Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

How old are you ?

How old are you ?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you, Doomworld member ?

• Under 20
    • 20 +
    • 30 +
    • 40 +
    • 50 +

3 hours ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

I am gonna be honest: I expected more old members here or at least that they have a good chunk of the chart.

With the way the poll is worded, anyone older than 20 can select 20+ and it is still technically the truth.

Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five Five five five five

Seems we had this thread before somehow....

I turned 54 in February.

4 hours ago, Steve D said:

And I'm still mapping. So many projects left to do, so much still to learn. :)

Yes, so many projects to work on and things to complain about. :D

I'm 23 years old on my passport, but mentally between 5 and 12-16 years old.

1 hour ago, Dark Pulse said:

*Presses X*

That game had an immense amount of impact on me in my earlier years.  I still love it (minus the horrendous controls).

Just now, Remilia Scarlet said:

That game had an immense amount of impact on me in my earlier years.  I still love it (minus the horrendous controls).

Here's to hoping for a reverse-engineered port to PC someday. I'd love to play it on something with less janky controls.

9 hours ago, pcorf said:

I'm sure most are in the 13-20 age bracket. I was 14 when I started creating maps, now 38 and still kicking away.

Keep on kicking away Paul. :D

5 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Seems we had this thread before somehow....

I turned 54 in February.

at first I was like "54 and calls himself a dude?!" and then I remembered how long ago the 70's where.

8 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

at first I was like "54 and calls himself a dude?!" and then I remembered how long ago the 70's where.

and then I remembered that the 70s weren't 54 years ago, and only 50-41.

What are you hiding Kalaeth?!?

6 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I turned 54 in February.

Yes, so many projects to work on and things to complain about. :D

54? Thank God there's someone here close to my age! ;)

And yes, the complaining must be savored.

44 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

Well the name was just something I pulled out of the air when I joined Newdoom in 2000 and didn't think it was gonna be something id have for 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Steve D said:

54? Thank God there's someone here close to my age! ;)

And yes, the complaining must be savored.

I got your back if these punk kids all start going feral. ;)

3 hours ago, ClumsyDoomer said:

This is supposed to be the most vibrant and exciting age, and i'm genuinely scared of the future now

Dont let them fool you, your 20s are probably the scariest/toughest but at the same time, the best, cause it's yout best chance to decide how you wanna see yourself when old :D Go for it champ.

11 minutes ago, Jon said:

I’m really surprised by the results of this 

Were you expecting a higher number in their 30’s and 40’s? I have no way of proving it, but my theory is the average age would have been a bit older before Doom 4 came along.

24 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Were you expecting a higher number in their 30’s and 40’s? I have no way of proving it, but my theory is the average age would have been a bit older before Doom 4 came along.

I suspect this is true too.  Five years ago I reckon the age ranges would have been skewed a little higher (even despite everyone being five years younger).

Personally I'm 35, and unlike many people here I actually about feel my age!  Heh.