Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

9 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

I started a map for testing textures. I happened to make some ruined brick and some grass sprites and then this happened.

9iDtzUO.jpg

2w5XK4h.jpg

QNAbK6d.jpg

This should be illegal.

It's too great.

uVAP4fP.jpg

I would like to ask, is this problem with disappearing textures accounted for by the quirky map design elements? I mean, that's what I think but I wanna make sure. I would want to know if there was a way to fix this because it appears on different wads.

14 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Is that Plutonia 2? Are you running into Plutonia iwad instead of doom2 one?

Yes I am.. I was afraid you'd ask. Like I said, you can see this on other wads too, Sunlust map 1 for example. 

12 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

[Akeldama, MAP20]

That's great! Is that the kind of softdrink they serve with their meals at Caco Bell?

3 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

@<<Rewind Does it also happen when not using any mods?

Yes indeed, Plutonia 2 map02.

BIwM5u9.jpg

The Refined Treasury Of Doom (work in progress).

I felt like doing more cover art. If you want me to include some wad, feel free to suggest something.

3 minutes ago, <<Rewind said:

Yes indeed, Plutonia 2 map02.

BIwM5u9.jpg

The Refined Treasury Of Doom (work in progress).

I felt like doing more cover art. If you want me to include some wad, feel free to suggest something.

Wow! This are handmade by you ? Goddamn they look metal af. Pretty damn awesome. I really love cover-art and I feel is kinda underrated.

I would suggest:

- Japanese Community Project: The original cover art is pretty damn cool.

- 2002 A Doom Odyssey

- Brigandine

- Miasma

There's a looot more of cool cover art out there, but those are some of the first that come to mind. Keep the good work, looks great. Btw, how do you do it ?

1 minute ago, Endless said:

Wow! This are handmade by you ? Goddamn they look metal af. Pretty damn awesome. I really love cover-art and I feel is kinda underrated.

I would suggest:

- Japanese Community Project: The original cover art is pretty damn cool.

- 2002 A Doom Odyssey

- Brigandine

- Miasma

There's a looot more of cool cover art out there, but those are some of the first that come to mind. Keep the good work, looks great. Btw, how do you do it ?

Thank you, glad you like them. You may check the previous page in this thread where I posted more. I may actually be influenced by metal covers indeed, haha. I'll make sure to include at least one of those you want next because I agree they're very good wads.

5 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

uVAP4fP.jpg

I would like to ask, is this problem with disappearing textures accounted for by the quirky map design elements? I mean, that's what I think but I wanna make sure. I would want to know if there was a way to fix this because it appears on different wads.

AlFVF5U.png

If you're talking about the start pedestal, that's "0" brightness around the diamond which has both high brightness and glow effect, so you don't see the texture around but just the diamond. It's a Plutonia thing. In other wads, it may be a full black texture, mappers typically use this to simulate void, or could be some low light effect depending on the case, or that same Plutonia start point.

6 hours ago, Master O said:

@<<Rewind

What's "The Refined Treasury Of Doom"?

It's a CD-ROM compilation with megawads. Just kidding it's just the name of the fan art. Doom wads don't come with album covers so I'm doing best I can to provide some. If this title sounds somewhat dumb then let me know because I honestly can't tell. Hm, now to think of it, such covers would look quite nice in a booklet for a wad CD-ROM.

10 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

It's a CD-ROM compilation with megawads. Just kidding it's just the name of the fan art. Doom wads don't come with album covers so I'm doing best I can to provide some. If this title sounds somewhat dumb then let me know because I honestly can't tell. Hm, now to think of it, such covers would look quite nice in a booklet for a wad CD-ROM.

May I suggest Ancient Aliens to be added?

@BluePineapple72

Yeah, currently have Eviternity, Ancient Aliens, BTSX 1&2, Sunlust, Sunder, Sigil, JCP, Valiant, Scythe 2, Plutonia 2, Alien Vendetta, Age Of Hell, Dark Universe, Hellscape, Nova III, Paradise, Deus Vult 2

9 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

By the way. Elswhere, somebody wondered what Phage meant. From wikipedia:

It is a working title, tho I kinda like it.

I dig it. Sounds unique and attractive, if I were to change it a bit, I would probably just add another word for easier vocalization. Kinda like: Necro Phage of Demon Phage. Something like that, you get the idea. Just my small tip! Do as you like :D

Thanks Endless. Tho I don't know about it being too great. :)

Well yeah? Uh-uh, I do know mister, and it looks great. Just keep it going and watch your baby grow into something fantastic!

33 minutes ago, Endless said:

I dig it. Sounds unique and attractive, if I were to change it a bit, I would probably just add another word for easier vocalization. Kinda like: Necro Phage of Demon Phage. Something like that, you get the idea. Just my small tip! Do as you like :D

Yeah, maybe Demon Phage or somethin. Not sure yet. :)

By the way, @Tango that looks cool man. :D

Edited by Doom_Dude

Does anyone else get those random moments in life where you're spontaneously filled with inspiration and you go nuts trying to be creative for like half an hour or so? Cause I just had one and I decided to use it on my TMoD project and I made this cute little building. :3

Screenshot_Doom_20200630_021816.png.83948c5e0ecb0cc47bc0bb8e05803e49.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200630_021835.png.ea67614f03901560e1b6a5a86097f61d.png

Cool looking torch in AV. Just started this megawad recently and I can see why it has such a legendary status.

C1BUqth.png

1 hour ago, HQDefault said:

So uh

Someone might've already tried doing this, but...

I had a fun idea for a megawad

I'm gonna merge Doom 1 and 2 maps together

I call it "Maximum Doomage"

Also on a mildly interesting note, here's the size of Nuclear Plant compared to Underhalls

Capture.PNG.37e0d0a534566a1ae80538afe63fb54d.PNG