Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMTIME

How do I create buttons in DoomBuilder2?

making a button is very simple, just right click on the linedef that the button is supposed to be on, and select an action from the "action" setting. However, you must make sure the action has has an S1, or SR in front of it, as those refer to switches also make sure you tag the line and the sector it is supposed to affect with the same tag. Also, I would recommend switching to Ultimate Doom Builder, as Doom Builder 2 is no longer updated, I believe.

http://www.doombuilder.com/index.php?p=tutorials

But as Egg said.

Linedef defined with "S1" or "SR" refers to Switch. 1 is once and R is Repeatable. Linedef once enacted, like "SR Door Open Wait Close", it (while textured with a Switch Texture) will now need a LineDef Tag, Tag refers to the Sector it affects. Leaving it as 0 will either do nothing or move the entire level, dont want that.

Follow through the tutorials there and switch to either Ultimate Doom Builder or Doom Builder X as most other variants of DB is discontinued/not supported.

Hey Doomtime.

Chubzdoomer made a number of really good Doom Builder tutorials back in the day. They cover all the basics, how to make switches and lifts and doors etc. Take a look and good luck:

On 6/25/2020 at 12:46 AM, PeterMoro said:

Hey Doomtime.

Chubzdoomer made a number of really good Doom Builder tutorials back in the day. They cover all the basics, how to make switches and lifts and doors etc. Take a look and good luck:

I have seen this video and if you want to know the map that am making is hellfire 2 if you want to play hellfire i will put a link in the next part of this