Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I will be responsible for opening up the portal to hell in 2022. 

also, I scored the best score ever in 5th grade from my school to get into the gifted and talented program. Although, my school had been only 13 years old at the time, but still, that hundreds of kids that I beat! 

I've no idea what happened, but since yesterday I've had a headsplitting headache. I could barely sleep last night, and I think I also had fever, but not sure.

The headache is still lingering, but it's far less brutal now than it was yesterday.

2 hours ago, seed said:

I've no idea what happened, but since yesterday I've had a headsplitting headache. I could barely sleep last night, and I think I also had fever, but not sure.

The headache is still lingering, but it's far less brutal now than it was yesterday.

it's called an hangover Seed, and it's why you shouldn't drink two bottles of vodka after dinner and then blast black metal at high volumes on the morning.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, Dragonfly said:

I was the same until this year. Out of nowhere I've been suffering hay fever symptoms pretty intensely out of seemingly nowhere.

I think it's all over now for this year, it seems. I mowed the grass and did outside yard stuff without the mask and had no symptoms.

1 minute ago, Vic Vos said:

Fixed up an old cassette player. Need to buy a soldering station soon.

I love cassette tapes too! Though it's been a long time since I last played on cassette stuff.

Did 60kg max with the butterfly device. Can't remember what was my max with it pre covid. Current bench press max, 58.5kg, is still 4kg away from my pre covid max. Started too heavy with leg exercises and now they've been complete mush for some week. My body weight is back to my pre covid weight, 72kg, thanks to my experimental 10 eggs oven pancake. Normally I've only put like 4 eggs.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:47 PM, InDOOMnesia said:

I love cassette tapes too! Though it's been a long time since I last played on cassette stuff.

I still have mine too, it's as old as me now, if not actually older, and it has a CD player as well, which is where I listen to my CDs naturally. It also has radio.

But since it was barely used, you can never tell its age, it literally still looks brand new due to the conditions it was kept in.

Tapes however, never been fond of them, they could easily get stuck in the player sometimes, and the audio quality was pretty bad, definitely prefer vinyls and CDs over them.

5 hours ago, seed said:

Tapes however, never been fond of them, they could easily get stuck in the player sometimes, and the audio quality was pretty bad, definitely prefer vinyls and CDs over them.

This might come as a shocker to people but cassetes weren't actually that bad. Cassetes sounded bad mostly because of the quality of the device they were played and/or recorded in and not because of the medium itself.

This is mostly for the "cassete gang" above, but I think anyone who is enough of a tech nerd would find this interesting.

I say you watch at least the "showcase near the end" that really serves as a display of the cassete sound quality

It does a brief historic retrospective, explains some very neat technical stuff, why it "sounds bad" and finally shows how good sound quality it can produce.

This might come as an unpopular opinion but out of all the now old audio media (not regarding cd) I prefer cassete tapes the most, even above vinyls. They took much less space, they had quite comparable sound quality, they were cheaper, very resilient to damage (except for when it came to that time when the player chocked and spit all the tape, forcing you to pull it back in with the pencil :P) and were even Recordable, which was the best deal for me.

I know there are some recordable vinyls out there, but they are really impractical

P.S.: For everyone interested, here's the original song used for the audio shocase of the video

Edited by Lokatzis 007 CJ : Added the youtube link to the showcase song

Earlier today I got 20 minutes into a 30 minute drive before realising I didn't have a key I'd need when I arrived at my destination. Cue a 40-minute detour back home to get the key and get back to where I was in the original journey, before finally arriving and doing what I was there to do.

I felt like I needed to confess that stupidity in a public forum. This will suffice!

Sheesh Phobus! Reminds me of the time I finished work at 1am and had to hand the key in for the bothy we have in town. I'm a bus driver. I got home, 15 minutes though so not so bad, only to realise i still had the bothy key, which would be needed for 5am so the first diver into town could open the bothy up. So 2am and I'm finally getting to bed. And now I'm tired just thinking about that. Oh the late finishes!

As for my random fact, well...in preparation for moving to my new home next month I decided I better root around under the bed, since that's where a whole load of old junk tends to get shoved. I found some old figures of Snake and Meryl from MGS in the wee display case they came in, along with all the weapons and accessories. Poseable too. I wonder if it'd be worth much. I also found 7 boxes of various Magic the gathering cards that someone gave to me a while before I left the airforce. I've never counted, but there have to be hundreds of the damn things. I've no idea why he gave them to me, I don't play. Free stuff, I guess? 

I love board games and card games.

I prefer them more than hanging out to drink or anything.
Being a celiac doesn't help as most beer are made with barley malt and its one of the things that could poison me to death :/

Edited by P41R47

Well yeah, you're kinda buggered if you're like that. Not that I'm much different. My drinking days stopped in my early twenties, like 23 or so. It got boring. I tried it again in the airforce, but it mostly ended up being a night in a club with expensive drinks, people shouting at each other over the loud, shitty music, and any topic of conversation being about work anyway. Yay.... That said, I do remember my 18th. We were at a pool bar in town, just me and a couple of my friends. They went to buy me a drink for the occasion and I remember each time I looked down at the bar, the lass was reaching for a different bottle and adding some to the glass. In the end it was blue, tasted like the worst cough medicine, and was warm to the touch. Apple sourz, absinthe, and at least 4 other things went into that thing. It did not stay in my stomach for long! These days I'm more partial to a good cold beer or a whiskey.

Oh and a fact: I once had to abseil off a cliff retrieve a fallen climber while on mountain rescue who had fallen so far that when he reached the end of the rope he stopped so hard that he folded like a book, snapped his spine. It was so surreal at first I didn't realise how nasty it was until I got back to the top. His friend, who I picked up nearer the top on the way down, was luckier and just needed set up start to climbing back up again. Gravity's a bitch.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:45 AM, MadeMan said:

A Neighbor's Dog Bit A Part Of My Right Ear When I Was 4 Years Old.

Painful things do happen in our childhood, don't they?

I had my hand squeezed hard because some stupid guest tried to close the door when I had my hand in between. But that's not it! He kept applying a lot of force on the door looking in the other direction. 5 year old me was shouting at the top of my lungs but that guy didn't realise it was me. It went on for 10-20 seconds until someone else noticed me. I don't recall what happened after that. Either way it was one of the most painful moments of my life.

Fuck guests. Especially when they bring their children with them. I get one chocolate a month and most of the time my mom gives it away to a guest's child when they arrive. And I don't like talking to strangers. I hate having to be ultra-formal to avoid punishments and when their children scramble everything in my room and I have to clean it up. When they break something the blame goes to me and my parents shit on me. Not to mention children have stolen 10 of my Hot Wheels cars among others.

But at least my PC is safe, they don't even know what to do and how to do on it. :D

I dislike cheese, but Ritz sandwich crackers remains one of my all-time favorite snacks.

I also dislike cheese and refrain from drinking soda, my friends can't seem to understand my personal tastes lol

1 minute ago, Starduster said:

I can solve a Rubik's cube in 11 to 10 seconds.

Even with a guide it takes me an embarrassing amount of time. I've always been impressed with and jealous of people with that kind of mind.

10 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

Even with a guide it takes me an embarrassing amount of time. I've always been impressed with and jealous of people with that kind of mind.

I started the same way. But after getting the basic beginner method down, you can learn more advanced methods like CFOP and get down to under 10 seconds with practice.

I have two to share!

1. I have severe hearing loss, but I wear hearing aids.
  2. I also always hated hot sauce and couldn't stand even mild hot sauce, until I loved the taste of jalapenos and built up tolerance to it and now I put it on my tacos, sandwiches, my homemade italian cheesebread etc. Damn I love hot sauce now, as long as it's flavorful! I also like habanero to an extent now too, but I need milk for that and I prefer the taste of jalapeno anyway. I can hardly taste the flavor of habanero.

The cube thing reminds me of something else, not particularly interesting I guess, but hey, the topic is for "random facts" isn't it?

I usually avoid playing puzzle games, be they virtual or whatever. Not because I hate or dislike them, on the contrary, but because I am very obtuse and slow when it comes to these sort of games, and I notice that most of the time I fail at them because I make obvious but supremely stupid mistakes.

I have also noticed this is too easy a method to get mad at myself as well, I just absolutely can't stand watching myself making mistakes, especially not the dumb kind, they're a very efficient method to trigger my complexes for some reason.