Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

How often do you post on Doomworld?

on average, how many posts do you approximately make a day? I've been here for more than 2 months now, and I have over 570 posts. by that logic,  I made about 7 and a half posts per day. what is your average post rate? 

I dunno, I think pretty high, not sure.

It largely depends on whether I have anything to contribute to a discussion or just something to ramble, if I do, I post, if I don't, I won't. As much as spammy as I can be sometimes, I do very much try to refrain from "doomposting".

Every time the word source port is found on a page, i have to post.

So the source port section we have is truly the bane of my existence.

7 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

I only post once a week. See you guys again next week.

That does not have to take long if you post on Monday.

Weird flex, if that.

A few weeks ago I could've said daily, but now it's not exactly so, since I've decided to not really write daily for the doomworld megawad club.

Sometimes I decide to respond to other threads which I want to say something in, but sometimes I write something up and then never end up posting it for whatever reason.

My posting pace will go further downhill in the future, I can sense it.

1 minute ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

This is my first post. Hi everyone!

yep. image.png.219b51d7100938128cb1c50cc8f620db.png

It depends on if I have something to contribute, but a few times at least per week

3 hours ago, Ninja_of_DooM said:

According to my history it can be a matter of years. :p

See you again next year Ninja_of_Doom. ;)

I've been posting a lot lately. But, I made my account 17 years ago, and I only have 1500 posts. Because of that my "average" rate is only about 90 posts per year, or .25 posts per day. Of course, that's because I didn't visit the site or at least didn't post for many years in between. These days I tend to write at least one asshole comment per day... usually more

i usually restrain myself from comment innecesary things.
Like this.

But sometimes i can't...

Now i feel bad...

I've been feeling generally discouraged from posting here lately, I certainly don't post as much as I used to.

I just cracked a thousand posts as of like last week, and I've been here since March of last year.  Healthy or not?  You be the judge

I've had my account for nearly 11 years, and only have 200-ish posts, so take that as you will. I'm kinda glad I wasn't posting anything besides idgames reviews in my account's earliest days, as I was still a dumb teenager when I made the account in 2009, and I remember already spamming the hell out of a few other non-doom related forums back then.

Nowadays, I tend to spend more time interacting with my online friends I've met over the past decade or so from games like Team Fortress 2, than I do posting on forums.

I still visit doomworld a lot, though, as I do like to keep up with whats happening in the community in regards to wads and source ports, and many discussions here are very fascinating to read.