Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

Oh wow, welcome back. Long time no see you here and as usual I also gonna posting my request if you still can handle all this damn speedmap's what I have.

Well, this Speedmap from the another Pandemonium Speedmapping event in the stage 2, where we must build the DM-map from stage 1 into a SP/Co-Op map.

There's a copypasted info:

* Map Name: Processing Plant.

* Map Author: Man With a Gun (MWG)

* Original Map: UACPhobosBase by Oxyde.

* Custom Music: Kyle Dobson - Waves of Intrigue.

* Source Port Tested on: PrBoom (complevel 9)

* IWAD: Doom 2

* Custom Sky: Yes.

* Build Time: 8hrs.

* Multiplayer: Only Co-Op starts.

* Misc Info From Author: A tough rebuild of the original map from Oxyde, since the original map seems like was unfinished - the result came out more on a different map than on "Build a DM-map into a SP/Co-Op" imo. (And also I don't used the original geometry of the map, it's all was build from the zero) So I don’t know how well I did it, but it was definitely fun to mapping.

*Gameplay Time: 10-15 min.

*Map balance: Could be a harsh, but in some places, not at all. 

Download: PP Coop bugfix.zip

Good to see you back. While you were gone I almost finished the first episode of my WAD and am about to release it officially, but haven't yet packed them in one file properly - I prefer to do it when I'm entirely ready.

MAP05: Flesh Mines

MAP06: The Big Dig (Title not final)

MAP07: Untitled for now

The first two wads are both replacing MAP01 and the latter replaces MAP07. As usual with my maps, they are all in Doom 2 vanilla formats. Should work fine on GZ Doom which seems to be your port of choice.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

7 hours ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Oh wow, welcome back. Long time no see you here and as usual I also gonna posting my request if you still can handle all this damn speedmap's what I have.

Well, this Speedmap from the another Pandemonium Speedmapping event in the stage 2, where we must build the DM-map from stage 1 into a SP/Co-Op map.

There's a copypasted info:

* Map Name: Processing Plant.

* Map Author: Man With a Gun (MWG)

* Original Map: UACPhobosBase by Oxyde.

* Custom Music: Kyle Dobson - Waves of Intrigue.

* Source Port Tested on: PrBoom (complevel 9)

* IWAD: Doom 2

* Custom Sky: Yes.

* Build Time: 8hrs.

* Multiplayer: Only Co-Op starts.

* Misc Info From Author: A tough rebuild of the original map from Oxyde, since the original map seems like was unfinished - the result came out more on a different map than on "Build a DM-map into a SP/Co-Op" imo. (And also I don't used the original geometry of the map, it's all was build from the zero) So I don’t know how well I did it, but it was definitely fun to mapping.

*Gameplay Time: 10-15 min.

*Map balance: Could be a harsh, but in some places, not at all. 

Download: PP Coop bugfix.zip

I beat your map.

On 7/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, RUBENEITOR said:

unknown.png

Just trying to be helpful here, but you have texture filtering on, zdoom does that by default, and if you want the sprites to look their best, I would turn it off.

The setting is in OPTIONS>Display Options>Texture Options>Texture Filter Mode, and turn that to "none" and the sprites look more crisp.

See your screenshot and mine:

Screenshot_Doom_20200710_230041.png

Hey.
Can you look at my 2 lastest works for Ultimate Doom?
Most information is there.
You can play UV, if you want ("Secret Service" hasn't got difficulty variety though.)

OUTER BASE

BY @Kuleshoff

Download Here

This was 6 months of work from the mapper, in one map. Strangely is not a big map neither in size, neither in monster count. Sure, visually is ok (and im saying its ok because unfortunately nowadays we have alot of maps to compare.) more than average visuals(i did like it alot)  i might say. I think its not a first project of his...and at the end we want more to play...curiosity got me if this is going to be a project...how is going to be the increasing difficulty? Lets just hope it does not take more six months for the next map...!

Final Remarks:

- Think monster placement could have been done a little better;

- Last final area before the end is simple, not much of a struggle there;

- Visuals are great, loved the details (lights and good position of textures);

- Is this the start of something? Hope it is.

- Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 21:08

Follow me on Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

IN THE DOG HOUSE (MAP13)

BY @Arbys550

Download Here

I know this mapper and i know what he is capable of doing. Cool fights, and a project that has been rollin" for quite a time. He says that he is perfectionist and that is why the project is taking its time. Sure we can respect that. In this project we have some maps that goes what i think its intended for the project, and other maps on this project feels they belong somewhere else. In this case, this is a fine fun map and i do think its on the right place. Monster placement feels right, ammo/health balance feels right, design feels right and actually i have nothing more to say than that. I had fun...and for me thats the main objective. Thank God i have found the secret (only one of them) because without that i would had a rough time i believe. Hope to see more in the future and thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 51:54

MAYHEM 2020 (MAP23)

BY @Horus

DOWNLOAD HERE

I guess we can describe Horus by is own words "It's not quite as brutal as some of my other maps :P"

No is not. But we can feel his touch on the maps he does. Might not be as brutal, but the player can feel is way of doing things. Solid in every aspect (design/gameplay/balance/progression), i think no project leader has doubts about accepting his maps when he maps. Congrats and thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:33:18

HAPPY (EP1)

BY @Zolgia108

Forum Thread

We have something good here...but it can bite your ass.

I remember playing Djinn (i think like one year ago) with brutal Doom, and at the time there was quality. There was quality then...there is quality now. Tough the mapper is humble on his descrition as a mapper, the reality is that we have (in my opinion) good mapping design, a good texture choices. 

The thing here is about the ascending difficulty. You want to play this megawad on UV, well it will bite your ass in the very first map you put your feet in. Probably can be a little bit of shock...but after the first map, you need to prepare yourself mentally for what is coming. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT...if it is to RIP AND TEAR...lets go then.

But just to bring you down to the Earth...you will die...and die...and die alot. Tough it seems a simple progression maps, there are times of Slaughter...hard fights to handle...but there is always a way...even if you have to die 30 times. Fun is guaranteed, because tough is hard, is at the same time, fair to the player. You do have ammo...you do have health...but its not gonna be an easy path sometimes. Since the mapper was on stream, he know my opinion on each map. Very excited to see what i will encounter in the next episodes. E1 is done...lets see about the next ones! 

From MAP01 to MAP05

STARTS AT 2:00:28

MAP06 and MAP07

STARTS AT 10:19

Follow me on Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

ATTACK ON SEITIS

BY @Roebloz

Download Here

This is the E1UD, and its a start of something. Probably being the first episode, the challenge is not too high, and we have to keep in mind that this was speedmapping.

Still the monster placement could be better. There is no problem with ammo and health and progression is linear (but there is some smart traps in the middle). Though this episode was already released, if there is the ambition of producing more episodes, there could be a review  on this episode, gathering some details on the maps and of course..the monster placement. Hope to see more on this and thanks for the request. 

STARTS AT 1:28:36

Follow me on Twitch ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

Just for information, in-between posting and now I have settled on the names for my maps. Flesh Mines; Deeply and Greedily; Orphean Operations (In the order you posted them in queue)

It is not a Doom map, but I made a wad for Heretic recently and would appreciate if you could record yourself playing it. IDK if you do Heretic wads, but if you do the map is here:

@Austinado

I 'd like to thank you a lot for playing the first episode, you are probably one of the most patient doomguys i ever seen :P

Anyways, i know you expected a boss fight on map 7 but that turned out to be too weird and lagged a lot, so i decided to make something different.

On difficulty curve: i am tryind to make a different curve for each episode, also probably every map is difficult in its own way, i don't know if this is bad design it's just the way it came out.

I am being humble cause i really need you people for advices and such, for example you are the fifth person that i saw playing these maps and thanks to you i decided to put a ssg on map 2 and more rockets on map 1 and other stuff as well, being humble is, i think, fundamental if i want to improve. I am still on my second experience and if it werent for other players advices i would have been still making shitty maps with no idea of what monster placement is.

Still i ve got 12 maps to make and a lot of stuff to fix, but i am glad that you enjoyed the challenge and i am really satisfied with your review, completely on point and precise. Thank you so much man.

Hey @Austinado!

Its nice to see you back here playing again more wads even though the situation really sucks . I never had such a huge loss like you but i can tell everytime i lost a bit of my work it really pissed me off and toke me off some time about mapping and lost interest in doing maps in general for months. My advice would be to forget for some time about mapping because remembering the situation will only frustrate you even more. Dont worry, someday you may play a wad that will bring you back some enthusiasm for mapping again, like happened to me hehe

See you! :) 

Hey Austinado, please try my new map when you have time. It's been improved on a little since John Suitpee's play-through so I won't be exactly the same.

Cheers

Hello Sir! I would like to leave you my request
It's single map but very long, In general it's 2 separate maps that merge together even if they were made together. So expect 1h of gameplay if you gonna play it
It's also quite hard but beatable. Just don't get careless with rockets in first part and in second with cells and you should be fine

THE SHADOWS PLAY

BY @Clownslay

Post Forum

There is a theme...and for me that was well achieved. I see an improvment (good one ) from this mapper, and at the same time of improvement, we see curiosity of his, working on 3d floors, custom monsters, puzzles, and interesting crushers that the player can use on his behalf. I like it! I liked it alot.

Sure some areas from the castle could had more attention with lights...some details (some rooms look empty) and some areas can be wide/ high ceilings (unecessary)

with few monsters (i played HMP...probably that made the diference) but it can be challenging, and the the custom monsters sure make the diference. Improvement i say...and surely that this gave alot of work. Im curious to see what is coming next...and curious in a good way! Keep up the good work and thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 16:30

Follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

WEN VS DOOM

BY @xxWeNxx

Download Here

Fun. This is the only word that comes to my mind. I have played previous maps from xxWeNxx and i am certain that these two maps were the best ones i have played. Small maps, fluid, solid design, nice music (you cant go wrong with Jimmy right?) fun gameplay and humor. Hope this becomes a mapset...this is without a doubt (for me) the right direction!

Hope to see more and thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 1:48:22

MONSTER FINAL (Incomplete)

BY @RUBENEITOR

Download Here

I actually dont know how many maps there are in this WAD, mainly because we get in the first one and its a slaughter one with alot of things that in my opinion alot of elements are missing.

There is flaws like mapping desing, ammo/health balance, mapping design...i dont know if this is a first release (probably its not) but not being able backtrack, try to figur out a diferent path is critical here...and for me was fatal. It looked like a troll map when you open a door and have more than 10 arch-villes against you, and no BFG...no cover...no invulnerability sphere, no soulsphere...no ammo...and the  Evanescence music choice felt quite weird. 

In my opinion, the mapper has to review slaughter maps to check out how everything works...and follow those steps. 

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 2:30:19

KINDA SCARY MOD

BY @GoosebumpsFan

Post Forum

Im gonna be honest here (like i always am), i think the mapper is too much ambitious. I assume that this is not a first release (and from the post forum, its a work in progress) but we can feel that alot of work has to be done. Sure custom monsters, custom sound and custom weapons can be fun...but for me it some cases it was not the best choices. 

You have the pistol and when you are out of bullets...you cant use it anymore, there is no more ammo for it (only for chainguns). You get the shotgun and when out of ammo you cant use it anymore...the shells provided afterwords on the map(s) are for the SSG...

Map 01 and map02 is very similar...the design is basic..and there is rooms that if you dont get there...they will be not missed..they have no purpose.

Overall...i personally would advise to map more...simple things are needed to achieve...monster placement...gameplay...progression is basic and straight foward. These are important things to "be average" at least so the mapper can give a step foward to...a mod. But..this is only an opinion of course. A mod gives alot of work...and there is alot to know to make it good. Still, i admire the ambitious road of this mapper...but in my opinion...there are more important things to learn.

Thanks for the request and keep up the hard work...because it is an hard work. Good luck!

STARTS AT 13:10

CREATURE ANALYSIS

BY @Horus

Download Here

I know that Horus is "recent" mapper, but for sure he likes to play on the playground with the adults! What i mean by this? Maps have quality, gameplay is fun, and design solid as a rock. This map can fool at the begining, you think that maybe Horus got softner...but with some restritions of the Moddest mapping event #2, there is a certain point that you know you will have to put up your sleves...because shit is gonna get serious! 

This mapper knows to do monster placement, difficulty progression rises little by little...and sure you will finish the map, but it will bite your ass and you will have to give a few atemps to do so. Fun and challenge guaranteed. The moddest mapping #2 have a powerfull map in the list...and for sure a more than average or fine map to play. For me...good map! Well done. 

PS: The logo brand of himself is a good idea...i loved it!

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 59:37

PROCESSING PLANT

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Download Here

This mapper has his style of mapping. Pleasing to the eye, its like a baker that gathers oldschool vanilla and perfects it until its good to go. The map has great connection all over the place, monster encount can be harsh, but i think,  the beggining its the vital point. Dont stop and work from there, that is what i did, and it worked for me.

We smell an experienced mapper all over the place. Its simple, and at the same time, you can explore for secrets with the help of computer aid. For some time that i know his work...and i can asure, you cant go wrong when this mapper releases a map.

Thanks alot for the request! Hope to see more...and more...and more!

STARTS AT 1:35:07

Edited by Austinado