Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Your favorite fictional firearm?

large_di_2015_4933.jpg

Packing 95 rounds of 10mm semi-armor-piercing xenomorph-slaying action, with 30mm underbarrel pump-action grenade launcher. No matter your orientation, you can add "ammosexual" when you pick up this motherfucker. And that's not even including duct-taping* a flamethrower next to it.

*Not available on Mars

10 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

large_di_2015_4933.jpg

Packing 95 rounds of 10mm semi-armor-piercing xenomorph-slaying action, with 30mm underbarrel pump-action grenade launcher. No matter your orientation, you can add "ammosexual" when you pick up this motherfucker. And that's not even including duct-taping* a flamethrower next to it.

*Not available on Mars

^^^^^^^^. This for sure.

16 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Ahh... whoops. Learn something new everyday!

You're welcome!

12 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

This, and it’s not even close!

It was the year 2008, that year I met Doom for the first time on Snes and, one night my dad brought home a gearbox of a car and when I saw that thing I opened my eyes and instantly said: the BFG9000, oh yes! 

Hmmm how does one choose.

I really like the M249 SAW from Half-Life Opposing Force but that's not a fictional weapon.

How about the Phaser Rifle from Star Trek, specifically TNG.

pjcQrnO.jpg

Not the original one from TOS, because it's kinda goofy and looks like a bug zapper or somethin.

wXw1TbW.jpg

The single most satisfying shotgun I've ever experienced in an FPS. Nothing compares to this absolute beast of a weapon from its power to its sound design. Simply the best.

I can't find anything about it online, but there was a wonky Aeons of Death-style kitchen sink Quake 1 mod called Wyrm. I played a lot of Wyrm II, which had the coolest collection of weapons I've ever encountered, including an utter caricature of an 'FPS Double-Barreled Shotgun', with the most kick and deliciously deliberate reloading animation I've ever seen. It was a mishmash of smaller mods, but I don't remember any of their names.

I also think the Wolfenstein 3d arsenal feels incredibly satisfying. Popping a brownshirt with the pistol actually rivals point-blanking a DoomImp with the single-shotty, for me.

Edited by Aaron Blain

59 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

The single most satisfying shotgun I've ever experienced in an FPS. Nothing compares to this absolute beast of a weapon from its power to its sound design. Simply the best.

Literally a SPAS-12.  But that doesn't make that thing any less OP.  I'm a firm believer that if you don't have that thing in your inventory at all times, you're playing the game wrong.

out-5.gif.44915b6ab9086887a79926d1ab7f622b.gif

(pardon the small image size)

the alien gun from out of this world/another world, a favorite of mine. it has three functions: bolts of hot plasma that disintegrate targets, planar shields for defense, and a power shot that can break through vehicles/walls. alot of versatility in a small package, looks cool, and only needs occasional recharges.

1 hour ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

FBLKMu9.jpg

Fuck that gun so goddamn hard. I always hated the players who thought they were hard by using a rifle that one-shot kills anywhere above the knee. No, my begrudging respect goes to headshotting Scout snipers. I also never understood why its capacity wasn't reduced to the real steel deal; such a drawback would not have affected its lethality one iota.

There was something seriously wrong when the AWM was more consistently lethal at close range without scoping in than the pump shotgun and the noobtube XM1014. I remember that being called railgunning in those days, before the CoD crowd rechristened it as no-scoping. The same crowd also thinks that staying still and using a sniper scope for longer than a second is called hardscoping. Uh no, there's already a term for that: sniping.

The AWM was also my first taste of how petty gamers can get. At some point it was possible to bypass the bolt cycling animation with quickswitch and people abused it for a faster fire rate ON A GUN THAT ONE-SHOT KILLS. When that was patched out, the petulant fucktards spammed their forums with all the classic shock site pics of yore. Because scarring the minds of everyone seeing that degenerate shit, including the ones who were in a position to change something, was a surefire method of getting others on your side. /s

But hey, at least the CSGO version has the bolt on the correct side for once, probably because it was modeled by someone who doesn't have a fetish for right-handed guns as used by left-handed people and mirroring the result.

Also, double-fuck the Farsight from Perfect Dark. Also a one-shot kill precision gun, but this one has wallhack AND auto-aim AND shoots through walls. Hmm maybe I'm a bit harsh, it would suck so much ass to find a moving target and manually adjust the zoom while moving the janky crosshair across the screen all on an N64 controller. But giving that many advantages to a single weapon... I recall it was intended as an anti-camper weapon, but games would devolve into whoever can camp the Farsight spawn the hardest and get their turn at being King Turd of Shit Mountain.

the M202 FLASH that Arnold Schwarzenegger used in the Commando movie that i would definitely reply for, not much of a firearm, more like a heavy arm weapon, the most underrated weapon in the movie.

download.jpg.3fea837a9f0971dbb34ff78443168079.jpg

41 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

At some point it was possible to bypass the bolt cycling animation with quickswitch and people abused it for a faster fire rate ON A GUN THAT ONE-SHOT KILLS.

I understand your pain, haha. But to be fair, the rate of fire of that weapon is (I find...) a rather significantly under-appreciated aspect of it. A single missed shot can open such a wide window of opportunity for the opponent, which - in my opinion - works as a reasonable trade-off for it being a one-hit kill above the waist.