Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

The level design in Witchaven may be terrible, but it has its moments, like this lava pool:

amg3Hmw.png

It looks cool, or at least it would look cool if it was on a more visible area, and not behing that rock platform.

My favorite enemy in the game: the Angelfire/Geocities skeleton:

dZ5h113.png

Skeleton pool:

r4xb1E5.png

A level I'm working on for the updated version of the Wolf3D mod Operation Eisenfaust: Origins. I've been hired to do an episode and this map is called "Burning Village":

bv1.png.b9f0b34a1750e0249052333abcb98cfa.png

bv2.png.433d1798c3fc0e119d440fdfb759f3cd.png

it's possible to get that secret by doing careful rampslides off of the building.

You crazy move physics abusers!

On 7/11/2020 at 2:57 PM, cambreaKer said:

20200711185027_1.jpg.9a3ad8c803580f54828c020b2b475d2f.jpg

I assume this is software renderer but still how are the textures so super hyper pixelated?

btw, if I don't recall wrong this is near the black hole generator

it's pretty normal, honestly. the rocket launcher's texture is pretty low-res in general. The top of the hangar doors there are also pretty pixelated due to the texture being scaled up by quite a bit.

hmm... I don't remember them being that pixelated and I did play Q2 under software back in 99 before I got my 3d card.
And just to make sure, I just reinstalled it to compare and it really is not that pixelated or there's something I'm not seeing

rocketlauncher.png

hrm, actually, you're right, it's definitely more pixel-y. If I had to take a guess, that's actually the old GL renderer, which had to downsample non-power of 2 textures, since OpenGL didn't support it at the time. Most models textures are non-power of 2 dimensions, so they suffer the worst.

@Lila Feuer Ah, I see you're using the alpha Shotgun skin. Good choice, I love that model too.

It's really too bad that the model was replaced. The alpha SMG was also cooler, but apparently just the texture was changed, not the model itself, as the alpha texture still fits the model as far as I know.

But if there a reason you're not playing in widescreen?

On 7/14/2020 at 2:18 AM, jupiter_ex said:

hmm... I don't remember them being that pixelated and I did play Q2 under software back in 99 before I got my 3d card.
And just to make sure, I just reinstalled it to compare and it really is not that pixelated or there's something I'm not seeing

rocketlauncher.png

i don't really know why the texture is that pixelated for me, maybe it's because i'm using vkquake 2 (vulkan renderer) with gl_texturemode gl_nearest_mipmap_nearest instead of software mode.

Agreed, fun game, looking forward to play Genesis

dFiUpNh.jpg

skFCjEx.jpg

fgcGras.jpg

N3zTMYO.jpg

Edited by sluggard

16 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Some cool shots I took during Doom 3: The Lost Mission.

You can have the flashlight in hand in the lost mission? Thought it was an "expansion" for BFG edition

12 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - No visuals modifications. Pretty good for a game from 2007.

Absolutely. And to me it shines the most in bigger outdoor areas (I know that picture is kinda outdoors. It's right after passing a train station, before traveling to the area with the biolab)

11 hours ago, cambreaKer said:

i don't really know why the texture is that pixelated for me, maybe it's because i'm using vkquake 2 (vulkan renderer) with gl_texturemode gl_nearest_mipmap_nearest instead of software mode.

Never ran anything under vulkan so I don't know. Strange it didn't even apply a blur filter to the textures.