Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigbuttbirch

PLEASE HELP!!! ZDoom and csdoom

Hello all, I have csdoom and zdoom newly installed, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong here. I want to run a game as a server so I go to dos prompt and type

doomsv.exe -file somewad.wad

to play a map that I downloaded, but the server will never load the wad, and goes straight to the levels supplied from doom2.wad! In other words, using the -file extension doesn't seem to do anything. But as doomsv is loading in, it gives a "loading somewad.wad..." so I know it loaded it. Can someone please help me? I am at wits end.

Nightmare, that's probably the answer. He should be aware of that though, if he has played that download with zdoom. So bigguy, if that's right, you also need the -warp xx argument in the startup.

Hi there,
I'm quite sure that it's level 01. When I run

zdoom -file somewad.wad

It runs the wad just fine, its just that the program doomsv (which comes with csdoom) refuses to use any wads other than doom2.wad, so my server will only play doom2.wad. Anybody else had this happen with csdoom?

OK, I downloaded ZDaemon as well, and I have the same problem. It just won't run any wads other than doom2.wad. I'm a newbie, so I may be doing something totally wrong, but I can't figure this out to save my life. What am I doing wrong?

Everything sounds right, as long as csdoom can "see" that added wad from where you issue the startup commands. The path, in other words.
Are you starting the server from the DOS prompt, or a shortcut? If from a DOS prompt, make sure that the added wad is in the csdoom folder, and CD (change directory) to that folder in DOS, then issue the startup command like you said. If using a shortcut, check the properties, make sure the "Start in" line points to the csdoom folder.

If you still don't find the problem, please send me the wad at mjblakely@earthlink.net and I'll try to see what's up.