Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vic Vos

Doom Eternal - News

21 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Quick switching  weapons seems fucked, even  In singleplayer. Anyone else notice?

Doesn't seem to to me.

That cosplay skin is funny but the QCon podium still has the fake screenshots?

Also, the classic/retro podium is neat too, even if it's weird that the overall shape of it has titled textures instead of its being 100% straight like how classic Doom sectors work, so it's more GZDoom like.

Also, the blurspheres being used as props instead of the evil eye candles but now i'm just being a weird nerd over it.

The Revenant skin looks nice and it's a mix of the classic design and new art style, even if it's weird that it looks grey instead of white due to the silver/metal material of the armor reflecting the light over it.

Besides blocky movement i wonder if classic sounds would be used too.

The more content i see getting added to this game, i wonder if id has some plans for the future to make sure this stuff is well preserved and not lost in time or behind some weird measures to get it.

One of the DLC's will be the cancelled Commander Keen mobile game!

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

One of the DLC's will be the cancelled Commander Keen mobile game!

<glances at that OTHER thread of mine> pls no

So the grayscale skins are an intermission event before the new Series pop out. I thought it'd be a Series in and of itself. Curious that there's only grayscale Mancubus and Pain Elemental in there, so the grayscale Archvile/Revenant/Marauder are either saved for another intermission event, or the devs made all 5 of them, picked out 2 and cut the rest.

18 hours ago, chemo said:

Apparently Update 2 fixed an exploit that allowed players to alternate between and fire weapons faster than intended, and that resulted in some unintended side-effects that just recently had a fix put out for them:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/hgjeaz/update_2_weapon_switching_and_fire_speeds_fix/

This is a good thing. No longer will my health bar seem to vanish before my eyes in battlemode. Quick switching is a great mechanic, and can be fun to fight against; but the previous state of it made it near impossible to play against god-tier slayers. They could simply delete your healthbar if you made even the slightest wrong move. A tremendous pressure has been released on demon players everywhere.

While using the infinite ammo cheat, the Crucible was also infinite. Now it isn't.

There are also new post-processing effects in the settings, which are highly meh. I guess I kinda like the VHS one.

There are color set for the classic Revenant skin based off the sub classes in Doom RPG.

Speaking of underrated games that deserve to return. (i haven't forgotten that project, but still)

revrpg.png

1 hour ago, whatup876 said:

There are color set for the classic Revenant skin based off the sub classes in Doom RPG.

That's actually amazing. I figured Doom RPG would've just been forgotten. Nice to see a reference like that.

On 6/28/2020 at 3:00 PM, Vic Vos said:

While using the infinite ammo cheat, the Crucible was also infinite. Now it isn't.

Really? Boo! Not cool!

It's a cheat. It's not meant to be balanced. Why would they do this?

Another thing that’s popped up as of this update:

You can no longer use Master-tier items with any other tier, so say goodbye to the normal Archvile texting on his phone and any variation of Slayer (other than the Mullet Slayer) sipping boomer juice (I know it’s beer, but I’ve always envisioned the Slayer as sipping on boomer juice).

On 6/28/2020 at 10:00 AM, Vic Vos said:

I just bought this game last week and thought it was intended behavior, you mean to tell me it was ALSO infinite at one point???

This makes me unreasonably angry, I hope this is a bug, and if it is, I hope they actually recognize and fix it.

EDIT: After looking at the patch notes I have reason to believe it's a bug from this change:

• Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations

So yeah, that's kinda stinky. Someone was slacking in QA.

I am having an issue now where the automap ambience loops forever once I open the automap, and it's SERIOUSLY annoying to hear it going all the time under the music. Nothing in the game will ever make it quit, it seems. It can even play during intermissions and at the title screen. Literally the only thing I've been able to do to make it stop is exit the game. I pretty much consider this unplayable just because it's so irritating.

1 hour ago, Quasar said:

I am having an issue now where the automap ambience loops forever once I open the automap, and it's SERIOUSLY annoying to hear it going all the time under the music. Nothing in the game will ever make it quit, it seems. It can even play during intermissions and at the title screen. Literally the only thing I've been able to do to make it stop is exit the game. I pretty much consider this unplayable just because it's so irritating.

Just wow.

I'm having some problems with random slow-downs and crashes on my end.  This game ran absolutely perfectly day 1 and it seems like with every update I have more and more bugs and other issues.

The Ripatorium and the Gunpletionist achievement are still broken in Update 2.

It also seems like id tweaked the Marauder.  You used to be able to kill him with the Unmakyr but he always blocks those shots now.  And the plasma rifle actually seems more viable?

7 hours ago, Quasar said:

You’re not the only one. It’s happened to me as soon as me replaying Cultist Base, and it seems like the only real temporary fix is to do a hard reset on the game.

Either way, this seems to be definitely a bug.

re: The automap music loop bug. 

Yeah, I've had the same issue. I seem to have had some luck getting the music to stop by going back into the automap and waiting several seconds and then exiting the automap again. It seems the act of going back into the automap and re-triggering the music then causes it to cancel itself out. 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, whatup876 said:

Apparently, the tentacles no longer have bubbles near them in Exultia.

Imo, they were barely noticeable anyway. I never even noticed them until a reviewer pointed them out.

I have to say, I think it's a little ridiculous that some of the AI issues present at launch are still in the latest update. Relatively minor one-off issues mostly, but really noticeable ones, like the stupid Mancubus that always gets stuck on the platform in the big hallway near the beginning of Cultist Base. Or how the Doomhunters can get stuck in the chains of the crane platform during the second half of the boss fight in Doomhunter Base. 

2 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Or how the Doomhunters can get stuck in the chains of the crane platform during the second half of the boss fight in Doomhunter Base. 

During my very first PT I got a glitched cutscene which caused the cutscene player model to linger in the world and made the DH fall through the floor, instantly ending the fight and allowing me to jump through the hole in the middle. Luckily the first one didn't magically unclip and I wasn't forced to fight 3 of them at once.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:47 AM, KainXavier said:

It also seems like id tweaked the Marauder.  You used to be able to kill him with the Unmakyr but he always blocks those shots now.  And the plasma rifle actually seems more viable?

Interesting. The Unmakyr being a bit of a disappointment, one would think the anti marauder ability could help justify it. I tried it recently, yeah it didn't work.

On 7/4/2020 at 2:47 PM, KainXavier said:

How is the Ripatorium broken? I haven't noticed any issues with it.

Apparently, there's been multiple reports of hard crashes occurring frequently as well on all platforms; case in point, my game froze at one point when I paused in Cultist Base and I had to reset the game just to get it working again (and this was for Xbox One).

It's even become more prevalent on PC, especially if you have mods involved (and yes, game mods do exist for Eternal).

10 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

How is the Ripatorium broken? I haven't noticed any issues with it.

I haven't been able to access the Ripatorium since Update 1.  (The button prompt to interact with the terminal disappeared.)  Bear in mind this is on Xbox One.  I have no idea if this issue occurs on PC but I've read about other Xbox users having the issue.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:47 AM, KainXavier said:

You used to be able to kill him with the Unmakyr

You can kill him with the BFG with his shields up. I did it yesterday. I was using the infinite ammo cheat to get the challenges done in Taras Nabad. When you encounter the second Marauder after removing the crucible blade from the Titan, I just spammed the BFG and he died after maybe 12 shots. Vapourised 

Uhh, are Barons immune to BFG tendril damage now or some bullshit like that?

I just got killed multiple times on the double Baron/Arachnotron arena in Mars Core, even after softening up the entire arena with a BFG. It seemingly did NOTHING to the health of the Barons. I assume the designers put a BFG cell in that arena for a reason, no? What's the point of doing that if it ends up doing fuck-all?

This is the first playthrough where I've died multiple consecutive times on that arena. I'm feeling irrationally fucking angry about this.

EDIT: I'm sure part of that is due to the beers I consumed before playing, but seriously, wtf.

Edited by Caffeine Freak