Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

The poll of the century

preferred beverage to have with breakfast?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. preferred beverage to have with breakfast?

this may be the most important poll in Doomworld history, what beverage do you prefer with breakfast?

Coffee! I have 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day. I have a cup as soon as I get up and then have another a little later when I have breakfast, but sometimes I'll drink a cup of water instead when I eat. Then sometime in the afternoon I'll have a cup and then one in the evening. I do like tea but it's pretty rare that I'll drink it. Orange juice I cut out because of the sugar. I rarely drink milk.

(Almost) anything is okay with me, but I usually sip some milk (chocolate and strawberry milk guy here). In case of no milk, I go with tea.

Nothing helps me start my day better than that first cup of coffee in the morning with some peanut-butter toast. I restrict myself to only 2 cups a day and I used to have the second cup at night, but that's a long-time habit I've been very much trying to kick these days, so I'll usually have that second cup in the morning after the first.

Edited by Biodegradable

a large cup of coffee IS my breakfast. Back when, in the long gone before covid I'd always have a cup at home and then I'd take a liquid yogurt to drink on the way to work.

But my favorite beverage to accompany breakfast is actually a beer. Mostly because I only drink a beer at breakfast while on a festival (hair of the dog kinda thing)

Water. I can't have anything else when I'm eating breakfast.

Water gang rise up!

2 hours ago, kalaeth said:

a large cup of coffee IS my breakfast. Back when, in the long gone before covid I'd always have a cup at home and then I'd take a liquid yogurt to drink on the way to work.

But my favorite beverage to accompany breakfast is actually a beer. Mostly because I only drink a beer at breakfast while on a festival (hair of the dog kinda thing)

That reminds me! When I was a kid, in the summer we'd go on camping trips, sometimes a friend of my dad would meet up with us and I clearly remember the guy cracking open a beer while frying eggs and bacon in the morning. I never knew anybody else to do that. Which reminds of that Johnny Cash song where he sings, "And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad. So I had one more for dessert."

I am disappointed with the lack of alcoholic options.....

For the record I went for tea, coffee is perfectly fine though.

What if you don't have breakfast? My first meal of the day is a solitary terrible cup of instant coffee made by a man who puts the Water in first (the absolute criminal).

So yeah vote for coffee I guess.

I usually have coffee, preferably with ice like a proper American. Sometimes my stomach protests so I'll have water also.

When I was in college though, the dining hall had a lot of self serve stuff including soda fountains. Also I didn't even drink coffee back then. So yeah, I used to drink Coke all day every day, even at breakfast, to my friends' astonishment. Only reason I don't still do that is because I don't stock my fridge with soda. Otherwise I just can't help myself. I blame my parents for always having a two liter around.

Coffee. Every morning. For the past ~15 years.

A&W Diet Root Beer. It doesn't matter whether I'm making fried or scrambled eggs, or huge Teriyaki Chicken sandwiches, my main drink is the root beer. But it's not enough for me. I need massive hydration, so after I finish the meal I have a glass of chilled tea that I put in the freezer for 10 minutes after having it in the fridge for a few hours. And after that, I may have a couple cups of Ocean Spray Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice. It takes me a good 45 minutes to prepare and consume all of that. ;D

Coffee is my breakfast! Often a quick Keurig just to get things moving and then make a proper pot of decent stuff. Often Tanzanian Peaberry, but I keep a variety of others in the cupboard too.

Sometimes, particularly when travelling (if anyone can still remember what that is...) I'll have Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee. It's surprisingly good coffee, and packs well and tastes good from a chiller box or from the fridge.

Black Tea is my go to.  I love coffee as well, but the caffeine in coffee gives me palpitations.  Although Tea also can have caffeine I feel like it's less concentrated.