Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szuran

What's the sprite name for the menu small arrow cursor?

Question

You know, the sprite of the flashing selection arrow. I can't find the darned thing anywhere.

16 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, Szuran said:

Wait, this actually might be the one from 0000, but it seems adding this file to a WAD doesn't overwrite the gzdoom.pk3 file. Any idea how to do it?

try making a pk3 file in slade and making 2 folders, one named font and the second one consolefont and put the second one inside font and put the replacement 0000.png inside consolefont, save and try loading it in doom

If you mean the menu pointer available on ZDoom-based ports, the lump is called DOOMCURS.

Otherwise, if you are referring to the flashing skull, the lumps are M_DOOM1 and 2.

I'm talking about the arrow in te dialogue system for Strife, or the arrow in GZDoom's menus. Not the skull thing.

@Kappes Buur sorry for tagging you directly, but you know everything about Doom and I wasted HOURS searching for this.

What's the sprite for this arrow next to "A rocket launcher"?

obraz.png.4db93a5d8f5c4d996596da84654dcfa3.pngobraz.png.60cace08be77a672c59bf8df313226ca.png

1 minute ago, cambreaKer said:

it's in 0000.png, inside the "consolefont" folder which is inside gzdoom.pk3

So I thought, but I replaced it and it did replace the arrow in "Exit game?" menu and a couple of others, but not the one from the dialogue panel.

Bumping this because I still have no answer and I'm going mad.

What's this sprite? Where is it?

obraz.png.4081c581e6ee9ecfe23c917f1d998c69.png

It's not the one from 0000 in gzdoom.pk3.

I've checked all the font files I could find. It's like I'm going insane, this file doesn't exist.

5 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

i have been also searching but didn't find anything, maybe it's inside some other font file?

Wait, this actually might be the one from 0000, but it seems adding this file to a WAD doesn't overwrite the gzdoom.pk3 file. Any idea how to do it?

It worked! A change in the font.inf file and I have a hi def replacement. THANK YOU!

12 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

no problem, but where did my comment go?

I didn't do anything with it. :) Anyway, I have another minor problem: this new HD font doesn't scale everywhere. I made a 512x512 sheet with a 8x8 cell size, and it looks good in most places. However, in the "exit game?" screen, the arrow is huge. I'm not sure why.

14 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

no problem, but where did my comment go?

It got moved up to being the top reply, since it was chosen as the answer.

1 hour ago, plums said:

It got moved up to being the top reply, since it was chosen as the answer.

oh nice, i thought it got deleted or something.

3 hours ago, Szuran said:

I didn't do anything with it. :) Anyway, I have another minor problem: this new HD font doesn't scale everywhere. I made a 512x512 sheet with a 8x8 cell size, and it looks good in most places. However, in the "exit game?" screen, the arrow is huge. I'm not sure why.

well i haven't edited fonts before so i can't help you with that.