Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

WAD + MOD

Let's have a thread for epic Wad + Mod combining inspirations. I'll post my favourites and hope to see some of yours.

• Hell On Earth + Coldpal Lite + DarkdoomZ + Brightmapsplus + Sbrightmaps + Blood Fixer + Footsteps V5 + Precise Crosshair
  • Japanese Community Project + Doom 4 Vanilla
  • Dark Universe + Project Brutality 3 + Crimson Assault SFX + DarkdoomZ
  • Scythe 2 + HD Plutonia Skybox Textures + HDTP Alterations
Edited by <<Rewind

I highly, highly, recommend Smooth Doom and Vanilla Essence of course. And recently I am also mostly playing with Jovian Palette.

But what I am also using with EVERY WAD out there is Tilt++, which adds Quake style tilt to Doom and I really, really like that. Makes movement feel less rigid. Is highly customizable when it comes to bob and tilt amounts, etc.

Really great compilation. Whenever a play Doom vanilla or modded, I always use this:  Simple HUD Addon A small HUD addon that improves the quality of life in gameplay greatly. It works wonders and so far I haven't found any compatability problems.

And yes, Smooth Doom is, along Beautiful Doom, the best ''vanilla enhanced mod'' there is, at least for me.

• The Plutonia Experiment + Coldpal Lite + Plutonia Midi
  • Demonfear + Dark Textures Pack Low Resolution 0.2 + DarkdoomZ + Reshade Advanced CRT + Doom Ambient Pack v1.2 + Gothic Guns And Monsters
  • Alien Bastards + LA Tailor Girl
Edited by <<Rewind

• Sigil + Sigil Shreds + DarkdoomZ
  • Jenesis + DN3DOOM + DN3DOOM Textures + DarkdoomZ
Edited by <<Rewind

Honestly, I think the most fun I've had with an odd mod/wad combination was TVR! coupled with Marines of UAC.

I had so damn much fun with that, TVR! was one of the most impressive of the early Doom 2 megawads that I played, and it's portrayal of semi-realistic cities surpassed Doom 2's attempts at city levels. Add in the "realistic" weapons from MOUAC (which yeah, pretty much all of them were just stolen from Counter-Strike, but it was still fun), and I was in heaven playing through it.

6jRsR1I.jpg

LINK Jovian Palette makes Scythe 2 look like a dream.

LINK SBrightmaps is an essential brightmap enhancement.

LINK DarkDoomZ allows you to customize lighiting for the most convincing nighttime effect.

(Help me find the link) The extraordinary Plutonia skyboxes can be found in this pack. *Important: you should remove sky1 in Slade but it's worth the effort.

LINK Gothic skins don't feel out of place while playing this wad.

Edited by <<Rewind