Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redneckerz

The Linguica Archive: As Vanilla as it can be

That's quite an impressive compilation you pieced together there. Even if not entirely within the spirit of the thread, it may perhaps still be worth adding the movement bible to the bonus section, since it is partially related to the maps based on elastic collisions, for example.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

That's quite an impressive compilation you pieced together there. Even if not entirely within the spirit of the thread, it may perhaps still be worth adding the movement bible to the bonus section, since it is partially related to the maps based on elastic collisions, for example.

Its probably not everything, i just covered everything ending with .wad, .zip or had an URL as link (Linguica's a fan of that i can tell)

Regarding the Movement Bible: Good thinking, added.

It might be. Let's have the real expert weigh in.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:31 PM, Linguica said:

4 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

It might be. Let's have the real expert weigh in.

Interesting. Which thread originated that from?

Beaten to it. For future reference, there's a curved arrow in the top right of quote boxes that'll take you straight to the original post.

26 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Ahhh that one. I thought it was from Linguica judging by the gif, but its Fraggle's. Yeah, that's neat. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

Beaten to it. For future reference, there's a curved arrow in the top right of quote boxes that'll take you straight to the original post.

I looked at the url and couldn't see a thread name (Just links to applications) so i thought it linked to the user profile page. Thanks for mentioning!

23 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

My good pal TDRR! It didn't register to me since its not by the official author, but yes, that brings part of the BD experience to Vanilla.

A few patches are lost however, but BD Dehacked and VBrutal Doom are still there :)

Some excellent responses, thank you for helping out :)

Edited by Redneckerz

On 6/30/2020 at 4:38 PM, Redneckerz said:

Colormap, falls off

Hey, the download link there is broken, and the .wad included in the .ZIP archive is actually just the HTML 404 page.

8 hours ago, Nikku4211 said:

Hey, the download link there is broken,

You will have to ask Linguica for that - It should be included in the Archive zip.

With that said, it makes the following confusing:

8 hours ago, Nikku4211 said:

and the .wad included in the .ZIP archive is actually just the HTML 404 page.

Are you saying that colormaps.wad in my zip file is the 404 page?

Because when i click on the link, it leads to a 404 page. Not that it has anything to do with my zip.

8 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Really useful page to use as a reference, Redneckerz.

I thought it said "The Linguica Archvile" when I clicked the thread though, so I'm somewhat disappointed. 

That is a missed opportunity indeed. Given Ling's experiments with Archie, it would have been fitting. Oh well. Better be mediocre all the time than a legend once. :P

10 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Are you saying that colormaps.wad in my zip file is the 404 page?

Because when i click on the link, it leads to a 404 page. Not that it has anything to do with my zip.

I'm saying that both the original link is broken, and the .WAD in your .ZIP is a mislabeled HTML 404 page.

BrokenWAD.png.43e07294802465a0b62e44484d1f7cf4.png

Shoutout to Maël Hörz for making HxD for me to check files.

23 minutes ago, Nikku4211 said:

I'm saying that both the original link is broken, and the .WAD in your .ZIP is a mislabeled HTML 404 page.

BrokenWAD.png.43e07294802465a0b62e44484d1f7cf4.png

Shoutout to Maël Hörz for making HxD for me to check files.

That is most bizarre, because i didnt do anything to the wad besides archiving it. Pinging @Linguica, is this an hidden experiment?

1 minute ago, Redneckerz said:

That is most bizarre, because i didnt do anything to the wad besides archiving it. Pinging @Linguica, is this an hidden experiment?

I've been in similar situations. Sometimes it's because I'm trying to save the link's target as a file when it's an HTML 404 page, or sometimes the browser I use for whatever reason automatically tries to save the link's target as a file when it's an HTML 404 page. Usually something like that.

After all, the post is from many years ago...

On 8/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, Redneckerz said:

Nope. I can only imagine I deleted it from my web space for some reason I can't fathom. The hex edit is clearly a plain old 404 link. From looking at the link I literally pasted in the simple Python code I used to generate the colormap so I don't think it's a huge loss.