down.  I had put about 70 hours into the base game back in 2017 but got angry and quit it when all my progress got wiped on a friend's server (Only my progress got wiped, not his or the couple of other players on the server).  I decided to give it another go in single-player only recently because the Explorer's Edition pack was on sale so I could get all the DLC for $12.

It sank it's claws back in fast...and I even got my wife interested in it who is now playing it on Xbox, lol.  I had to buy a Windows 10 Store version for another $10 to play cross-play with her since the Steam version doesn't support that.

I finished Mirror's Edge Catalyst, started out very tedious but they saved the best bits of the story to the end just to end it on a cliffhanger, ugh, judging by the sales of the games it's probably going to take years before we get a third game, why does every game feel like it needs to be open world. Quantum Break also had some janky shooting but at least it had a more interesting story and didn't try to shove unnecessary side tasks in your face, even Control with its more open ended level design at least managed to keep itself engaging with all the powers you get and metroidvanian level design, all you get in MEC is a silly grappling hook.

Back to just csgo until I find more interesting story games.

Edited by sluggard

Doom 3, reached Monorail Skybridge last night (from Alpha Labs Sector 4, played for three hours). I think Doom 3 might be one of my "new" favorite games now. I just seriously love the way it looks and it's nice to scale back to something considerably more "Doom-y" than the Doomslayer stuff nowadays. You're just some dude surviving by the skin of his teeth against inter-dimensional horrors. I think it's cool too that most of the Doom cast is on offer here, minus the Arachnotron, Pain Elemental and Spiderdemon.

14 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Doom 3, reached Monorail Skybridge last night (from Alpha Labs Sector 4, played for three hours). I think Doom 3 might be one of my "new" favorite games now. I just seriously love the way it looks and it's nice to scale back to something considerably more "Doom-y" than the Doomslayer stuff nowadays. You're just some dude surviving by the skin of his teeth against inter-dimensional horrors. I think it's cool too that most of the Doom cast is on offer here, minus the Arachnotron, Pain Elemental and Spiderdemon.

So you've done a full 180 on the game I guess.

What changed your mind from "Dumb 3" to this?

I think I have a new favourite game: Dead Cells. It feels so well thought-out and put together, there are myriads of easter eggs, hidden (and no so much) lore and references, but most importantly, the combat feels SO. DAMN. GOOD.

It's literally the first game in my life that I'm still playing after getting 100% achievements, even though it took me about 210 hours to get there.

It's challenging all the way from start to finish, yet somehow it manages to stay invariably fair. And when it feels like the difficulty curve you've just hit is nearly vertical, it just means you need to just the angle at which you're looking at the game.

I've even bought a second copy of Dead Cells on Steam (my original purchase was on GOG), so that I could play the development branch and test the upcoming balance changes. And the fun I'm having is simply immense.

@Lila FeuerIf you like doom 3, I think you are going to appreciate system shock, too. They are very similar games in nature, the first one being oriented around atmosphere and the second around more shooting (like doom 3). The first one really drove me nuts, more than any other game I have played and the music is something you're going to remember for long.

Anyway, on topic, I am playing strain for doom 2 now. It is a doom 2 expansion, but with some nice dehacked magic sprinkled on it to give it some nice quality of life changes. The pistol and the shotgun have higher fire rates but the same damage per shot and you use both of your fists when punching. Berserk feels really good with this mod and there is one in almost every level. The level design is also very solid.

Started playing Diablo 2 for the hundredth time, but my first time playing on Hell difficulty.

The loot runs are a ton more exciting in this difficulty since the drops have some ridiculous magic tied to them especially with the unique drops.

Been playing a lot of No Man's Sky on PC. It can sweep you away at times but the "grind" can get to ya at times as well.

I've heard alot about Metro: Exodus. Gonna have to check that one out.

I recently beat the DOOM2 mega-wad, Whispers of Satan. Enjoyed the hell outta it...

@Hypnotik Vanilla RTW or what? My PC is broken atm but I've played way too much Roma Surrectum.

Just finished E1 of Rekkr. Glorious.

I'm gradually working on Super Metroid (never beaten it before) and The Sinking City.

I also recently bought Micro Mages and Tanglewood, which are fantastic so far.

Not quite a videogame, but I finally got the hang of using Vassal to play boardgames digitally, and it's amazing.

Edited by Aaron Blain

still playing Lunar the Silver Star Harmony.  the battle system is a significant improvement over the original; i don't miss individual party inventory at all.  i finished the fight with the "Dragonmaster" outside of Lann and discovered Jessica's surprise at Phacia being a priestess.  i can't remember the story progression too well but i think i'm getting Kyle in the party sometime soon.

I got Satellite Reign on Steam earlier for £3! Really good, just like Syndicate/Syndicate Wars, which makes sense as some of the people who worked on SR also worked on the Syndicate games.

I'm currently testing the Halo 3 PC pre-release, I found one issue so far and reported it.

Oh Lunar!

I played 2 years ago and I remember liking it a lot... But I can hardly remember what happened in that game lol. I got some screenshots, though. This game has great pixel art

WOW.JPG

This is only with the 64 colors limitation of the mega drive btw

Yeah, this is from the sega cd one, from the first time you visit that floating scholar city. I also have the ps1 one, but never played it 'till now. Really glad they kept the same voice actors for the characters

I've been playing Command and Conquer Remastered, Age of Empires 2, Animal Crossing New Horizons and (God help me lol) Fortnite. Fortnite is surprisingly fun. I've been playing that on the Nintendo Switch since my laptop is shit and can't run it well.

Picked up Assassin's Creed Origin again, mostly out of boredom but it's one of the better AC's recently.   Also still plucking away at the achievements for the DLCs in Sniper Elite 4 (wondering when 5 is coming out).    On the PC, I've been playing ATOM which is really likeable and funny.  (the jabs at Fallout are classic).

In my quake adventures, I gave the mission packs a try again, but I'm not super fond of them. They have neat concepts, but I feel the developers just didn't understand quake particularly well, so they end up being a bit odd. I haven't looked much into Quake mapping, I should take a peek at fan made sets (in recent years I've only played Copper's UDOB, so I really need to fix that...)

Also continuing the Project Diva grind. Trying out some of the easiest Extreme songs is going well, and they're more interesting than most of Hard at least. I can finally read multi notes after having the positioning logic for them explained, and yet I still sometimes fumble them...

Destiny 2, mostly checking out what they added with the new season and doing Crucible and Gambit bounties.

Darksiders 3, I needed more Darksiders cheese in my life.

I'm sooo SLOW at playing games. Lately i've been starting a lot of them and not finishing them. Just a habit i guess. Probably because i just don't feel very well. 

Anyways, i've been playing Deus Ex on PC (vanilla; no mods) although i haven't actually played it in about a week or so now; taking a break i guess.

On XB1 i've just beaten Hitman: Blood Money (X360 version) which i've played/beat before on PS2 and OG Xbox years ago but never the X360 version. I've never played the Trials games so i bought Trials HD (X360 game) for dirt cheap and i'm playing that (it's actually pretty fun). I also just finished up Doom (1993) EP 1-4 on HMP (XB1). I'll probably go back and play SIGIL and the other WADS later after i beat Doom II.

Now i'm on to Doom II on HMP difficulty as well as playing Burnout Paradise Remastered on XB1.

So i'm playing quite a few games lol.

(also messing with random Doom/Doom II wads on PC; HMP or UV difficulty usually)

@CyberDreams I'm also damned slow at playing through games. I feel ok myself, I'm more in the mood for making Doom maps than playing stuff. I'm still playing Deus Ex Human Revolution (kinda stopped for days) and I bought Jedi Fallen Order and played some of that, then went back to Doom mapping. lol

@Endless I bought Metro Exodus since it was for sale on Steam. Not sure when I'll get to playing it. I probably should play through the previous Metro games...

I also clued in to install the lastest script extender for Fallout 4 and got my saves working with whatever mods I have on there. I basically wanted to take in some screenshots of scenery for some inspiration.

.....and some Doom wads I'm playing through.

Playing Metro Exodus.

I've never played any Metro before but a really big fan of S.T.A.K.E.R and I would judge metro as a less ambitious, overly linear, script reliant copy but never played it to justify (well I watched someone play it)

That being said, I am quite enjoying Metro Exodus! The free roaming moments feel like a brand new Stalker with mutants eco system, anomalies, hunting for loot etc. It's more refined and streamlined than stalker. The linear moments are fine, it's good to mix a bit of open world and scripted moments imo.

I really am sick of all the voice acting at the start. Every character is a B grade Russian voice actor all desperately trying to win an Emmy. I was beginning to lose my patience. But as the game progresses it calms down.

Edited by Chezza