Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LexiMax

Meh...DM Map slowdown.

I've noticed that lately, there has been less and less DM maps in /newstuff. Sure, the last one had a DM map, but it required a source port because of the bridge.

Are there any oldschool DM mappers out there anymore? Or am I the only one sticking to the stuff that is handed to me?

Note that I'm not saying one is better than the other, I just want to know if there are people still DM mapping with little added on stuff.

My project will include half a dozen DM maps in addition to the SP maps (all v1.9 compatible.) Generally DM maps are produced among groups of players, unlike SP maps, that designers produce somewhat more independently. I think there is a slight lull in the DM scene now, for some reason, and people are concentrating more on SP, but SP has always been more productive than DM, so this can only be a slight lapse.

AlexMax said:

Are there any oldschool DM mappers out there anymore? Or am I the only one sticking to the stuff that is handed to me?

Yeah, I'm making a great big DM map pack for vanilla Doom in my spare editing time..which is minimal right now. I'll release it sometime!

Use3D said:

Yeah, I'm making a great big DM map pack for vanilla Doom in my spare editing time..which is minimal right now. I'll release it sometime!

DOOM or DOOM2? And what has been completed already?

Doom2, and 5 maps are finished. New textures, but that's about it. the maps range in size so far from 4 - 6 players ffa. I've played them a few times on my lan with friends, and with bots. They run good, I usually don't make DM maps but I think I might have a knack for it.

I don't want to sound negative, but there are literally hundreds of great DOOM dm maps out already.
DM maps are fun and easy to create, but I don't think we really ever need any more of them.
(although, I must say Lee's recent xfire maps were superb)

I made an oldshcool DM map, but you need a resource wad that I made for Abydian. (maybe you won't need it.) :)

Yep. Way too many.

Problem is that nobody plays them because they are only singular maps and not in a megawad or anything. I've released single DM maps before, and have gotten good reviews, but occationally JUST OCCATIONALLY I would like to DM on them myself with more than one person. :)

And I feel like most megawads have a few symetrical maps just as space filler that could have been easily filled by another good map.