Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

Wow, he plagiarized Winterfeldt's cheated NM run? Is that like a double negative and they cancel out?

DSDA was updated with all of the demos submitted in May.

Please verify that all of your demos are in order. Post here or PM if there's anything missing / mistakes.

If everything is OK, we'll continue to upload demos for the month of June asap.

My eviltech demo is missing, and also my posts in this thread, 24th May and 28th May, were ignored.

Both Alfonzone EPs from May's demo competition are missing. Would require uploading the wad (or rather pk3) to DSDA.

On 6/29/2020 at 12:15 AM, vdgg said:

My eviltech demo is missing, and also my posts in this thread, 24th May and 28th May, were ignored.

Fixes are not necessarily done at the same time as new runs are uploaded, so they might take some time to be done.

Anyway I've fixed what I could fix from your posts and those of other people for the last 3 pages or so of this thread.

Will continue with the June uploads soon.

On 7/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, Coincident said:

I've fixed what I could fix from your posts and those of other people for the last 3 pages or so of this thread.

This hasn't been addressed yet:

On 6/11/2020 at 5:29 AM, Never_Again said:

On the Vilcore page all of MT's demos as well as Opulent's MAP32 one are for the original version (2000) and desync with the final version (2003) since the latter had the nodes rebuilt on all maps. It would probably be best to split off the 2000 version with its 34 demos.

MT's 15:00 MAP32 run needs the "Plays back with map32.wad" comment.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, Never_Again said:

MT's 15:00 MAP32 run needs the "Plays back with map32.wad" comment.

I missed this one, sorry. Should be fixed now.

On 6/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, Never_Again said:

On the Vilcore page all of MT's demos as well as Opulent's MAP32 one are for the original version (2000) and desync with the final version (2003) since the latter had the nodes rebuilt on all maps. It would probably be best to split off the 2000 version with its 34 demos.

Changes like these need to be discussed/coordinated with the rest of the team.

What to do with YouTube links on my movies? Should I put a link in each text file to have it placed in my demo spreadsheet?

7 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

What to do with YouTube links on my movies? Should I put a link in each text file to have it placed in my demo spreadsheet?

Those are not being used at the moment. But if you have a youtube link I'd recommend that you put it in the text file so people can go there. Also that information in the txt file may be used later.

In other news, DSDA was updated with all of the demos submitted in June.

Please verify that all of your demos are in order. Post here or PM if there's anything missing / mistakes.

If everything is OK, soon we will continue to upload demos for the month of July until the present day.

The missing Eviltech and Alfonzone demos have been uploaded.

There's still a couple of missing demos from the Miscellaneous thread and the heretic/hexen threads that we'll be working on soon.

My inf-lutz E3M2 Pacifist is under UV-Speed which is a problem since the goal was to beat the pacifist time :^)

14 hours ago, elmle said:

My inf-lutz E3M2 Pacifist is under UV-Speed which is a problem since the goal was to beat the pacifist time :^)

Apologies. The distinction between UV Speed and Pacifist is still somewhat manual, so mistakes like this can happen. Fixed.

10 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Accidentally picked up this error:

JPCP Map19 UV Max by Tatsurd-cacocaco is cl2 instead of cl4.

That demo was indeed recorded with -complevel 4, so the info on DSDA is correct. In this case it makes no difference because the demo plays back exactly the same with complevel 2 or 4.
But it might be a good idea to message Tatsurd-cacocaco about it, to prevent mistakes in the future.

Opps! Sorry for mistakes. Recently I seldom use prboom-plus for recording, then I recorded a demo with previous setting for Plutonia 2. As a corrective measure, bat files will be separated according to complevels from now on.

I made a thread in Source Port board about a recently discovered issue with PrBoom's misbehaving Advanced HUD and automap/levelstat counters for killed and remaining/total monsters in maps containing MBF friendly monsters. This is directly related to an issue on which there is no ruling so far - should max runners count these MBF friendly monsters like the others and ensure they're all dead before the map exit? The answer to this question should determine how this engine issue should be fixed, for sake of giving speedrunners some easily-trackable metrics on whether they've met the criteria for max run or not, so I urge all interested people to present arguments on which option makes more sense.

1 hour ago, tchkb said:

I made a thread in Source Port board about a recently discovered issue with PrBoom's misbehaving Advanced HUD and automap/levelstat counters for killed and remaining/total monsters in maps containing MBF friendly monsters. This is directly related to an issue on which there is no ruling so far - should max runners count these MBF friendly monsters like the others and ensure they're all dead before the map exit? The answer to this question should determine how this engine issue should be fixed, for sake of giving speedrunners some easily-trackable metrics on whether they've met the criteria for max run or not, so I urge all interested people to present arguments on which option makes more sense.

This isn't really a dsda topic, I'd recommend opening up a separate thread for visibility, or maybe @dew could just move this.

- Fixed a small bug where long notes were stretching the table (most noticeably, grazza's page)

- All of almostmatt1's demos have been marked as suspect after he was caught cheating. He was confronted about this a couple months ago but has since gone dark and never gave an explanation, so there isn't much we can do about it.

We've made some improvements to the process that make it easier to deal with different versions of wads, so we're going to change our stance a bit to be more accepting of demos recorded on wads that aren't on idgames yet, and for preserving old runs that end up desyncing.

For wads that aren't on idgames:

DO: record on wads that were marked final by the author and haven't been touched in a while (months) - maybe the author doesn't care about uploading to idgames, we can assume / hope they won't release another patch.

DON'T: record on wads still in beta, or that have seen a version release very recently (we've all seen the quick hotfixes and patch creep).

If you are hasty about recording for something that recently had an update, we will most likely delay uploading it for some time.

The general goal here is to minimize the cases where we have to split pages due to desyncs. This makes it a bit harder to track things.

A future improvement will be adding old version links to wad pages, so someone looking at a page could more easily discover old runs that now desync, without polluting a single table with demos that require different versions.

It has come to my attention that the wad Fragport has more than one version, I just wanted to point out that my recent D2ALL(page 54 in the misc thread) was recorded on the 2011 idgames version.

NEIS! 1.3 vs 1.4

Everything should work with 1.3 except the latest E2M6 demo.

I checked which don't work with 1.4. I checked every Ep2,3,4 demo if it produces an exit with the correct time. For Ep1 I assume there should be no issues if the Max Movie doesn't go out of sync with either version.

The good news is, there are only three demos that require 1.3: both maxes for E2M4 and the max for E2M9.

3 hours ago, vdgg said:

NEIS! 1.3 vs 1.4

I checked which don't work with 1.4. I checked every Ep2,3,4 demo if it produces an exit with the correct time. For Ep1 I assume there should be no issues if the Max Movie doesn't go out of sync with either version.

The good news is, there are only three demos that require 1.3: both maxes for E2M4 and the max for E2M9.

Thanks for investigating this! We will get the page reorganized soon :^)

7 hours ago, vdgg said:

NEIS! 1.3 vs 1.4

The NEIS pages should be split now with the demos for E2M4 and E2M9 on the 2017 version

On 8/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, vdgg said:

Tantrum 2: Andy Kempling misses one monster

Echelon: MAP13 UV Speed has a year set to 2003 instead of 2016

These updates should be done.

Grazza's demo on hate misses one secret... The text file mentions that. It was a common practice in Opulent times to pass such demos as Max (the player picks up the secret rocket launcher but doesn't enter the alcove correctly and secret is not registered).